watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players to buy for next season

Started by declanover, February 28, 2016, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Matej Vydra? Only scored 2 league goals (6 cup) with Reading this year but he was class at Watford and under Slavi so I think Slavisa can get the best out of him. Would be perfect alongside Mccormack and as a Dembele replacement.
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Josh Murphy who played/scored for MKD yesterday.
I think he's on loan from Norwich, so unlikely buy, but could be a season long loan.
Also Chris Burke, Warren Feeney, poss available on free's and Grant Handley who would likely cost a bit, but should be worth it.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 03, 2016, 06:43:31 PM
Josh Murphy who played/scored for MKD yesterday.
I think he's on loan from Norwich, so unlikely buy, but could be a season long loan.
Also Chris Burke, Warren Feeney, poss available on free's and Grant Handley who would likely cost a bit, but should be worth it.

Warren Feeney available on a free? Isn't he the manager at Newport?

St Eve

The problem is how to attract players to a struggling championship team. How much can we spend in transfer fees and how much in wages? What will the absentee owner commit to? Our "rebuilding" the past couple of years has been awful. Who is responsible? Tha managers that we have let go or Mac and Riggs? If the former then let's hops SJ get's it right. If the latter then nothing changes.

BestOfBrede

Sensible posts and then "absent owner", comment!
090.gif

Mince n Tatties

As stated on Talksport were after Jason Cummings of
Hibernian.And Hilda the tea lady has text me to say
she see in a paper we want Michael Hector of Reading.

davew

I think we should stick with the squad we have, they apparently work so hard mid week in practice and for at least a year now it has been work in progress, even work in progress becomes a finished article 1 day! If we are too good enough to go down this season we can only be that much better next season, or am I missing something (Polite answers only please)?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jims Dentist

Thanks for that Aaron.

I was thinking of Liam Feeney, currently on loan at Ipswich.

HillFace

Quote from: AnEssexFan on April 07, 2016, 09:28:34 PM
Kevin Macdonald from wolves for £1m?

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/04/07/rangers-link-as-kevin-mcdonald-trains-with-wolves-kids/

Would snap him up without question, anything to up the Scottish contingent in the squad...

Could be an ideal replacement for O'Hara as well if we decide not to keep him. Good passing range. Decent strike. Typical Scottish work rate. Weren't we linked with him this summer?
The above may be nonsense

@jolslover

Would love Kevin Mcdonald, was great at Cottage this year.
STH H3

FPT

McDonald has signed a new deal since our link in the summer window with bids from our alleged to be up to £1.5m. I'd have him, and I think he could fill the void of a Scott Parker whilst also replacing that style of Jamie O'Hara.

On a separate note, it'll be interesting to see how we use the players like Ben Pringle and Matt Smith in this window, they could be nice options for part exchange deals to help us bring the costs of a target down.

jimmyc19

Quote from: @jolslover on February 28, 2016, 07:33:17 PM
Huddlestone looks like he could be a good free signing. We will be light on CMs with Parker/O'Hara/Hyndman leaving. Another one to look at is Guediora from Watford, Was a key part of Jokas champ winning season but has only played 40 mins for Boro in the prem.

Kevin Mcdonald is also available on a free, (We were after him in the summer). That would be a great signing

Fabio would make a great LWB, hes available on a free. LWB is needed with Garbutt going back to Everton

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson would also be good if Charlton went down. Most assists in the league

I also think we need a CB, Angella currently on loan at QPR started every game at Watford under Joka. He could be available, same with Tommie Hoban. Turner could be a potentially good signing. Curtis Davies on a free?. Adrian Mariappa would be a good signing

Gudmundsson would be a quality signing and is definitely someone we should be looking at, especially if Charlton go down.

HillFace

What do you reckon the tactics should be for signings? Last year we made a strange attempt to sign all the players of the season from their respective teams and, well, that hasn't worked to expectations. Do we reckon we'll try and cherry pick from the Championship or leagues below? Or try and nick loans and bargains from above? Was Joka part of the Watford side that was essentially Udinese's B team? Or had that period passed with Zola?
The above may be nonsense

@jolslover

Quote from: HillFace on April 07, 2016, 10:59:26 PM
What do you reckon the tactics should be for signings? Last year we made a strange attempt to sign all the players of the season from their respective teams and, well, that hasn't worked to expectations. Do we reckon we'll try and cherry pick from the Championship or leagues below? Or try and nick loans and bargains from above? Was Joka part of the Watford side that was essentially Udinese's B team? Or had that period passed with Zola?

Yh, Jokanovic had a squad packed with foreign talent and Italians (a lot from Udinese) because Watfords owner also owns Udinese. Hopefully Joka can use some of his contacts to bring us in some foreigners (Much cheaper than english talent, and for the most part better).We should look to be buying a mix of TALENTED championship players, Some drop downs from the prem, and some foreigners. I suspect we will see a few stats based signings come in, and possibly some ex Watford players Joka is used to working with (Ie Paredes, Angella, Hoban, Guedioura, Tozser, Vydra, Pudil, Connolly and Anya)
STH H3

Riversider

I'd go to Boro to sign two players, James Husband and Albert Adomah (A Londoner that wants to return)
The rest I would leave to Joca as he knows a bloody darn sight more than I do, but those two would be a great start.

@jolslover

Quote from: Riversider on April 08, 2016, 12:45:54 AM
I'd go to Boro to sign two players, James Husband and Albert Adomah (A Londoner that wants to return)
The rest I would leave to Joca as he knows a bloody darn sight more than I do, but those two would be a great start.

Agree, agree. Both would be good signings and both in positions that we need! However Adomah has played basically every game for Boro since Jan, so Dont think that is realistic.

I would say were looking at an LB,CB, 2 wingers, Striker and 2 CMS to come in and were done. (That is assuming we dont give new contracts to O'Hara and Parker). Exciting times, the transfer window is what I live for.

STH H3

EJL

Quote from: @jolslover on April 03, 2016, 02:00:21 PM
Matej Vydra? Only scored 2 league goals (6 cup) with Reading this year but he was class at Watford and under Slavi so I think Slavisa can get the best out of him. Would be perfect alongside Mccormack and as a Dembele replacement.
Think many of Reading's more mercurial players have suffered with the change of manager. Not trying to absolve Vydra of responsibility for what is, after all, *his* goal return, but I think it's played a big part.