News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When you need a bit of reassurance about Fulham FC...

Started by LBNo11, February 01, 2010, 12:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

boxhockcycsock

*sniff*

Makes me proud to be a Fulham supporter and basically embodies the biggest reason why I started following back in the day.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

Lighthouse

Well it says it all doesn't it. Puts THE beautiful back into our beautiful game. They may have taken the sport away from us. But we are Fulham and we are unique. Good and bad. Great stuff.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

SheffieldWhite

Thanks LB you are a star. I posted yesterday about Saturday and the great time my sons and I had in the JG. Apart from the result everything about the day was great; the walk through Bishop's Park the people we met the banter there and at the game. I am so grateful that I was taken to Fulham as a child everything about them fits me like an old pair of shoes. We all need to make sure that nothing changes the ethos that we have. What was articulated in that clip is far more important than Premiership survival. I have had wonderful days out with Fulham people at Hull and Scunthorpe and York etc, the list seems endless. We must be vigilant and protect our heritage, our unique location and all the positives about the Fulham experience.

DarkRoom

Fate has, in deed, been very kind to us.
May we long be the standard that others should look to as they rise & fall.
When people tell me they support MU they have to hastily explain that they have done so for years 'that they are not one of the new bandwagon breed'.
God forbid that a Fulham supporter should ever have to make the same explanation.

Scrumpy

Thanks L.B.

This should be prescribed for a happy outlook and healthy gut. Take 2 of these a month, for a nice warm feeling inside, a sense of pride in your Club, and reduced wind. ;D
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

mattiesafer

Quote from: DarkRoom on February 01, 2010, 01:09:49 PM
Fate has, in deed, been very kind to us.
May we long be the standard that others should look to as they rise & fall.
When people tell me they support MU they have to hastily explain that they have done so for years 'that they are not one of the new bandwagon breed'.
God forbid that a Fulham supporter should ever have to make the same explanation.

When you're an American supporter everyone just assumes that you support Fulham because of all the American players.  So I always find myself having to explain that I was a supporter before McBride arrived, and I always get odd looks about it.

Not being from England or having any family ties there I had no natural team to support.  My roommate at the time was a lifelong Man U supporter so I toyed with the idea of Arsenal just to mess with him.  But he got REALLY genuinely upset so I through that out.  So I thought back to the first match I had seen, it was Fulham and Middlesbrough.  I just remember thinking Middlesbrough seemed like a bunch of thugs, but there was something charming about the way Fulham played.  And supporting Fulham was great too because while it confused people, nobody was ever offended by it the way they might if I supported Liverpool or Arsenal or Man U, etc.

So I chose FFC.  And I have never been disappointed.  Fulham remains the great little club that always punches above its weight and carries itself with a touch of class.

chez

LB

thank you so much for posting that, phew very emotional but brings a damn big smile to your face!

finnster01

Thanks Mr LB,

A bit teary eyed right now, but well worth it
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FulhamGK

Don't mess with Texas!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

makes me cry everytime I see this,I wish the players could watch this before the Pompy game,this is why this stuff matters!

The Swan

LBNo11.
           Thank you very much for posting this wonderful piece. It sums up our beloved Fulham .
When I moved to Milton Keynes in 1973 and continued to travel into London to watch Fulham play every other week my young daughters would say to me Dad why don't you support a team that can win a few games. I said to Julia and Clare that once you become a Fulham supporter you never ever change clubs no matter how bad it gets.
The Swan

JezamyBates

why put a dig at the corporate fans? we have loads of corporate boxes and kiss their combined arses when they stump up for one.

bizarre

Steve_orino

Good to see that again.  Thanks for posting Mr. LB
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Burt

Quality. Class never dies.

Thanks for posting Mr LB sir. I've had a crappy day here in the US (lost my wallet, lost a filling) and that has calmed me down a bit!

OldBrownShoe

A proper football club that plays in a proper football ground followed by decent, generous and kind supporters who care.

There is much I could say but there is no need is there? However the recent good and heartfelt wishes to Roger Brown and his touching reply, posted on this message board, pretty much says everything we know about our Club.

Thank you LB.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

HatterDon

OTOH, I remember when this first came out, some folks who came to the club late in life and/or didn't live in London reacted to the video as the club telling them "You're not one of us; you're not REALLY Fulham." Mind you, it didn't bother me on those grounds, although it is a little bit self-congratulatory.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamGK

Its a shame that people would take it that way. 

Although not from London, the video made me think back to the Hull City game this year.  It was MY FIRST at the cottage.  At 29 years old, I felt like a little kid again.

I think the idea that should be taken from the video is the type of people that we are as Fulham supporters. 
Don't mess with Texas!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on February 02, 2010, 06:50:56 PM
OTOH, I remember when this first came out, some folks who came to the club late in life and/or didn't live in London reacted to the video as the club telling them "You're not one of us; you're not REALLY Fulham." Mind you, it didn't bother me on those grounds, although it is a little bit self-congratulatory.

As one of the late comers,I always took it as a "well you got here,where've you been?,we've been waiting-welcome home son!"
because thats how it feels"home" I know it sounds a bit soft but this is why this club matters so much to me, the way you feel on match day,the walk though the park,knowing that we are going to beat United,but could get turned over by Hull!-there is nowhere else like the Cottage left,everybody else has improved there grounds but sold there soul and thats why we are all here because the clubs got soul,it matters...........

COME ON YOU FULHAM! ;D