watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The future

Started by nose, March 16, 2016, 01:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

We can agree or disagree about when and how nd where the rot started but we clearly have had a belly full.

IMO, and that is all it is....
The current state is that we have a very unbalanceed and as a result poor squad, but we have some good players.
More than that we have witnessed yet again a debacle in appointing the new manager but I absiolutely like what i have seen, the reults are a disaster bit for the first time since Roy I think I can see method and vision. It took ages for it to work with roy and we nearly went down, and it is not happening in results now either. To make the changes we need to really go forward means a new way of doing things and I think that is what is happening.

But I do not accept the team are playing less well, I think we are overwhelmingly playing better and if we had better individuals in the team we probably would have had 7 or 9 points from the last three games, not just one.

ISince joca came I have seen one dreadful performance and under any manager that happens, in all other games, but for the result, I think we are finally going in the right direction. I absolutely believe we have the right man at last, I absolutely believe we will go up next season..... unfortunately i cannot guarantee what division we will be promoted from because like everyone else we have to arrest the stupid conceeding of goals that we are now into our second/third season of doing!

So for me the future is bright but I am praying for a miricale this season because of the lack of quality in the squad itself.

As I say just my opinion.

nose

and for next reply i think we will get a result saturday

Lighthouse

What is undeniable is the squad is unbalanced. My opinion has always been it was a better squad than we have had over the last few seasons. So the need for wholesale change in the Summer diminished as we needed strength only in parts that were weak.

Well that opinion was clearly wrong. I do not see the positives you see with the manager. I do not see how we can be playing better but losing more. I see many possible futures.

We go down and lose the manager and we lose players and have yet another rebuild and possibly the return to Fulham of the struggling years

Or we go down and keep the manager but still have another rebuild

Stay up ,lose the manager and ditto

Stay up keep the manager and ditto.

Stay up and the manager,whoever it is convinces players to stay and we continue on a path of continuity, good or bad.

But the most important thing is to have some sort of settled period. Better an average side than one wallowing near the bottom of whatever league we are in.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2016, 01:53:39 PM
What is undeniable is the squad is unbalanced. My opinion has always been it was a better squad than we have had over the last few seasons. So the need for wholesale change in the Summer diminished as we needed strength only in parts that were weak.

Well that opinion was clearly wrong. I do not see the positives you see with the manager. I do not see how we can be playing better but losing more. I see many possible futures.

We go down and lose the manager and we lose players and have yet another rebuild and possibly the return to Fulham of the struggling years

Or we go down and keep the manager but still have another rebuild

Stay up ,lose the manager and ditto

Stay up keep the manager and ditto.

Stay up and the manager,whoever it is convinces players to stay and we continue on a path of continuity, good or bad.

But the most important thing is to have some sort of settled period. Better an average side than one wallowing near the bottom of whatever league we are in.

I understand everything you say. The thing that I think is that the manager has been dropped in it. I believe the position we are in is the one we were going to be in anyway (maybe a bit worse because of all the chopping and changing). When we were winning under Kit, I saw no rhyme or reason to those victories because there was nothing structured or sensible about our play and the frailties of not being able to defend set pieces or score from set pieces (ross shots excepted) was clearly down to poor training ground stuff. It takes a while for that to totally unwind. I think that is all starting to show.

We do now score from set pieces too.

I never agreed as you may recall re the quality of the squad and was jaundiced from the moment we
a) signed jazz richards as some sort of big deal and
b) had the three idiots on the video talking about the future in the close season

I have anticipated a bottom 8 finish all along and even when we won and I became over enthused, my head always said bottom half. BUT honestly, I do see much improvement on the field in terms of performance, I do blame the players now for such childish errors. I hope they have the wattsits to grow up and fight for the team instead of playing for themselves.

bill taylors apprentice

I'm probably clutching at straws here but.........

Jokanovic has stated he and his family are looking to settle somewhere after being a nomad for a number of years.

We have been told there is a long term plan and big changes are a foot at the end of this season.

So regardless of how things turn out this season we may have consistency in the future?

But I won't hold my breath!

Twig

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 16, 2016, 03:17:50 PM

Jokanovic has stated he and his family are looking to settle somewhere after being a nomad for a number of years.

We have been told there is a long term plan and big changes are a foot at the end of this season.

So regardless of how things turn out this season we may have consistency in the future?

I sincerely hope you are right!

And I agree about balance BUT I also passionately want to see a pacier team.  With one or two exceptions this squad is simply too slow.

nose

Quote from: Twig on March 16, 2016, 03:50:11 PM

I sincerely hope you are right!

And I agree about balance BUT I also passionately want to see a pacier team.  With one or two exceptions this squad is simply too slow.

I think we all agree on most of the shortcomings in the squad and pace has for certain been up there for ages!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Could someone explain what they mean by 'unbalanced' please.

J

If we go down I think Joka will leave - not beacause he will quit, but someone will come in for him. His track record and experience is far too good to be in div 1 even if his reputation is "tarnished" by taking us down, and the compensation someone would have to pay wouldn't be a deterrant due to contract length

That said I am still optimistic that we will stay up and he will therefore stay in charge

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 16, 2016, 06:13:12 PM

i can tell you what i mean
we have too many similar players and not distributed across the park,... in particualr we have three goodish keepers but only one half decent but injury pro=ne full back

we have no leaders in the team
we have no big ugly tough midfielder
we have no captain on the filed that leads properly
we have a lot of of fancy dan prima donnas such as garbut cairney and kaka
we have no pace
we have a lot of of below abverage players
we have one exceptional forward in ross and one very good prospect in woodrow who if given a proper run would show what we have been missing... the one full game i saw him play this season he was a revelation as he was against derby last season...but he gets so few chances i wonder why he stays......   I could go on but my mouse is playing up!!!!!

J.Perkins

I agree with nose. I'm now debating whether there is a god.

ron

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 16, 2016, 06:13:12 PM

Too many indifferent players, and not enough committed ones?

Neil D

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 17, 2016, 10:41:39 AM
There isn't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2016, 12:46:54 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on March 17, 2016, 10:41:39 AM
There isn't.
There is, He just shuns you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope