more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE: FULHAM STAR REJECTS NEW CONTRACT OFFER

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 23, 2016, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

EXCLUSIVE: FULHAM STAR REJECTS NEW CONTRACT OFFER

By Editor Wayne Veysey | Former Evening Standard, Press Association and Goal chief correspondent with 17 years experience of breaking big stories, including exclusives like this

Ross McCormack has rejected a new Fulham contract offer, Football Insider sources understand.

The club's prize asset was offered improved terms in late January just days after the west Londoners rejected his transfer request.

But the latest Fulham news is that McCormack has turned down the deal and a Craven Cottage source has told Football Insider that the club are now likely to cash in on him in the summer.

Fulham rejected two bids from Middlesbrough for the forward in January, the second of which amounted to £10million.

The Championship strugglers refused to allow their 18-goal top scorer to leave after being slapped with a transfer embargo that meant they could only sign players on loan.

McCormack signed a new Fulham contract only last summer that runs until the summer of 2019 but was offered a more lucrative agreement to replace it.

The west Londoners have climbed to 18th in the table after winning two of their last three matches, with a young team reliant for goals from McCormack and 12-goal Moussa Dembele.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/mccormack-rejects-fulham-contract-offer/

alexmur

he us contracted till 2019 we should at least try and keep him for one more season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FPT

Well it's a good thing he's contracted for a fair while. I'm actually open to selling (which I've explained before). To replace his goal contribution (at least 20 scored a season with assists on top) you're probably looking at signing Andre Gray if Burnley don't go up. They're both tied on 18 goals scored in all competitions as well as 7 assists. And with Andre Gray you're probably looking at more of an outlay then Ross was unless there was some form of swap.

These things have a knack at sorting themselves out but it'll be a very interesting window. I think the best move for Ross McCormack (if he's to leave) is to a recently relegated side - maybe Aston Villa. I know he wants Premier League - and if he thinks he can get a move there where the Premier League sides what we'd want? Good luck, but I have a feeling you'd be staying at Fulham!

It could all just be a ploy to improve his bank account, or he doesn't want to be here any more. Either way - I don't think he'll go anywhere unless we are suitably financed.

F(f)CUK

Whilst I want him to stay, if a player wants to leave then it is probably best to let them go.  Ross may be acting professionally but he clearly sees leaving as his best and possibly last opportunity to play in the premiership.  The contract until 2019 just means that we are in a good bargaining position.

f321ffc

He has 3 years on his contract, yet again we need a big squad overhaul this summer Jokanovic will be ruthless in his clearout and if Ross wants out then take the £7 or 8 mill and spend it wisely. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Bad news. If Ross wants to leave to better himself and we can pull in a reasonable fee then it is likely he will leave.
The hard fact is that when a top player leaves us we do not replace them with a player of equivalent ability but rather with a bargain basement purchase that fails us.

Riverside

My main concern is that he focuses on showing himself off to potential bidders for the rest of the season .

Then it will be interesting to see how this plays out in close season .

As he has such a long current contract we are in a good bargaining position .

We could play hardball and keep him or use the cash collected to help build Jokanavic's team for next season . So long as Jokanavic is making the decisions I prefer the latter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peabody

Just a reminder that the author of this article does not have a very good track record

gerrys

Curious, current contract runs to 2019 and in August 2019 he will hit 33....not a spring - chicken for a forward

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

I would tell him he is staying for next season to assist in our push for promotion. If by Jan 2017 we don´t look like making it I would sell him. His contract would still be long enough for us to get a decent fee.
Where there's a will there's a wife

J

Even if true it's not really any indication of anything, we don't need to give him a new deal at this point, just means we save some money in the short term

Chesh

Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2016, 05:35:54 PM
Just a reminder that the author of this article does not have a very good track record
To be fair, he called the Stuart Gray appointment, and at the time was quite clear that he would be a senior coach, with another head coach coming in.

Some say he is Mike Riggs unofficial mouthpiece.

:022:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Chesh

Can't see any reason for McCormack to sign a new contract now - if I was him, I'd wait for the summer, and either get a move to the Premier League, or potentially stay with a promotion challenging club (next season  :023:) and get an even better contract than would currently be on the table.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

All speculation, yes he was right about Gray however he has been wrong about a fair few other things as well.

Personally I don't care if he signs a new deal or not he has 3 years on his current deal, and if he does want out then his performances from her eon in will only increase that value, that's not saying I want him to leave as I don't.
Every day is a Fulham day

Baszab

He is a fairly disruptive character in the dressing room so if he wants to go - we should flog him

In that interview after QPR, he didn't enthuse any feelings for FFC, rather than he stated clearly that he is a pro and would do his best for whoever pays his wages....not very encouraging really

Mince n Tatties

Don't believe a word of it...Hilda the tea lady
has already stated he loves Fulham..

Ordar

As many have said, he still has a long contract. I personally would not sell him to a Championship team. Its unnecessary for us to strengthen one of our rivals that significantly. His goals and assists would be a massive loss.

I'm sure his mood will perk up when we're unbeaten and top of the division in September....

bill taylors apprentice

This is a subject that could be viewed from many different angles and still be wrong but for once the club seems to be in a strong position.

OK! We know the player generally gets what he wants, be it a move or an improved contract but with 3 years on the present deal which is an ace card for the club but the precedent set this January refusing to sell may be more important.