watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luis Boa Morte says Fulham were wrong to sack Kit Symons

Started by Wimbledon_White, February 26, 2016, 12:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-boa-morte-says-fulham-10953684

Probably not the opinion of the majority of our fans on here.

I still think it is a crying shame that we have thrown a Fulham man on the scrap heap.

Anyway, happy with Jokanovic now so onwards and upwards. An interesting article and opinion from Boa all the same.

ToodlesMcToot

It was the club's fault for allowing him to be more than a caretaker at the time. He had zero experience above U21's.

The success of his first several games in charge, in hindsight likely far more to do with relief than managerial prowess, flattered to deceive everyone apparently.

If Fulham wanted him to be their manager, they should have done what they do with every inexperienced lad in the system ..... let him go prove himself in the lower leagues. I know you can't loan out managers but he could have gotten what he needed and, assuming the appropriate level of success, could have been brought back some time in the future.

I say all of this, having wished him to be our manager when the decision was made.

It just happened too quickly for him.

And we did not "throw him on the scrap heap". He didn't perform well enough. Nothing more and nothing less.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Oakeshott

It is arguable that we might have had more points now if Kit had stayed, as the period of uncertainty did us no favours. But the real question is does anyone truly believe that our prospects for next season would be better if we still had Kit and were keeping him for next season? Whatever one's feelings are about Kit, it is surely as clear as one's nose on one's face that J is far better at setting up a team and adjusting things as a game unfolds.

Chutney

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 26, 2016, 02:14:48 PM
It is arguable that we might have had more points now if Kit had stayed, as the period of uncertainty did us no favours. But the real question is does anyone truly believe that our prospects for next season would be better if we still had Kit and were keeping him for next season? Whatever one's feelings are about Kit, it is surely as clear as one's nose on one's face that J is far better at setting up a team and adjusting things as a game unfolds.

He's also been a manager much longer, there's no saying how good Kit will be in 10 years time...

But yes, currently Jokanovic is the better manager for sure.
C O Y W

Horsfield_No9

I say we were right BUT if only Slav had come in 6/7 games earlier....
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on February 26, 2016, 02:38:36 PM
I say we were right BUT if only Slav had come in 6/7 games earlier....

I'd say we did what we could do as far as getting Jokanovic in. I tend to believe the argument that we really couldn't begin negotiating with Maccabi until they were out of CL.

It does seem like we had other options on our list and that we tried to get other options in earlier.

Having said that, there should have been no good reason to go, basically rudderless, over those 6/7 games.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

synopsis of ^^^^ ... what the hell does Boa know about Fulham or football?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel