more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (12/03/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 12, 2016, 07:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bristol City Factfile

With both sides on 37 points in the Sky Bet Championship, Saturday's fixture between Fulham and Bristol City is one of huge importance as we enter the final stages of the season.

The opposition

Prior to the arrival of Lee Johnson at the helm, Bristol City found themselves languishing in the Championship's relegation zone. But on the day he was appointed in early February, he watched as his side beat Charlton Athletic at The Valley, before guiding them to further victories against Ipswich Town and Milton Keynes Dons.

They were brought back down to earth with a bump as Brighton & Hove Albion left Ashton Gate with a 4-0 win, but a 2-1 triumph at Nottingham Forest next time out demonstrated their character.

They do, though, go into Saturday's game having lost their previous two matches; 2-0 at home to Cardiff City and a late 2-1 defeat at Molineux against Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek.

Team news

Korey Smith has been absent since the Brighton defeat but he's recently come out of his protective boot and will be assessed. Defender Luke Ayling is also a doubt. Striker Peter Odemwingie could make his debut after joining on loan from Stoke City.

Tickets

Tickets are still available for supporters to buy, priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors. Prices increase by £5 on matchday.

Weather

Rain is unlikely in Fulham throughout Saturday, and temperatures will be around eight degrees come kick-off.

Coral match odds

Fulham: 5/4

Draw: 12/5

Bristol City: 11/5

(Odds subject to change)

Last time we met

Arguably Fulham's best 45 minutes of the season saw them tear the Robins apart at Ashton Gate in late October as we racked up a four-goal lead, although they did grab a consolation in second-half stoppage time. Two poacher's finishes from Moussa Dembélé put the Whites in control before Ross McCormack added a third with a powerful long-range free-kick. Ryan Tunnicliffe then executed a composed lob at the end of a fine passing move to make it 4-0 at the break. The second period was a quieter affair, although Jonathan Kodjia did take some gloss off the result when a shot deflected into his path and he stabbed it in.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/11/bristol-city-factfile?

WhiteJC

Johnson expects fast and furious affair

Head coach wary of attack-minded Fulham.
Lee Johnson expects a fast and furious affair when City face Fulham at Craven Cottage tomorrow (3pm).

The two teams are separated only by goal difference in the Sky Bet Championship table – both two points clear of the relegation zone.

Johnson spoke of City's need to be more ruthless in the final third, whereas the Cottagers have only been outscored by leaders Burnley in league action this season.

"I think it will be one of high tempo," the head coach told Bristol City Player HD, when quizzed on what to expect from the game.

"They (Fulham) have got a lot of attacking threat in their team, but defensively there are weaknesses in their group.

"We've got to make sure we are strong defensively and we go at them as we always try to do.

"I thought against Wolves we dominated the game but we just didn't have enough clear-cut chances.

"We're hoping to dominate the game at Fulham, but also have the chances to score."

Johnson believes City's players must make better decisions in possession if they are to punish the opposition more often in front of goal.

"Good players make good decisions," he said. "Sometimes it's the right time to pass, sometimes it's the right time to dribble.

"The final third is the time to be really bold and dangerous. In the defensive third you've got to be safe and secure, and in the middle third you've got to make sure you move the ball quickly – particularly in this division because it's very helter-skelter and everyone is on top of each other.

"The ball moves faster than the man, so in the middle thirds it's about making sure we get the ball into the final third where people can have a go at people."

Korey Smith (ankle) remains a doubt for the match, which is sold out for City supporters barring a neutral section in the Putney End. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Fulham FC on 0843 208 1234 or online.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnson-expects-fast-and-furious-affair-3000071.aspx#whldXWWpZ2ul1kcd.99

WhiteJC

Fulham tickets – travel to Craven Cottage for just £10

Season Ticket holders and members can travel to Fulham for just £10 next month – cheer on the Dons at Craven Cottage!

Karl Robinson's men travel to southwest London on Saturday 2nd April to take on the Cottagers in an important Sky Bet Championship clash – kick-off is at 3pm.

The Club have subsidised travel for this fixture, meaning Season Ticket holders and members can book a space on the official away coaches for just £10. Travel for all other supporters is available for £13 adults and £12 seniors, disabled and under-18s.

Match tickets, meanwhile, are priced at £25 adults, £20 seniors/17-21 year-olds and £15 under-16s, if bought in advance from the Dons.

A decision has yet to be made by Fulham as to whether away tickets will be sold on the day but if they are, there will be a £5 increase across age categories with the exception of under-16s.

Full ticket details:
PRICES
Putney End Stand
Adults: £25
Disabled adults: £12.50 (price includes a FREE carer)
Wheelchair adult: £11.50 (price includes a FREE carer)

Seniors: £20
Disabled seniors: £10 (price includes a FREE carer)
Wheelchair seniors: £9 (price includes a FREE carer)

17-21 year-olds: £20
Disabled 17-21 year-olds: £10 (price includes a FREE carer)
Wheelchair 17-21 year-olds: £9 (price includes a FREE carer)

Under-16s: £15
Disabled under-16s: £7.50 (price includes a FREE carer)
Wheelchair under-16s: £6.50 (price includes a FREE carer)

TRAVEL
Season Ticket holders/members
Adults: £10
Seniors: £10
Disabled: £10
Under-18s: £10

Standard
Adults: £13
Seniors: £12
Disabled: £12
Under-18s: £12

Coaches will depart at 11.30am.

To book coach travel click here, visit the Box Office at stadiummk/kiosk at centre:mk or call 0333 200 5343. Spaces will be available to book right up until departure.

NOTES
Fulham will conduct concession checks on the turnstiles, therefore proof of age may be requested.

BUY
Tickets will be available from the centre:mk kiosk until 7pm on Thursday 31st March, while they will remain on sale both online and from the Box Office until 5pm on Friday 1st April.

A decision has yet to be made by Fulham as to whether away tickets will be sold on the day but if they are, there will be a £5 increase across age categories with the exception of under-16s.

To purchase tickets click here, visit the Box Office/centre:mk kiosk or call 0333 200 5343.

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/fulham-tickets-travel-to-craven-cottage-for-just-10-mk-dons-tickets-fulham-mk-dons-fulham-mk-dons-tickets-3000908.aspx#lelmssd6z5QdQjk3.99

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham away

Information on tomorrow's opponents.
FULHAM
In front of goal, Fulham have been in fine form this season but it's their leaky defence that has been the problem. The London club have conceded 61 goals in the Sky Bet Championship so far, the second most behind Charlton Athletic, which has seen them slip into a relegation battle. However, their goal difference is considerably better than those also in the fight for survival, largely down to goals from Ross McCormack (20) and Moussa Dembele (14). Fellow striker Calum Woodrow is back following injury as is goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, while midfielder Lasse Christensen (hamstring) remains sidelined.

HEAD COACH
Slaviša Jokanović - Serbian-born former Chelsea midfielder who was capped 64 times by FR Yugoslavia. The 47-year-old started his managerial career in 2007 with Partizan Belgrade and spent two years with the Serbian side, winning a league and cup double in 2008. After three years out of the game, Jokanović took over at Muangthong United and led the Thai club to its third Premier League title in history. He then took the post at Levski Sofia but was sacked after a poor run of results. Jokanović was appointed Hercules manager in May 2014 for the rest of the season in an attempt to keep the Spanish club in La Liga but he was unsuccessful and headed to England for a short spell with Watford. He won promotion to the Premier League with the Hornets but was replaced by Quique Sanchez Flores in the summer. The former Deportivo player spent six months with Maccabi Tel Aviv before taking over at Craven Cottage in December 2015.

STAR MAN
Ross McCormack - Signed from Leeds United for a Championship transfer record estimated at £11m. The 29-year-old started his career with Rangers and after two years with Motherwell, he moved to English leagues with Cardiff City. The Scotland international impressed for the Welsh club and was denied moves to the Premier League before signing for Leeds. He scored 58 times 154 appearances for the Yorkshire club leading to his big money sale to Fulham. The striker has 20 goals so far this season.

OFFICIALS
Philip Gibbs is appointed as the man in the middle. John Busby and Matt Eva will assist him, and Ian Cooper will be the fourth official.

TICKETS
The away end is sold out.

LAST TIME OUT
Bristol City 1-4 Fulham - Four first-half goals saw Fulham earn a comfortable win over City at Ashton Gate. Moussa Dembele converted from close range and double the Cottagers lead by finishing Tom Cairney's cross. Ross McCormack added a third with a stunning free kick before Ryan Tunnicliffe lobbed Frank Fielding on 36 minutes. City grabbed a consolation goal in stoppage time through Jonathan Kodjia but it was a day to forget for the hosts.

LAST SEASON
Sky Bet Championship: 17th
FA Cup: Fourth round replay (lost to Sunderland)
Capital One Cup: Fourth round (lost to Derby County)

DID YOU KNOW?
Fulham have never won a major trophy. They lost in the 1975 FA Cup final to West Ham United and the 2010 Europa League final to Atletico Madrid.

ODDS
Sky Bet price City at 11/5 while Fulham are available at 5/4. The draw is also priced at 23/10.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/preview-fulham-away-3000523.aspx#t2covEIs014RgvL6.99

WhiteJC

Keegan Programme Exclusive

Nearly 17 years after his departure from the Cottage, Kevin Keegan has given his first interview with Fulham in Saturday's official matchday programme.

In an extensive chat, Keegan recalls his eventful two-year spell in SW6, firstly as Chief Operating Officer, before he replaced Ray Wilkins in the dugout and led the Whites to promotion from Division Two in May 1999. Backed by Mohamed Al Fayed's financial clout, it was a season to remember...

"I'd kept well out of the way with Ray when he was boss," recalls Keegan. "I helped him when he asked me and tried to get him the players he wanted but I didn't interfere. I kept my distance from the team and didn't tread on his territory. I watched all the games, obviously, so I had opinions in my mind about players and what we needed; where we were strong and where we were lacking. I'd had a year at the Club and I wasn't going in cold. I took over just before the Play-Off game which we lost to Grimsby, but I knew the ability we had and I knew I'd have some money to strengthen. And I also had some ideas of who I'd like to go and sign.

"To be fair, we spent money. If we hadn't gone up, it would have been absolutely scandalous. We were buying international players and some really good young players for the future. Young players like Geoff Horsfield, then we got Haylesy [Barry Hayles], so we weren't spending £100,000, we were spending millions.

"I thoroughly enjoyed it at Fulham, it was a great club, and they were exciting times. It's different to any other club I've ever managed, it's not the biggest club but it's certainly one of the best."

To read the full interview with Keegan, get your hands on the award-winning matchday programme on Saturday.

Other highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović pens his programme notes
Captain Scott Parker issues a rallying cry ahead of the last 10 games of the season
Cover star Fernando Amorebieta insists nothing but a win will do against Bristol City
Alexander Kačaniklić answers some random questions in the Name Game
Mark Walton recalls his stint in SW6
Joe Royle discusses his three-year spell at Bristol City
Les Strong writes his latest column
And we continue to take a walk down memory lane to the 1998/99 promotion-winning season

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

Or to ensure you don't miss a single copy of the official matchday programme, purchase a subscription. Head here for full details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/11/keegan-programme-exclusive?

WhiteJC

Match Officials For Game At Fulham

The referee in charge of Bristol City's game at Fulham at the weekend is Phil Gibbs of the West Midlands.

The last time we saw Gibbs in charge of a City game was the 1-0 win over Oldham in November 2014.

There were three bookings in that game with City's Derrick Williams and Luke Freeman seeing yellow and for Oldham, defender James Williams went into the book.

This game is only the third Championship game that Gibbs has been in charge of this season, he has spent most of his weekends in League one or two. He has however taken charge of 17 games so far and has shown 52 yellow cards and two red.

Gibbs has yet to take charge of a game this season in which he has shown no cards.

Assisting Gibbs on Saturday will be John Busby and Eva Matt. Fourth official duties will be carried out by Ian Cooper.

Read more: http://www.bristolcity.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=438777#ixzz42frEd9aS

WhiteJC

Cauley Woodrow ready to return for Fulham against Bristol City

Fulham will have striker Cauley Woodrow available for the visit of Bristol City after his recovery from a broken foot.

Woodrow, who last featured in the FA Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on January 9, came through a run-out for the Under-21s against Arsenal in midweek.

Danish midfielder Lasse Christensen, though, is still a couple of weeks away from resuming training following a hamstring problem.

Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic also confirmed he faces a late decision on defender Chris Baird and midfielder Alex Kacaniklic, who are both carrying knocks.

Bristol City will have Peter Odemwingie available after the 34-year-old completed a loan move from Stoke on Friday.

Odemwingie will spend the rest of the season with Lee Johnson's side as they battle against relegation.

Korey Smith, who missed the last three games with an ankle injury, will be assessed after having his protective boot removed.

Loan signing Adam Matthews will start again after playing 70 minutes on his debut at Wolves in midweek, his first senior appearance since playing for Sunderland in a Capital One Cup tie at the end of August.

Kieran Agard or Aaron Wilbraham will be promoted from the bench if Johnson decides to play an extra striker at Craven Cottage.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/423063/fulham-bristol-city/preview

WhiteJC

Fulham v Bristol City preview

Fulham will have striker Cauley Woodrow available for the visit of Bristol City after his recovery from a broken foot.

Woodrow, who last featured in the FA Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on January 9, came through a run-out for the Under-21s against Arsenal in midweek.

Danish midfielder Lasse Christensen, though, is still a couple of weeks away from resuming training following a hamstring problem.

Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic also confirmed he faces a late decision on defender Chris Baird and midfielder Alex Kacaniklic, who are both carrying knocks.

Bristol City will have Peter Odemwingie available after the 34-year-old completed a loan move from Stoke on Friday.

Odemwingie will spend the rest of the season with Lee Johnson's side as they battle against relegation.

Korey Smith, who missed the last three games with an ankle injury, will be assessed after having his protective boot removed.

Loan signing Adam Matthews will start again after playing 70 minutes on his debut at Wolves in midweek, his first senior appearance since playing for Sunderland in a Capital One Cup tie at the end of August.

Kieran Agard or Aaron Wilbraham will be promoted from the bench if Johnson decides to play an extra striker at Craven Cottage.

http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-bristol-c/preview/339968?

WhiteJC

Fulham have two injury worries ahead of vital Bristol City clash - that and how to deal with Peter Odemwingie

Whites gaffer planning to deal with late attacking threat in a Cottage clash that is the proverbial six-pointer by anyone's standards

New challenge: Jokanovic (L) and Peter Odemwingie

Fulham midfielders Chris Baird and Alex Kacaniklic are in a race against time to recover from ankle knocks and face Bristol City - while their gaffer has one more surprise headache to sort for the vital six-pointer.

It was only five minutes before Slavisa Jokanovic entered today's press conference at the Whites training ground did he discover struggling City have secured Stoke forward Peter Odemwingie on loan until the end of the season.

Joka admits he now has to sit back down with his backroom staff and work out how to deal with a player once worth £10 million and a veteran of Premier League campaigns with WBA, Cardiff and Stoke, and a onetime QPR target .

Couple that with with the threat posed by defender Aidan Flint, who pipped Fulham's Tom Cairney to February's Championship player of the month, and the head coach has a head-scratching afternoon ahead of him.

Jokanovic said: "He (Flint) is a very dangerous player, and we are working today at training to stop him so we can put a stop to our problems with set pieces.

"We make a costly mistake (Sam Vokes's goal against Burnley on Tuesday night.) We need to defend set pieces and the last two days we've spent time trying to put it right.

"On Odemwinge, It was news for me. I need to check this player. And I need to add to my team talk what we can expect from him.

"I checked what Bristol were doing before, but it's not the right time for too many changes from us, and we already have a plan in place."

Tickets for the Bristol game are on general sale from £25 adults and from just £15 juniors (under 17). Call the Fulham FC Ticket Office on: 0843 208 1234 or online at: www.fulhamfc.com/tickets

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-two-injury-worries-ahead-11026734?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Bristol City

Cauley Woodrow came through a run-out for the Under-21s against Arsenal in midweek

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website[/i]

TEAM NEWS
Fulham will have striker Cauley Woodrow (foot) available for the visit of Bristol City.

Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic faces a late decision on defender Chris Baird and midfielder Alex Kacaniklic (both knocks).

Bristol City will have forward Peter Odemwingie available after he completed a loan move from Stoke on Friday.

Korey Smith (ankle) will be assessed after having his protective boot removed.

MATCH FACTS
Fulham's victory in the reverse fixture extended their winning run over the Robins to three matches, although two of those games came in 1997.
Bristol City's last victory away to Fulham at Craven Cottage was back on Boxing Day 1989.
Fulham have kept one clean sheet in their last 25 games in the Championship, conceding 45 goals in that time.
Only Burnley's Andre Gray (29) has been involved in more goals in the Championship than Ross McCormack (25 - 18 goals, 7 assists).
The Robins have won three of their last four away league games, though lost most recently away at Wolves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35732982

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Bristol City Preview

Slaviša Jokanović admitted that Saturday's meeting with Bristol City at Craven Cottage is 'a six-pointer.'

The two sides are just above the relegation places on 37 points apiece, although Fulham's vastly superior goal difference means we sit above the Robins in 19th.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Jokanović said: "For us it's a very important game, a six-pointer game, and we must win.

"[Bristol] have improved but everything depends on us. They are going to arrive in our home and we need to do everything to win the game.

"The last game against Burnley we played very well, tactically we played a very good game, we made many positive things. But the most important thing is that we didn't find a result.

"We need to be focused and go into the game with the right mentality for fighting. Now we are going into war; 10 finals are in front of us, the first final that we're going to play is tomorrow afternoon. Let's be strong and prepare to give our maximum on the field."

City currently have the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month in their ranks in Aden Flint.

The imposing centre-back has scored four times in his last six games, and Jokanović is well aware of the threat he'll pose from set-pieces.

"It's true, he's a very dangerous player who is probably one of the better attackers in this kind of situation," he admitted.

"I'm talking with my players and we're working today in training to try and stop him, and generally to be prepared to start avoiding the problems that we've had in this kind of situation in previous games.

"We've made unnecessary and very costly mistakes, five penalties in the last nine games, we need to be more concentrated, more prepared in the situations where we need to defend set-pieces.

"We were working in this way before, and the last two days we have spent some time trying to fix this problem."

Saturday's visitors will be backed by the best part of 4,000 travelling supporters, but our Head Coach is desperate to ensure it's the others inside Craven Cottage who are smiling come 5pm.

"The fans always play a huge part," he said. "Last game they pushed us until the last minute, the same as our away fans in Reading, to try and support us and try to improve us.

"I'm sure tomorrow is going to be the same situation and our obligation is the same; support them for supporting us.

"At the moment we don't give them enough. I expect we can offer a better face and, like I said before, we must win the game. This is our target for tomorrow."

Get behind the boys and secure your seat at Fulham v Bristol City on Saturday, with tickets available from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/11/jokanovics-bristol-city-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss ready for the 'war' against Bristol City - while hoping it gets a lot easier from here on out

Whites man in the dugout plots to silence Robins and fly away from the danger zone - both in this match and the next one at home

'War: Slavisa Jokanovic ready for battle

Slavisa Jokanovic points out five out of the last six games at Craven Cottage have been against top six teams.

The next two for the Fulham boss are against sides in the bottom five, starting with Bristol City tomorrow.

Joka is fingers crossed and hopeful this clash and the home one that follows against MK Dons surrender six vital points in the 'war' to be called a Championship team next season.

He said: "We played five times out of six against top six teams.

"Maybe, we're going to find an easier schedule and maybe an easier way to win games against sides not in the top six."

The Whites man in charge concedes a decent record against the lesser sides this season have yielded points at every turn. Indeed, Fulham have yet to lose to any of the bottom five.

Does it help the players mentality knowing that?

"Yes, it's true," he said. "But I can't complain about the way we train and play (in recent games), apart from Blackburn (3-0 away defeat). We show many things except for moments of concentration.

"We can't fix things immediately. I understand the problem, and we're working hard. I'm not panicking, and we need to be prepared for the war. There are 10 finals ahead of us – and this is the first of them against Bristol."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-ready-war-against-11027752?

WhiteJC

U18s' Blackburn Trip

On Saturday (11am), Fulham Under-18s' second Final Phase fixture sees them take on a Blackburn Rovers outfit who are enjoying a fine season.

In addition to qualifying for Group One after finishing fourth in the Northern Section, Rovers also have an FA Youth Cup Semi-Final against Chelsea to look forward to next Friday.

They impressed in first Final Phase game, too, leaving Liverpool with a 2-1 win under their belts. Joe Rankin-Costello and Matty Platt were the boys on target.

With each team having played just one game so far, the table doesn't really give much away, but Fulham sit in fourth following their 2-2 draw with West Ham United, and victory at Brockhall would see them move above their opponents in the standings.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/11/u18s-blackburn-trip?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: A Must-Win Game

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović provides his thoughts ahead of a "must-win game" against Bristol City on Saturday at Craven Cottage.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/11/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Villa face London rivals in keeper chase

Fulham have emerged as rivals to Aston Villa for the signature of Atromitos goalkeeper Vasilios Barkas, according to reports in Greece.

Villa have had the 21-year-old custodian watched over the past month, leading to rumours of a impending summer bid, but Fulham are also in the race for his signature - claim Sentragoal.gr.

The 6ft 4in Greek Under-21 international is under contract at Peristeri until 2017 and the Greek club know they can make enough money to revamp other areas of their squad if they hold out for a significant fee this summer.

Villa have been searching Europe for a young keeper to come in and beef up competition for the number one spot, with both Brad Guzan and Mark Bunn having been dropped after shaky displays this season.

Fulham are currently operating with free transfer signing Andy Lonergan as their number one after Marcus Bettinelli, last season's regular keeper, picked up a serious knee injury in August.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/villa-face-london-rivals-in-keeper-chase-1803155.html?

WhiteJC

Bristol City PREVIEW: We're suited to playing away says Robins midfielder Marlon Pack

MARLON Pack believes Bristol City's precarious position in the Championship table could be their biggest asset in tomorrow's relegation battle against Fulham.

He contends that City are at their most dangerous when visiting sides that expect to beat them.

Pack seeks recourse to the team's recent form on the road to back up his argument, pointing to a record of achievement that saw the Robins win three successive away games before losing 2-1 at Wolves in midweek.

Despite that setback, Pack feels City are better equipped to pick up points on their travels than they are at Ashton Gate, where visiting teams tend to put men behind the ball and defend in depth.

Afforded more space and opportunity to break away from home, the Robins have benefitted from adopting a counter-attacking style, winning games at Charlton, MK Dons and Nottingham Forest.

Speaking ahead of tomorrow's proverbial relegation six-pointer against Fulham at Craven Cottage, Pack, pictured, said: "I do think a counter-attacking style suits us and that is generally how you tend to play away from home in the Championship. It is harder to set up as a counter-attacking team at home, but you can do it away where the opposition fans and players expect to beat you.

"Because they have this perception of Bristol City as a team near the bottom of the league, they tend to come out and attack us.

"When they throw men into attack, because they expect to win, it leaves spaces that we can exploit. It's certainly a game-plan that has worked pretty well for us in recent times.

"Our best chance of winning is if the opposition think they can beat us and come out and have a go at us."

Certainly, City have encountered problems at Ashton Gate, where they invariably come up against packed defences. Last weekend's 2-0 home defeat to Cardiff was a case in point.

"Cardiff will have seen the game we played at Nottingham Forest and set up to stifle us and stop us countering them," said Pack. "It's a completely different scenario away from home, where we are able to play through the team to our creative players."

With ten matches to play and the Robins two points above the drop zone, tomorrow's contest does not quite come into the category of "must-win" game. But Pack acknowledges a fixture against a Fulham side who have failed to win any of their last four matches is laden with opportunity.

He said: "We've won some good games against some of the so-called bigger teams this season and this is another one in that category.

"Their current performances are not great, our away form has been quite good and why shouldn't we get something from the game?

"Their fans won't be too happy with the way things are going and it's up to us to go there, play on the front foot and keep them quiet."

Should Korey Smith still be incapacitated by the ankle injury that has forced him to miss the last three games, Joe Bryan may be called upon to partner Pack in the centre of midfield.

"I've played alongside him in games previously and he's aware of what to do," said City's stand-in captain. "I'm more experienced and I've been talking him through it, but he's a bright lad and he knows what to do.

"He's played the role numerous times now, but it is still a very different position from the one he is used to playing. He's going to receive a lot more ball in the middle and, very often, with his back to the opposition goal.

"It's all about the angles and centre midfield is a hard position. You are receiving the ball from in front, from behind and from the side and you have to make a lot of decisions. But credit to him, he's done a great job and shown that he can be relied upon."

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-PREVIEW-suited-playing-away-says/story-28905284-detail/story.html#ixzz42fvu8rjN
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham's groundsman appointed to look after OS

Claret and Hugh understands that Fulham's head groundsman, Greg Bolton has been appointed by stadium operators London Stadium 185 to look after the Olympic Stadium grass pitch.

Earlier today Greg posted "Beautiful sunny day down at the cottage, about to start prepping for my last matchday"

He previously posted "I've very much enjoyed my stay at the club and I'm thoroughly looking forward to the next chapter in my career."

Greg spent twelve years at Reading FC after joining the grounds staff from school, he worked his way up to head groundsman before joining Fulham in 2014.

He is expected to take up his post this month at Stratford, looking after the pitch which will be used by West Ham this August.

Claret and Hugh understands that West Ham's head groundsman, Dougie Robertson will continue to be employed by the club, he will have responsibility for the training grounds of Rush Green, Little Heath and Chadwell Heath and will oversee preparations and work at the Olympic Stadium on the run up to match days.

As we reported earlier, a one million pound Desso Grassmaster pitch is currently being installed at the former Olympic Stadium which we used for football, athletics, rugby as well as the possibility of American football, cricket or even baseball.

The state of the pitch in a multi-use stadium will become an important factor with West Ham hoping over-use does not take its toll on the playing surface. Let's hope 'Groundsman Greg' as he is affectionally known keeps the pitch in tip top condition with a beady eye from Dougie.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/fulhams-head-groundsman-appointed-to-look-after-os/?

WhiteJC

3 things to look out for in the Fulham vs Bristol City game

Fulham welcome fellow Championship strugglers Bristol City to Craven Cottage this afternoon in a relegation showdown with only 10 games left of the season.

evidently shown why they are struggling near the foot of the table as Fulham are winless in their last 4 games and Bristol City have lost their last 2 consecutive games.

That form has been consistent throughout the whole of the season and if that doesn't change, they could be playing the likes of Northampton Town and Oxford United next season.

As sides such as Rotherham United are picking up points under Neil Warnock, the two sides, which are level on points in the league, will be nervy ahead of this clash today.

Ahead of this relegation battle, a victory could ensure that either side could open up the gap from the bottom three to 5 points, but that is if Rotherham lose their game against Derby County.

Football League World Writer, Ashley Williams identifies THREE things to look out for in the game..

1) Peter Odemwingie debut

Lee Johnson has made some excellent additions since he was brought into the club and the signing of Peter Odemwingie yesterday will be a big boost for the club.

The Nigerian forward will spend the rest of the season on loan at Ashton Gate and on his day, the 34-year-old can really cause problems for defence.

The striker was brought into the club due to his eye for a goal that could lift the Robins relegation worries. He is expected to be thrown into the starting line up alongside top scorer Jonathan Kodjia.

Fulham have been terrible at the back this season, and the Premier League quality of Odemwingie will look to punish the West London clubs inconsistency in defence.

2) Cauley Woodrow returns

Fulham welcome back their England under-21 power house forward Cauley Woodrow, who last featured in the FA Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on January 9.

The striker came through a run-out for the Under-21s against Arsenal in midweek and is expected to feature for the West London club this afternoon.

With the trickiness of Dembele and McCormack, Woodrow gives the club another option and is known for his aerial ability.

The front three will certainly give Bristol problems, as on their day they can cause any Championship side problems.

3) Relegation six pointer?

This is probably the biggest game of the season for both sides.

They are level on points and three points would do either side the world of good to ensure that they remain a Championship side.

Bristol have looked decent away from home recently after winning three out of their last four trips in the Championship that will stand them in good stead for today.

Also, Fulham have only kept one clean sheet in their last 25 games in the Championship, conceding 45 goals in that time. The Robins will be confident that they can extend that record over the West London side.

While Fulham have looked abysmal at the back this season, you cannot complain about their willingness to attack – Dembele and McCormack have scored more than half than Fulham's total tally of goals.

This is a game that has goals written all over it, but both clubs will need to patient and make sure they don't make any costly mistakes that could cost them their future in the second tier.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-to-look-out-for-in-the-fulham-vs-bristol-city-game/?

WhiteJC

Jokanovic ready for crucial clash

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic says his side must beat relegation rivals Bristol City on Saturday.

The Cottagers have not won in their last four outings, a run that has seen them drop to 19th in the table, just two points above the relegation places.

Saturday's rivals City sit 20th on the same tally and Jokanovic admits a victory over Lee Johnson's men could prove crucial to his team's survival hopes.

Â"We have to win the game,Â" the boss told the clubÂ's official website.

Â"ItÂ's our obligation to play these last 10 games like we are going to war. Â"It is not a question of if we are ready. We have to be ready for what is in front of us.Â"

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/championship/jokanovic-ready-for-crucial-clash-1803184.html?