watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How can you ship 61 goals in 36 games

Started by YoungsBitter, March 08, 2016, 10:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

My son was asking me this question and I think after 3 managers, this year alone the answer is not that simply the defense is terrible. Its a couple of issues, individual mistakes for sure but the goal tally is too high for that and the defenders are not that bad for it to be just that the defenders are crap and make mistakes.
Here is my view of the other key drivers:
1, the keeper is dodgy - we have conceded lots of long range 'worldies' and Lonergan never gets even close to penalities, he never leaves his line at corners and in no way dominates the box. He makes great shot stops when someone runs thro on goal but that is it.
2, the midfield does not give enough coverage consistently - see the long shot count and there is not enough situations where we have 8 men covering, just back 3 plus 2 or back 4 plus 1 is quite common....and that is why we give soft goals at the far post and give dumb fouls away when someone breaks through. Maybe this is the fault of the 3-5-2 but when you compare us to the top teams like Boro, Burnley, Hull they have a tight back 8 and the top one or two also close down. 
Quark, strangeness and charm

Mince n Tatties

Because we got the Worst defence in the entire
history of football  (well you know what I mean)
Dagenham Girl  Pipers Under 12s  would score against
them..

18stepsup

Apprentice to the Maestro

jarv

My guess is we have a very poor second division team. Too many players just not good enough for this division. Division 3? Oh dear.  Will it be the end of an era or will the owner take a MAF attitude and start over with a poor team and do what it takes to get them back.???

Domino1879

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 08, 2016, 11:05:50 PM
Burnley conceded two tonight.

Unfortunately due to our porous defender - another corner fiasco - we have to score 4 to win.  It would have been nice to have taken that chance just before half time but we didn't. Simply not clinical enough.  We don't defend from the front. Burnleys strikers were chasing us down all match.