News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Leicester Miracle -- What Does It Mean To You?

Started by Forever Fulham, March 25, 2016, 02:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFulham

HV71

Hope ........ As simple as that. The adjective that is behind most true fans emotions whether they support Accrington or Arsenal. On a very uneven playing field it is all you can have at times - I so want them to win it - bit like the old Wimbledon winning the FA cup - but better

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Statto on March 27, 2016, 12:37:55 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on March 26, 2016, 11:46:01 PM
I'm past thinking that most of Leicester's starters are just over-achievers.  No, I think there is real top class talent on that team.  And that makes me wonder how many quality players are out there, just languishing on a bench or in lower leagues somewhere, for no good reason.

What does this mean though?

What's the difference between inherent, latent "talent" and just good form?

Zamora for example - 90% of the time a relatively poor premiership striker  But on his day, for brief spells under Hodgson he was absolutely unplayable. So was he a real top class striker underperforming most of his career, or was he just an average player that Hodgson got the best out of?
Well, I don't know if it's correct to state he was absolutely unplayable.  Against certain defenders where he could use his strength and length, he could hold it up and give us a deep threat, and I'm not taking anything away from what he did for the club.  Maybe my memory is clouded from his last seasons as a sulker and pouter.  But I get your larger point: When roused, and under the right manager, good players can be made to play as very good players.  How would you rate Vardy and the Algerian?  The same way you see Zamora under Roy?

Vinnieffc

Leicester have been my 'second' team since the early 90's when my then partner used to go up every other weekend to visit her family. To get out of the house I'd go watch the Foxes at Filbo or the Tigers in the rugby depending on who was at home. I'm so thrilled for them because I've always hated the monopoly of leagues. The likes of Barca/Real in Spain, Bayern in Germany, sooo boring. I've not given up on us because we'll avoid the drop, but I look out for the Foxes results just as much. Fairytail stuff which is whats sport is all about.

hurricane_nz

Shows that a small team with some smart signings and a canny manager can still do what we considered impossible. As bad as we have been this year it gives me hope that perhaps one day with the new money coming into the game that we could possibly challenge for the PL title one day, assuming we get back there. Leicester went down to League 1 then struggled on way up so it could happen. Currently tho we need to make lots of changes, I think we have a good manager who will get us hopefully going in the right direction when he can sign who he wants without any restrictions like he had in January. Who knows what could have happened to the club if Roy hadn't left us for the bright lights of Liverpool, we had the basis of a good team there if he had stayed with some new young guys bought in. As it is Hughes was right, we had no ambition when he left and look what hes managed to do at Stoke after wasting his time at the ha-has. Jol was a disaster really who got way too long in the job and hasn't done much with his job record since!

HatterDon

What Leicester City is doing is worthy of cheers and respect, but the real achievement in the Premier League this season is the performance of Bournemouth and Watford.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel