News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People think we are improving, really???

Started by davew, February 06, 2016, 07:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Tonight's was a poor performance for sure, but the previous 3 all showed signs of improvement, to say there wasn't is silly. I am gutted tonight definitely, but am hopeful its a one off, and also hopeful we will win against Charlton on Saturday.
Every day is a Fulham day

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 16, 2016, 09:52:19 PM
Tonight's was a poor performance for sure, but the previous 3 all showed signs of improvement, to say there wasn't is silly. I am gutted tonight definitely, but am hopeful its a one off, and also hopeful we will win against Charlton on Saturday.
If we don't win Saturday, I will post this same topic 100 times on here until everybody agrees with me. We will win Saturday, won't we?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

Quote from: westcliff white on February 16, 2016, 09:52:19 PM

I guess for me the issue is that perhaps the last three performances have shown signs of improvement (I won't agree or disagree), but when were at the level we were prior to the previous three games, and for a while before that for that matter, signs of improvement doesn't do anything for us. A MASSIVE improvement might, just might, keep us from dropping again this season, but the improvement chart is running at the rate of the UK inflation at the moment, and it's derisory (as inflation goes).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

westcliff white

Dave I never will agree with you as I find all your posts to be too negative for me, sorry mate just how I feel, all entitled to our opinions but sometimes for me you bring a lot of good forum posts down.

SW6

Quote from: davew on February 16, 2016, 09:49:00 PM
So back to this topic for an update from the people who posted all the positive comments a little while back, your feelings now after hopes being raised at the weekend beating a team worse than ourselves and then a back to reality situation tonight! Please don't tell me our fate lies with the manager and he needs more time, what he needs are almost a whole new squad!

Calm down dear.

Your short-termism is incredible.

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 16, 2016, 09:59:34 PM
Dave I never will agree with you as I find all your posts to be too negative for me, sorry mate just how I feel, all entitled to our opinions but sometimes for me you bring a lot of good forum posts down.
Not a problem, I have the same opinion about the team with their performances! As they improve so will my positivity in what our club might achieve again, until then I remain as I am......realistic!

davew

Quote from: SW6 on February 16, 2016, 10:01:35 PM
So back to this topic for an update from the people who posted all the positive comments a little while back, your feelings now after hopes being raised at the weekend beating a team worse than ourselves and then a back to reality situation tonight! Please don't tell me our fate lies with the manager and he needs more time, what he needs are almost a whole new squad!

Calm down dear.

So are your number of posts, welcome to the forum (only joking)!

Hoppus

Quote from: SW6 on February 16, 2016, 10:01:35 PM

Calm down dear.

Sgt Fulham

You really seem to relish in our defeats. While today was dreadful, as a Fulham fan you almost seem surprised about it.

ToodlesMcToot

I'll give you something that has improved.

At least Jokanovic can look at something, see it for what it is and try changing it instead of waiting for evolution to occur. Unfortunately, he only has three opportunities per match. He could have had 11 this match and I doubt it would have mattered.

These players just didn't show up - plain and simple.

It's matches like this that make me wish Magath was still around <----punishment.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

davew

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 16, 2016, 10:13:20 PM
I'll give you something that has improved.

At least Jokanovic can look at something, see it for what it is and try changing it instead of waiting for evolution to occur. Unfortunately, he only has three opportunities per match. He could have had 11 this match and I doubt it would have mattered.

These players just didn't show up - plain and simple.

It's matches like this that make me wish Magath was still around <----punishment.

Surely not, that would be best described as sadism!

GrahamG

No. We are not improving. I allowed myself to be optimistic about our match today. More fool me!

davew

Quote from: GrahamG on February 16, 2016, 10:58:33 PM
No. We are not improving. I allowed myself to be optimistic about our match today. More fool me!
Yes and more fool you and many others! Unfortunately no cure has been found yet to our foolishness!

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2016, 11:06:20 AM
Another update with ten league games gone, for what it's worth

Pts/game under Symons
... 20/16 ... 1.25 pts (but 1.4 exc. last two games before sack)

Pts/game under Jokanovic
... 9/10 ... 0.9 pts (but 1.3 in last 6 games)

Goals conceded/game under Symons
... 28/16 ... 1.75 goals (1.4 exc. last two games) 

Goals conceded/game under Jokanovic
... 14/10 ... 1.4 goals (1.3 in last 6)
Sorry but if you are going to exclude two of the losses under kit and show that data then for fairness you should show the stats for SJ without two losses.

colinwhite

Dont read a lot into these stats . kit had all summer to work  with and choose his players in a positive `feel good`atmoshere. Jokanovic took over a team shattered in confidence that had not had a proper manager for 5/6 weeks .
Slightly different circumstances which these stats take no regard of . If we want to compare the 2 lets see where we are in November under under Joka at the same point where Kit got sacked . Then I can see a comparison that is valid.

Wimbledon_White

What purpose does comparing Kit and Slav's results really serve?

I think we all need to put the Kit stuff to bed; I didn't want him sacked but we have to move on.

Lighthouse

Why do people think that our new manager took over a team shattered in confidence? Not sure the results or the displays pointed to that. Sadly I think a new manager at the time of the season Joka came in had to start from the very beginning. It takes time to look at a squad and try new things which is why we show the same inconsistency we have always done.

It is interesting to see the results under the different managers. Not sure what conclusions we can come to. Other to say (I may have mentioned it before) the club were wrong in the timing of the change. I believe they really thought that we were under performing. Well we weren't and that is the problem. The players just sometimes look confused. But after yet another change I am not surprised.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2016, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 28, 2016, 11:28:44 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2016, 11:06:20 AM
Another update with ten league games gone, for what it's worth

Pts/game under Symons
... 20/16 ... 1.25 pts (but 1.4 exc. last two games before sack)

Pts/game under Jokanovic
... 9/10 ... 0.9 pts (but 1.3 in last 6 games)

Goals conceded/game under Symons
... 28/16 ... 1.75 goals (1.4 exc. last two games) 

Goals conceded/game under Jokanovic
... 14/10 ... 1.4 goals (1.3 in last 6)
Sorry but if you are going to exclude two of the losses under kit and show that data then for fairness you should show the stats for SJ without two losses.

The last 6 figures exclude Joka's first 4 games (that's 3 losses and a draw) so I actually think it's more than fair

Symon's last two we conceded 8 goals so they massively skew the stats. Not fair to judge him on that
For me you cannot exclude things if doing a comparison as it will get skewed. You need to make the comparison believable.

colinwhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 28, 2016, 02:15:04 PM
Why do people think that our new manager took over a team shattered in confidence? Not sure the results or the displays pointed to that. Sadly I think a new manager at the time of the season Joka came in had to start from the very beginning. It takes time to look at a squad and try new things which is why we show the same inconsistency we have always done.

It is interesting to see the results under the different managers. Not sure what conclusions we can come to. Other to say (I may have mentioned it before) the club were wrong in the timing of the change. I believe they really thought that we were under performing. Well we weren't and that is the problem. The players just sometimes look confused. But after yet another change I am not surprised.
Agree with Lighthouse . The timing of the change was not good . Kit should have been changed in the summer or we should have been happy with what he had achieved as it was obvious to one and all that it wasnt going to get much better than had already been shown.(As far as kit was concerned ).