watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 2 Ref 3

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, March 08, 2016, 10:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

I think I have witnessed the worst referee performance in a seriously long time at the Cottage as I seriously believe the ref was bribed. How on earth he was able to give that penalty when you could barely see what on earth happened? He then went on to miss some seriously poor challenges; most notably the late challenge on Parker on the half way line which not even the linesman saw which is a disgrace or the dangerous jump by Mee on top of Dembele. Then to make it worse he misses what was probably a hand ball by Mee according to the match report in the box. Then somehow Barton escaped a booking despite some awfully late challenges on Parker. Then he didn't care about the time wasting. Waving your hand at a player doesn't get them to speed up! It took him almost 10 waves of his hand to finally bring his card out. And finally how on earth did he give that corner to Burnley when two Burnley players ran and kicked the ball with no Fulham players within 3 yards of them. Sorry about this rant but I don't feel that I have ever been more frustrated at a ref's performance in years at the Cottage. We deserved the win today and the ref was the biggest factor that we didn't get at least a point. When will these shocking decisions ever end?

18stepsup

Sloppy defending far post header def pen and backing off all avoidable

nose

i thought the ref dreadful

H4usuallysitting

Ref was terrible....they kept wasting time, and he got suckered in every time........ We were so unlucky, should of been 3-1 at half time

leonffc

The referee made some awful decisions but he didn't stand by and let their midfield have a free header, he didn't stand by whilst they picked up the soft second ball and let them have a free shot on goal. That third goal was utterly embarrassing!
As for the pen, I saw the player trip but it could have been over his own foot, I don't know. Everyone said it wasn't a pen and the referee put his whistle to his mouth three times before blowing. Whether that's good refereeing in allowing time to think or blatant indecision I don't know?!?!

Wolf

Referee was appalling - the corner the OP refers to was an outrage. Kept his cards in his pockets far too long. Even allowed Burnley to take the psis at the freekick where he sprayed a 10-yard line and two players encroached the entirety of their feet over it.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

davew

Whilst sympathetic with our cause and disappointed with our defeat, there always seem to be excuses why we keep losing! Maybe we should all accept the obvious which is that we are 1 of the worst teams in the league!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

Quote from: davew on March 09, 2016, 10:31:03 AM
Whilst sympathetic with our cause and disappointed with our defeat, there always seem to be excuses why we keep losing! Maybe we should all accept the obvious which is that we are 1 of the worst teams in the league!

the two things are not mutually exclusive. I suspect with a proper and fit for purpose referee we would actually not have lost the game. I am led to believe that the ref in Burnly's wimn against blackburn was also very suspiciously poor...
There were too many incidents that were allowed to be able to say he was not a factor. I site just the free kick with their two players well in front of the line he drew, he talked to them and they didn't move, ... no booking, how does that work?
Further, the penalty, which i did not agree with, but he had played an advantage and allowed the shot, if it weould have gone in, he would have allowed the goal... once advantage is played, that's it, you can't go back, this is not rugby or hockey. That's just two examples I can site many individual issues and Boyd for sure should have been sent off, barton booked, there no 6 booked for a lunge on parker.... and so on.

We are poor and it is vital we do not have to take on the ref as well. Most weeks there are odd descisions we may not agree with but this bloke clearly favoured the away team. Barton was talking to the ref all through the game, when in the second hal;f moose was climbed all over, a booking against the defender in any game I have ever seen, barton spoke to the ref and  nothing awarded, not even a foul!

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on March 09, 2016, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: davew on March 09, 2016, 10:31:03 AM

the two things are not mutually exclusive. I suspect with a proper and fit for purpose referee we would actually not have lost the game. I am led to believe that the ref in Burnly's wimn against blackburn was also very suspiciously poor...
There were too many incidents that were allowed to be able to say he was not a factor. I site just the free kick with their two players well in front of the line he drew, he talked to them and they didn't move, ... no booking, how does that work?
Further, the penalty, which i did not agree with, but he had played an advantage and allowed the shot, if it weould have gone in, he would have allowed the goal... once advantage is played, that's it, you can't go back, this is not rugby or hockey. That's just two examples I can site many individual issues and Boyd for sure should have been sent off, barton booked, there no 6 booked for a lunge on parker.... and so on.

We are poor and it is vital we do not have to take on the ref as well. Most weeks there are odd descisions we may not agree with but this bloke clearly favoured the away team. Barton was talking to the ref all through the game, when in the second hal;f moose was climbed all over, a booking against the defender in any game I have ever seen, barton spoke to the ref and  nothing awarded, not even a foul!
0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on March 09, 2016, 06:26:04 AM
The referee made some awful decisions but he didn't stand by and let their midfield have a free header, he didn't stand by whilst they picked up the soft second ball and let them have a free shot on goal. That third goal was utterly embarrassing!
As for the pen, I saw the player trip but it could have been over his own foot, I don't know. Everyone said it wasn't a pen and the referee put his whistle to his mouth three times before blowing. Whether that's good refereeing in allowing time to think or blatant indecision I don't know?!?!

The OP is not citing the ref as to blame for the defeat but saying that he was very poor verging on the fact that he had been "got at" allegedly, this contributed to the loss but was not the whole reason.

Barry White

The ref was indeed the worst I've ever seen but we beat ourselves tonight, absolute shambles at the back and if you defend like that you can't win.

Allestree andy

I am a qualified ref and have been for over 25 years, and it was the worst performance i seen in a long time,why did he not consult his linsman on the far side (jonny haynes stand), as he seemed to have a perfect view of the incident, as for the penalty, had i given that on either a saturday or sunday, i would of been ashamed, his decision making was all over the place, how he managed to give burnley a corner in the last few minutes whan NO fulham player was near the ball,i am still trying to work it  out. We played very well and the ref gave them a way back by awarding that dubious penalty. 
To the limit and beyond