News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Im not convinced that was a "worldy"........

Started by colinwhite, February 24, 2016, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Quote from: davew on February 24, 2016, 11:05:18 PM
No blame to the keeper, how many great saves has he made for us this season, I have seen plenty! This topic is bad as some of the ones I have started in the past, at least mine were constructive (lol).

Sure, he has made plenty of good saves, but have any of them been against long range shots?
I don't recall any, all the stand out ones I can think of were close range / 1 on 1 - Not knocking that aspect of his game, those reaction saves are his biggest asset, but they are a different skill

MJG

Quote from: Artful Dodger on February 24, 2016, 09:28:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 24, 2016, 09:19:18 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on February 24, 2016, 08:09:22 PM
Personally I blame Jokanavic. The problem was that Madl and Fredericks didn't know who was supposed to mark the guy in the traditional left winger position in the 3-5-2 formation we had in the 1st half. 4or 5 times already that half either both of them had ended up mrking the same guy or neither. On this occasion, they both went and left a massive gap for the guy to stroll in to at which point he pulled the trigger. Even then, I thought, fair enough, you can shoot from there.....before....oh fiddlesticks, it's going in!!

Anyway, SJ should have had the courage to go back to 4-4-2 after we scored as it was only a matter of time before they got something down that wing. If I could see it, he should have done. After that, there was nothing Lonergan could have done.

We better sack him then.. :023:
I'm not saying sack him!!  We seem to have turned the corner and he has shown he can make changes during a game and did go 4-4-2 after 50 minutes....he just should have done it here earlier. It had already happened several times in the 1st half hour where Madl and Fredericks were doing lots of pointing but not much marking and it led to the guy having the space to at least have the shot.
he didn't go 442 when the subs came on he kept it at 3412

Wimbledon_White

Fact is, if one of our midfielders scored that goal we'd be calling it a worldy for sure.

Great goal; fair play to the lad.

Incidentally apologies to anyone that took offence to any of my previous comments on this thread. No offence was intended.

Fulham1959

He should have saved it with his feet  -  keepers tend to use their feet more than their hands, these days !

terryr

NogoodBoyo

First thing's first: the difference in the quality of our performances over the last couple of weeks (deliberately forgetting Blackburn) is quite astonishing.  We are light years ahead of where we were in terms of discipline, organisation and creativity (could still improve there).
With regard to the OP, after viewing the 90 minutes on the Offal, I didn't think the goal was as good as I had been lead to believe.  However, it was a very, very good goal. 
I don't think Lonners had any culpability.  O'Hara (No. 23), however did seem to lack some urgency in closing him down when Cook first made his move towards goal. 
Still, it's part of the game, it's history and I'm sure Jokanovic will have made his own judgments and taken his own actions.  That's all I could ask for and all I expect.  And what I now see in this club is so refreshingly different to what I've seen over the last three or four years.
Nogood "hope springs eternal, isit" Boyo