watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

been here before

Started by 18stepsup, February 14, 2016, 05:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18stepsup

When we beat qpr four nil I really thought that we had turned the corner. I have the same feeling now. Am I going to be disappointed again?

gezkc

dannyboi-ffc

I think it's a sensible way to look at it. Let's just be happy with the win and not convince ourselves we are world beaters overnight. I felt this performance was coming after the steady gradual progress we were making. But like you I felt the same last time so let's see how we get on for the next few games and if a pattern emerges then we can start to be very optimistic for next season.

Still a long way to go but in Joka we trust!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

I posted before about our typical overreaction. Suddenly we have the greatest team and manager. Until you actually look at results. Two wins in sixteen and the first win under our new manager. Yet to have a clean sheet.

So it was a great result but yes we have been here before. A big week coming up to see how far we really have come. Hopefully far enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Kent Cassandra

Winning and losing.... the great imposters
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

res

Quote from: 18stepsup on February 14, 2016, 05:54:46 PM
When we beat qpr four nil I really thought that we had turned the corner. I have the same feeling now. Am I going to be disappointed again?

You will not be disappointed. The team performance is so much stronger now, bodies on the line instead of limp marking, running off the ball instead of ball watching, team defending and discipline, a bit of pace, and a feeling that each player knows what he has to do. Unlike the last QPR result, this one will be the springboard to a move to mid table...and if we keep the key squad members together, we will be around the top next year. We have a top man in SJ.

nose

performance is always king for me
however qpr may just have been off the pace. a result and performance at blackburn will be an indicator... a good performance first

fulhamben

Just to throw it out there, if we beat Blackburn then we have equalled kits 8 points from 7 games at the start of the season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One James stannard

I honestly think we have appointed a superb manager (head coach) and I feel that better times are ahead. I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs, highs and lows but I feel we have a manager who has a clear idea of what he wants and what he expects of his players.

Maybe I'm going to be massively disappointed but I reacon that better times are slowly coming together.

Onwards and upwards

Southcoastffc

We are Fulham - so Lord knows!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on February 14, 2016, 09:56:34 PM
Just to throw it out there, if we beat Blackburn then we have equalled kits 8 points from 7 games at the start of the season
Just shows Ben we should have kept him for another 7 games after we sacked him (only joking)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

Quote from: One James stannard on February 14, 2016, 10:04:39 PM
I honestly think we have appointed a superb manager (head coach) and I feel that better times are ahead. I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs, highs and lows but I feel we have a manager who has a clear idea of what he wants and what he expects of his players.

Maybe I'm going to be massively disappointed but I reacon that better times are slowly coming together.

Onwards and upwards

If we survive and if jocaonovich can keep the board from sabotaging his efforts then we will be promoted next season. The board are what is strangling the club for whatever reason. But Joca can already be sen to know what needs to be done and seems to be imposing a new organsiation and work ethic to the team. I have no doubt he is a brilliant acquisition so let us hope he is allowed the freedom and means to succeed.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: 18stepsup on February 14, 2016, 05:54:46 PM

Think it behooves us all to take each result for what it is and not assume that it says anything about any future or past match.

In the grand scheme of things all this one tells me is that we lessened the likelihood of relegation just a bit and that we've got The HaHa's number this season.  :54:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Chutney

A part from the very occasional slip up we always beat QPR, they have little to no quality in their squad so I wouldn't read to much in to it. Although, that said, our all round play has been much improved under Jokanovic and with a bit of luck we can start making victories like that a more regular occurrence.
C O Y W