more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reaction of our players when Bristol city final whistle went

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 14, 2016, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 14, 2016, 11:34:08 AM
They looked absolutely crestfallen. Head in hands, some collapsing to the ground, one even put his shirt over his head to drown everything out.

Shows they care, but I fear that they don't have the fight left in them to survive.

I would have a touch of sympathy had any of them, even with head in hands or a shirt pulled over their head, closed down the acre of space given up for the equaliser or if just one had collapsed to the ground against the post furthest from where Lonergan was. Two absolutely shocking pieces of play that can only feed the doubters in the ability of the manager, the coaches and indeed the players. I am not jumping on the anti SJ bandwagon but fifteen or so games in and all the weaknesses, including the very basics, are still there.

If the players really cared they would take on more responsibility and sort these basics out themselves. Three players were marking fresh air whilst it was clear Lee Tomlin could not believe his eyes as a gap all the way to the back of the net opened up in front of him.

That's enough. Back under my rock.

bill taylors apprentice

Do not mistake the crocodile tears of the players responsible for this shambles!

Of course they are gutted, nobody likes to lose but it doesn't hurt enough to do what's necessary to stop the rot.

They don't have the inner strength to work, work  and work again to find the marginal gains all sportsman need to achieve their best performance.

Can some of them find that extra gear needed?
I don't think so, the culture of failure is too much.