QPR
1-0 Ipswich
Reading
0-0 Wolves

WhiteJC

Fulham battle to draw with Derby as Slavisa Jokanovic's wait for a win goes on

Whites pegged back by high-flying Rams

Two late saves: Andy Lonergan

Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham picked up a vital point in their quest for Championship survival in a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage.

The Whites were indebted to Martin Olsson, after the Rams' debutant back-heeled into his own net to put the hosts ahead.

But a stunning Craig Bryson volley from the edge of the box ensured Paul Clement's out-of-form Derby took a share of the spoils.

The visiting Rams started in fine form, with Fulham conceding a series of free-kicks to their counterparts.

Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack were lingering with intent in the opening exchanges, appearing to be an ominous threat on the counter-attack.

Former Whites midfielder Chris Baird lashed a dipping 25 yard volley over the bar after 11 minutes, before the hosts went in front.

Luke Garbutt broke down the left hand side, and his pull back ricocheted off one Derby defender into Martin Olsson, who could only watch on as he back-heeled into his own net.

The Whites began to dominate, with Cairney posing a real threat and Jamie O'Hara nearly providing Dembele with an opportunity to make double the hosts' lead, but the Frenchman was underneath the cross.

But Fulham were dealt a sucker-punch right on the stroke of half-time when the Chris Martin whipped a ball to the edge of the area, and an unmarked Craig Bryson obligingly stroked a volley into the top corner.

Dembele might have put Fulham ahead mid-way through the second half when he connected with a corner, only to head wide of the far post.

Johnny Russell, a constant menace to Fulham's defence, then missed a one-on-one when Lonergan was quick to shut the Scot down.

Lonergan denied Rams right-back Cyrus Christie whose drive, after a marauding run, was tipped over.

Cairney fired just wide of the post in injury time, but the Whites had to settle for a point.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/fulham-battle-draw-derby-slavisa-10851659?

WhiteJC

Full-time: Fulham 1-1 Derby County - Craig Bryson strike earns Rams a point

CRAIG Bryson's first goal of the season earned Derby County a 1-1 draw against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The Rams had fallen behind after 16 minutes of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship encounter when Marcuss Olsson scored an own goal on his debut.

But Bryson, making his first league start since the opening day of the season, levelled just before half-time.

Neither side could find a winner after the break and Paul Clement's men have now gone seven league games without a win.

Clement made five changes to his starting line-up following the goalless draw at home to Preston in midweek.

Derby started brightly enough, with Chris Martin dragging a shot wide from distance after a neat flick from Bryson.

The Rams were then denied by the woodwork, in the seventh minute.

Luke Garbutt was booked for a foul on Johnny Russell, who delivered a teasing free kick into the box from the right.

Richard Keogh got there before keeper Andy Lonergan but his brave header came back off the crossbar.

Chris Baird - facing his old club - fired a volley over and it was looking promising for the visitors.

But they fell behind in comical style.

Luke Garbutt's low centre from the left was sliced by Baird but at least was heading wide before Olsson inadvertently backheeled it into his own net.

Derby battled to get back on level terms but, playing into a strong wind, found it tough to carve out any more openings.

Fulham were growing in confidence and Mouossa Dembele flashed a shot across the face of goal after a high ball forward by Dan Burn dropped to him in the area after 40 minutes.

However, the Rams levelled a minute before the interval.

Martin hooked a cross from the right into the area and Bryson arrived to send a crisp side-foot volley wide of Lonergan from 15 yards.

The first chance of the second half fell to Derby but Martin's 20-yard free kick curled over the bar.

Fulham created an opening with a nice passing move in the 57th minute but substitute Alex Kacaniklic's first-time shot lacked power and was comfortably saved by Scott Carson.

The hosts caught Derby on the break soon after but Jamie O'Hara sliced a shot high and wide.

On the hour, a Russell free kick was headed away as far as Andreas Weimann, who volleyed over.

The game was on a knife-edge and Dembele sent a free header wide of the far post from O'Hara's corner on the right.

At the other end, Jeff Hendrick's shot from a half-cleared Russell corner looked to be heading goalwards before it was inadvertently blocked by Weimann.

Tom Cairney picked out Ross McCormack in space on the left after 74 minutes but his first touch was slightly too heavy and Carson was out well to block.

McCormack was then denied by a fine block from Keogh.

Derby had a chance to make it 2-1 in the 84th minute when Russell latched on to Hendrick's pass over the top but the Scot's low shot was kept out by the onrushing Lonergan.

Cyrus Christie then went close a couple of minutes from the end, beating several players on a brilliant run before his rising shot was tipped over by the keeper.

The Fulham fans thought they had won it but McCormack's shot from a tight angle rippled the side-netting.

The hosts went close again in the third minute of added time, Cairney's 20-yarder drifting inches wide.

From the final play of the game, Russell's cross from the left fell to Martin but he could only prod the ball wide.

FULHAM: Lonergan, Richards, Burn, Amorebieta, Garbutt, Cairney, R Ince (Kacaniklic, 46), O'Hara, Christensen (Parker, 85), McCormack, Dembele (Smith, 76). Other subs: Lewis (gk) Ream, Fredericks, Labyad.

DERBY COUNTY: Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Baird (Butterfield, 67), Hendrick, Bryson (Johnson, 73), Russell, Weimann (Blackman, 77), Martin. Other subs: Grant (gk), Warnock, T Ince, Bent.

REFEREE: D Deadman (Cambridgeshire).

ATTENDANCE: 18,472 (4,095 away fans).

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/time-Fulham-1-1-Derby-County-Craig-Bryson-strike/story-28684302-detail/story.html#ixzz3zPuP5ZnL
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham draw at home to Derby

Fulham 1 Derby 1

Fulham remain without a win since December despite an improved display against promotion-chasing Derby.

The Whites went ahead in the first half when Rams right-back Marcus Olsson turned Luke Garbutt's cross into his own net.

Derby equalised on the stroke of half-time through Craig Bryson's skillful sidefooted volley, while the Rams' Russell Martin hit the bar early on.

Fulham have now won just once in 15 Championship matches and remain three points above the relegation zone.

Their improvement was aided by Ross McCormack's return to the side after his unsuccessful wrangle over a transfer to Middlesbrough, while the Whites also handed a debut to new loanee from Brighton Rohan Ince.

And there was a place in the side for Fernando Amorebieta, who returned from a loan at Middlesbrough and had not played for Fulham since March 2015.

He was typically lively at the back but allowed Martin to steal a yard in front of him and head a free-kick onto the bar after just seven minutes.

Former Fulham man Chris Baird also volleyed just over in a strong start for the visitors that was undone when Olsson deflected the ball past his own keeper on 17 minutes.

The Whites were in the process of a strong finish to the half when Bryson rifled in the equaliser on 45 minutes, but they continued their ascendancy in the second half.

Substitute Alex Kacaniklic, who replaced Ince at the interval, force a good save from Scott Carson to his right and Moussa Dembele, who almost joined Tottenham in the transfer window, headed wide at the far post late on.

Fulham needed Any Lonergan to tip Cyrus Christie's fierce effort over the bar on 88 minutes to ensure a point, but McCormack hit the side netting and Tom Cairney missed the far post from long range right at the death.

Fulham (4-2-2): Lonergan; Richards, Burn, Amorebieta, Garbutt; Cairney, Ince (Kacaniklic 46), O'Hara, Christensen (Parker 86); McCormack, Dembele (Smith 76)
Subs not used: Lewis, Fredericks, Labyad, Ream

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/struggling-fulham-draw-at-home-to-derby-wls-football

WhiteJC

QPR Tickets

Back the boys next weekend as Fulham travel to Loftus Road for our lunchtime kick-off with Queens Park Rangers on Saturday 13th February, 12:30pm.

Tickets are now on General Sale, with prices starting from £27 for adults and from £12 for under-18s in the lower tier, and from £32 for adults and £15 for juniors in the upper tier.

Under-8s can attend this fixture for free in certain blocks, however they must be accompanied by a paying adult.

A seating plan of Loftus Road can be viewed here, and supporters are advised that this fixture will be all ticket, with no tickets will be available to purchase on match day.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/06/qpr-tickets?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss gives verdict on Rohan Ince debut and explains half-time substitution

Fulham's Rohan Ince during the warm up (John Walton/PA Wire)

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic praised the "great job" Rohan Ince did in his debut for the club.

Ince started in the centre of midfield in the 1-1 draw with Derby at Craven Cottage and the Brighton loanee impressed with a physical display before he was withdrawn at half time.

The 23-year-old combined well with Tom Cairney and Jamie O'Hara in the middle of the park, while his imposing frame and strength in the challenge offered a bite that Fulham have been lacking this season.

Ince was replaced by Alexander Kacaniklic at the break and after his impressive first-half showing the move raised questions over the former's fitness.

But Whites boss Jokanovic insists the decision to take Ince off was tactical and not the result of an injury.

"He did a great job," Jokanovic said. "He put in a great performance with his characteristics.

"He competes very well but I tried to find a different way to play from the first 45 minutes. This is the reason that I changed him." Jokanovic was also impressed with Fernando Amorebieta's return to the club.

The Venezuelan had been on loan at Middlesbrough since the start of the season but he came back to Craven Cottage at the start of the month and put in a solid display in his first game back at Craven Cottage.

"Fernando is an experienced player," Jokanovic said. "He played for many years at the highest level of football.

"He knows the Championship and competing at the highest level. I believe he put in a great performance and helped us to win this point today.

"He can be an important player for us, he's back and he can improve our team."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_boss_gives_verdict_on_rohan_ince_debut_and_explains_half_time_substitution_1_4408730
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Paul Clement frustrated as Derby's winless run continues -

Paul Clement took little satisfaction from a point as his Derby side came back to draw 1-1 against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The result kept his side within the playoff positions, despite not earning a victory since Boxing Day.

Five points separate the Rams from the automatic promotion places and Clement remained unhappy at recent form.

"Under normal circumstances, if the performances and results had been better, this might have been seen as a very valuable point," he said.

"Because we've been off the back of a poor run of results, and a couple of really poor performances, it's not what we wanted.

"We started the game brightly, it's happened a few times during this run - the goal comes against the run of play.

"It's taken a deflection off two of our own players - it was Fulham's first meaningful attack. We suffered a bit after that.

"Our goal was a fantastic goal and a great finish, so there were positives to build on in the second half."

Fulham took the lead in the 17th minute, albeit with more than a hint of good fortune - a low cross from the left by Luke Garbutt first deflected off defender Baird, then in off the unfortunate Marcus Olsson.

Derby drew level just before the break when Craig Bryson sidefooted an excellent first-time volley past keeper Andy Lonergan.

Fulham nearly took the lead on 66 minutes when Moussa Dembele should have done better with a close-range header following a Jamie O'Hara corner.

Russell did manage to breach the defence on 84 minutes, after he was found by a long diagonal pass by Jeff Hendrick, but he was foiled by the onrushing Lonergan who was able to clear to safety.

The Fulham goalkeeper was forced into action again with one minute of normal time remaining, when he got his fingertips to a Cyrus Christie shot - the defender making an excellent solo run from just inside the opposition half.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has yet to record a win since his arrival in West London, but saw positives.

"We competed very well, we competed for all of the game. We tried playing a different way to the philosophy we're trying to put in," he said.

"In the second half we tried moving the ball and to be brave and play more with the ball.

"In my opinion we are improving - we are difficult to deal with. I cannot be happy if we don't win the game. I am a football coach. -

"Rohan Ince did a great job, he competed well. I took him off so I could try and find a different way to how we played in the first 45 minutes."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/paul-clement-frustrated-as-derbys-winless-run-continues-1799084.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss frustrated as Whites held by Derby

The Whites took an early lead thanks to debutant Martin Olsson's own goal, before a Craig Bryson volley levelled the score on the stroke of half-time

Slavisa Jokanovic was left frustrated after his Fulham side continued their five match winless streak in a 1-1 draw with Derby at Craven Cottage.

The Whites took an early lead thanks to debutant Martin Olsson's own goal, before a Craig Bryson volley levelled the score on the stroke of half-time.

Fulham were unlucky not to steal the win late on, after a rasping drive from Tom Cairney, and manager Jokanovic was left frustrated with the result.

The former Watford boss said: "We didn't win the game. Today we competed very well, all the game.

"I'm happy with the first 45 minutes, we showed we could compete, we scored the goal, we tried playing a different way.

"Second half, we more or less continued to compete.

We tried to keep possession of the ball, then we start to be brave, and play football with the ball. We are improved."

Fulham have failed to win since they beat Rotherham 4-1 in December, and are yet to win under the leadership of new manager Jokanovic.

But the signs are positive at Craven Cottage, and so too is the Serbian manager, as they eye up a derby win against Queens Park Rangers next weekend.

He added: "This is part of Fulham, this is part of the life.

"You keep going, and i believe I'm going to find my first victory next week against QPR. That is it - be positive.

"I believe all the football club - the staff, the fans, the players, they try help me. I expect the first win is going to be next weekend."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-frustrated-whites-held-10852107?

WhiteJC

Head Coach Reaction

Slaviša Jokanović was not content settling for a point from Fulham's 1-1 draw with Derby County at Craven Cottage.

The Whites went ahead when Marcus Olsson put into his own net following a dangerous Luke Garbutt cross, but the visitors found a way back into the game when Craig Bryson volleyed in superbly against the run of play just before half-time.

"I'm a football coach and I'm only happy when we win the games," Jokanović stated in his post-match press conference. "I cannot be happy that we didn't win the game.

"We competed all game and tried to hold on to possession of the ball. We started to be brave and play some football with the ball. In my opinion, we have improved."

It was another fixture in which Fulham have played a style of football that belied their position in the league table, and Jokanović is optimistic that the winless run under his stewardship will soon end.

"This is part of football, this is part of the life," he said. "We keep going and I believe we're going to find my first victory in the next game against QPR.

"I believe the whole football club – the staff, the fans, the players – have been trying to help me adapt since the first game. I need to continue to be positive and believe that our first victory is going to arrive next weekend."

Fernando Amorebieta was thrown straight into the starting XI after his loan spell at Middlesbrough was brought to a premature end, and his Head Coach is pleased to have a player of his calibre available to choose from.

"Fernando is an experienced player," he explained. "He played many years at the highest level. He knows the Championship.

"I believe he made a great performance today in the game and he can be an important player for us. He's back with us and I expect he can improve our team."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/06/jokanovic-reaction