watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, March 08, 2016, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well, my hope was well and truly shattered and I will say it, by one man, the ref. Please can anyone on here please tell me and all the people round me and on my the tube going home, what the penalty was for. One person has said it was for a trip on Joey Barton, who should not have been on the pitch after his numerous fouls in the first half. We were unlucky and really should have seen it up in the first half. Oh and one last thing, like Middlesborough, going on with onights performance, Burnley will nev r survive in the Premiership.

18stepsup

jarv

Gent Jim was going nuts about the ref....Sean Davis too.

GrahamG

I don't hear any complaints from our Head Coach.

nose

isaw a replay in the press box just in front of me... if there was an infringment it was a foul to us.
more than that the ref had played an advantage, if the shot would have d=gone in he would have given a goal.... it's either a foul or an advantage it can't be both

the ref was dreadful.

GrahamG

It seems a bit silly to say Middlesbrough, Burnley, et al aren't good enough to survive in the Premier (true as that may prove to be) because they are certainly good enough to beat us.

Domino1879

One of the worst refereeing displays I have seen in a long time.  The man should have stamped his authority on the game early doors but did not show a card till half way through second half. Barton should have been booked twice including a cynical challenge on Parker.  Very poor.

Peabody

Quote from: GrahamG on March 08, 2016, 11:21:26 PM
I don't hear any complaints from our Head Coach.
N
Because he, like me and every football fan knows that very rarely, though we did see it at the Cottage when Arsenal persuaded Halsey that it wasn't a pen but very rarely does the ref change his mind. However, that does not prevent us from discussing the issue... Does it?

Skatzoffc

The ref decided Burnley should win.
And wow.
What are the chances, they did.

Great performance from us. Deserved better.

'Nuf said.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

millsy

Usual poor refereeing that we've seen most weeks in this league but we played well, out passed them, out shot them, won tackles, won aerial duels, scored two goals. The ref favoured them, both with the penalty award and his leniency towards their fouls to halt play throughout the match but in the end it was our many missed chances that cost us the points.

RaySmith

Refs seem to be  terrible in this division.

FFCAli

One of the craziest things was when we got a free kick and the ref marked the shaving cream line for the defenders to stand behind....they stood firmly in front, the ref went over to them, looked at them and the line, then walked away and signalled to Ross to take the kick.  No authority at all.

westcliff white

it was a soft pen (was on Boyd though not Darton) for definite, as for playing advantage i think they can do so and then pull back if none is gained, or something like that, I do not get all the rules these days.

As for Barton he was after Parker all night and the ref was as soft as they come on the tackles, he knew when they were behind if we get Parker we can get back in the game.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: FFCAli on March 09, 2016, 08:49:37 AM
One of the craziest things was when we got a free kick and the ref marked the shaving cream line for the defenders to stand behind....they stood firmly in front, the ref went over to them, looked at them and the line, then walked away and signalled to Ross to take the kick.  No authority at all.
to be fair I saw why they did that as we moved the ball back away from our shaving foam. I would have done the same if the defenders.

filham

Quote from: Skatzoffc on March 09, 2016, 12:25:10 AM
And wow.

'Nuf said.
Coyw!

No that remark is out of order. To say that the ref made mistakes in one teams favour is one thing but to suggest that a ref. showed deliberate bias is not acceptable.

Kent Cassandra

Filham why is suggesting that not acceptable?
I suggested Blatter was corrupt, was that no0t acceptable?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Bill2

Quote from: filham on March 09, 2016, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on March 09, 2016, 12:25:10 AM
And wow.

'Nuf said.
Coyw!

No that remark is out of order. To say that the ref made mistakes in one teams favour is one thing but to suggest that a ref. showed deliberate bias is not acceptable.
I agree that the ref did not favour one team it is just the fact that he was useless and Burnley took full advantage of it with professional fouls and targeting Scotty P.

Burt

The ref was not great.

We didn't deserve to lose.

As ever, we conceded soft, preventable goals.

That miss just before half-time was decisive.

Its a big game on Saturday....