watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head coach gives his view on tonight's performance

Started by bill taylors apprentice, February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reznor

Garbutt will be shown the door by Everton soon enough and will probably end up somewhere like Barnsley. Slav won't want him. Some players can't see the wood for the trees.

Horsfield_No9

IF Garbutt is good enough for this legaue (which I'd ask serious questions about) it can only be his attitude that makes him so average to poor in a Fulham shirt. I'd give him an overall rating this season of 5/10 and that is not factoring in whatever last night was. Real disappointment as Everton fans apparently rate him. Like someone said above, I think he'll end up at a Barnsley.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

FulhamStu

Garbutt is an interesting one.  Who would you play, Garbutt or Ream ?   Everton fans like Arsenal fans thought that midfield players who's name escapes me was great...  Garbutt is young and will surely improve, however fancy Dan attitudes are the least we need.  Take Grimmer on the other hand, his attitude is superb.  Pity he is not left sided.   We have had many options this season at full back, however we have still not got what is needed.  Even Husband who most people rated highly, is suspect defensively.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM
"We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire".

Well at least he see's it like the rest of us, I wonder how he's going to react in the short term?

:plus one:
Hmmm, that's a good sign imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

copthornemike

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 17, 2016, 12:55:02 PM
Garbutt is an interesting one.  Who would you play, Garbutt or Ream ?   Everton fans like Arsenal fans thought that midfield players who's name escapes me was great...  Garbutt is young and will surely improve, however fancy Dan attitudes are the least we need.  Take Grimmer on the other hand, his attitude is superb.  Pity he is not left sided.   We have had many options this season at full back, however we have still not got what is needed.  Even Husband who most people rated highly, is suspect defensively.
Some good points - but can every player who has played as a full back for us this season be really, really bad?
The way we are set up defensively when we do not have the ball, particularly when transitioning from attack to defense,  has to be a factor as well.
For example under Woy (sorry, I know it was a long time ago) the likes of Konchevsky were probably not much (if at all) better than the backs we have now but they rarely looked as exposed as they do now. even against better opposition.   

ffccaz

I have in the past thought Garbutt had an attitude and wasn't much good. I thought he played well against QPR Saturday or did it just appear that way as the team as a whole were much better?

win-dup

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 17, 2016, 11:39:22 AM
Lots of very good comments on here.  I agree that Garbutt does appear to have a billy big bollocks attitude at times.  The team that finished the game last night was totally unsuited to that fixture.  Fred at full back in a back 4 that was not strong enough.  Labyad and Kacka in midfield with Cairney and a knackered O'Hara in the engine room. No wonder we got stuffed.  Jokanovic got it right Saturday and wrong last night.  Easy to be wise after the event but players like Ince and Stearman should have been drafted in and should play next week v Leeds.

Interesting that McCormack gave a brief interview after the game, suggest that was Jokanovics work ! 

To take a positive, Jokanovic will have learned a lot about the lack of character, leadership and desire from certain players and will remember games like this when he plans his squad for next season.  As someone said, I can see considerable re-balancing of the squad in the summer.

He's been in charge for seventeen games and it took last night for him to realise the lack of character in some players?!!!!!

MJG

Quote from: win-dup on February 17, 2016, 01:45:55 PM
Lots of very good comments on here.  I agree that Garbutt does appear to have a billy big bollocks attitude at times.  The team that finished the game last night was totally unsuited to that fixture.  Fred at full back in a back 4 that was not strong enough.  Labyad and Kacka in midfield with Cairney and a knackered O'Hara in the engine room. No wonder we got stuffed.  Jokanovic got it right Saturday and wrong last night.  Easy to be wise after the event but players like Ince and Stearman should have been drafted in and should play next week v Leeds.

Interesting that McCormack gave a brief interview after the game, suggest that was Jokanovics work ! 

To take a positive, Jokanovic will have learned a lot about the lack of character, leadership and desire from certain players and will remember games like this when he plans his squad for next season.  As someone said, I can see considerable re-balancing of the squad in the summer.

He's been in charge for seventeen games and it took last night for him to realise the lack of character in some players?!!!!!
Not sure where you are getting 17 from?

snarks

As I say I didn't see last night, but there was certainly character against Hull, Derby and QPR. Also effort and determination against Sheff Wed in the league. Under Slav I haven't seen a lacklustre performance that we saw frequently under Jol, Felix, Kit and Grant.

I imagine it was a shock to him too. Certainly I think from his post match comments it was. Perhaps it's not only Parker that can't play 2 games in 4 days, seemingly O'Hara in the engine room couldn't either.

Ordar

When Parker doesnt play if feels like we lack leadership on the pitch, someone to drag the team through tricky spells. Neither McCormack or Burn seem to be able to do that.

I think the imminent squad clear out, is probably also partly responsible. Rather than playing for their futures, most of them just dont seem bothered.

I have to say, I'm a little surprised that Stearman and Smith arent getting used more

SW6

Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2016, 11:18:25 AM
Luke Garbutt @luke_garbutt

Apologises to fans and my teammates @FulhamFC last night my performance was simply not good enough I will learn from this huge game sat!

Talk is cheap

Southcoastffc

I don't like 'digging out' individuals. The team as a whole failed, but to those who claim Garbutt is a problem just remember that he did very well at QPR and remember his excellent performance at Bristol City when we won 4-1.  He is inconsistent - that's perhaps why he's not playing in the Prem (yet).
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Peabody

FulhamStu

Quote from: win-dup on February 17, 2016, 01:45:55 PM

In fairness the general attitude has been much better in his much less than 17 games in charge.  However for whatever reason, cold tues up north type thing, it all went pear shaped last night, so yes, this would have been the first time Jokanovic would have witnessed how weak we can be.  Having said that, he was in charge when we got thrashed by Watford last season, trouble was, he was not in charge of Fulham !

FulhamStu

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 17, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
I don't like 'digging out' individuals. The team as a whole failed, but to those who claim Garbutt is a problem just remember that he did very well at QPR and remember his excellent performance at Bristol City when we won 4-1.  He is inconsistent - that's perhaps why he's not playing in the Prem (yet).

Error, he did not come on until the 87th minutes at Bristol !

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 17, 2016, 02:41:54 PM

No intent to be nasty here but it's also an indication that even this level may be too much too soon for him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

NogoodBoyo

O'Hara's statement that the training under Jokanovic is far more "intensive" says it all for me. 
Symons is a lovely bloke and gave good service to the club.  He just lacked the gravitas, the experience, the judgement and the passion to be the type of manager that a club in Fulham's position needs.  It's not his fault.  It's clearly the management's fault that he was hired in the first place (which we all wanted - but we were wrong).  Next mistake was in keeping him too long.
The differences between Symons and Jokanovic are very evident.  The Serb understands the game better, understands the players better and understands what needs to be done better.  The problem is that he is working with a confused squad that lacks the confidence and the balance necessary to produce solid performances and results week-in/week-out.
I will give him time - a lot more time.  After all, we gave it to Hodgson.  Look how long it took him to turn the problem around.
Nogood "time, she flexes like a whore, isit" Boyo

SW6

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 17, 2016, 05:33:24 PM
O'Hara's statement that the training under Jokanovic is far more "intensive" says it all for me. 
Symons is a lovely bloke and gave good service to the club.  He just lacked the gravitas, the experience, the judgement and the passion to be the type of manager that a club in Fulham's position needs.  It's not his fault.  It's clearly the management's fault that he was hired in the first place (which we all wanted - but we were wrong).  Next mistake was in keeping him too long.
The differences between Symons and Jokanovic is very evident.  The Serb understands the game better, understands the players better and understands what needs to be done better.  The problem is that he is working with a confused squad that lacks the confidence and the balance necessary to produce solid performances and results week-in/week-out.
I will give him time - a lot more time.  After all, we gave it to Hodgson.  Look how long it took him to turn the problem around.

finally a Fulham fan who looks at it the same way as me.

not many of us

MikeW

How old is Garbutt - 19-20?  Before the 'lack of respect' brigade get on their horses look around at some of the supposed seasoned performers.  Seen much that impresses you?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: SW6 on February 17, 2016, 07:28:46 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 17, 2016, 05:33:24 PM
The differences between Symons and Jokanovic is very evident.  The Serb understands the game better, understands the players better and understands what needs to be done better.  The problem is that he is working with a confused squad that lacks the confidence and the balance necessary to produce solid performances and results week-in/week-out.

finally a Fulham fan who looks at it the same way as me.

not many of us

I don't know, SW6 - I think there are many on here who are prepared to invest time and patience in Jokanovic.  Most seem to recognise he was dealt several bad hands: A troubled squad, the embargo, incredibly poor management from the board, political strife and demoralising politics from Kahn Jnr and his aggressive Statsman. 
As in any dysfunctional corporation, those malodorous influences seep right down from on high to the coaches' office and out onto the pitch.  It's going to take one heck of a strong character to succeed under those conditions.  But I really like the look of how Jokanovic is dealing with them thus far.
Nogood "the ship is adrift in the Thames but we have a good man at the helm, isit" Boyo