more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan closer to selling up?

Started by davew, March 16, 2016, 05:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2016, 06:33:15 PM
I return to a point I made earlier and which I don't think anybody has commented on, is it possible that SK was not made aware of FFP rules and that he might have thought success could be just bought with his money with no restrictions, my own feeling is yes!

The man didn't get to be a billionaire by being stupid, as many have said before. The team has fallen on hard times because of the management team in place when he bought it. He made moves that seemed practical that failed. Khan couldn't do the physical on Mitroglou himself and a German coach with a stellar resume some how got that resume while being an absolute loon. The team was old and had nothing invested for the prior two years. Had the Greek come good or Felix been half the manager his resume indicated, I doubt we would have been relegated. Had the fans choice for manager (Kit) done what was expected of him we would have gone back up or at least been contending this season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

Jim with respect, a persons wealth does not mean that they are not infallible and incapable of making bad investments. People can lose fortunes as well as make them! None of us really know what the motive was for SK to purchase FFC club, what advice he had, how much he has learned since he took over, whether he has any regrets about buying the club, the only thing we all seem to be able to agree is that FFC is currently in a mess!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

Dave, you are correct that some people lose their fortunes but a person who starts small and builds it is less likely than a person who makes a computer app or some program that goes wild and makes a  ton of money. The man is calculated. If I had to guess, he's buying sports clubs because he's at that point in his life where he's playing with his bucks. He doesn't need to make more.  You are very correct that Fulham is in a mess but neither you nor I know enough inside information to be sure why.
I don't blame Khan. I've stood next to him while he answered questions from fans and my impression at the time (and of course I could be wrong) was that he was a fan talking to fans. He genuinely seemed to be excited to be at that gig and genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself.  That's what I base my thoughts on. That, and I am mostly a "glass is half full type of guy". There is no one evil here, either at FOF or at the club.
Ok, maybe I'm wrong about Logicalman. LOL

YankeeJim

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 17, 2016, 07:11:53 PM
Dave, you are correct that some people lose their fortunes but a person who starts small and builds it is less likely than a person who makes a computer app or some program that goes wild and makes a  ton of money. The man is calculated. If I had to guess, he's buying sports clubs because he's at that point in his life where he's playing with his bucks. He doesn't need to make more.  You are very correct that Fulham is in a mess but neither you nor I know enough inside information to be sure why.
I don't blame Khan. I've stood next to him while he answered questions from fans and my impression at the time (and of course I could be wrong) was that he was a fan talking to fans. He genuinely seemed to be excited to be at that gig and genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself.  That's what I base my thoughts on. That, and I am mostly a "glass is half full type of guy". There is no one evil here, either at FOF or at the club.
Ok, maybe I'm wrong about Logicalman. LOL

:dft011:

I agree with your sentiments about SK Jim, seems we were both taken in, or the guy does have some decency about him, I just pray it's the latter.

Either way, to Daves point, you mention the FFP, and also about when he bought the club in the same breath. I don't believe the FFP came into the decision to buy at all, and as a successful businessman, I'd like to believe that he either has made himself aware of such things, or has someone in the team that is so aware (at which point the finger drills towards two such gents who must know about such rules). I stand by what I said before though, he's here for the duration I believe, and there will need to be a monumental shift of some kind to get him to sell up. Losses from dropping Prem thru Fizzy thru Div1 are a mere blip on this guys' accounts page, and that's what I base my beliefs on.  Then again, being the evil sod I am supposed to be, I could also be very, very wrong ....
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 17, 2016, 06:44:17 PM
Quote from: davew on March 17, 2016, 06:33:15 PM
I return to a point I made earlier and which I don't think anybody has commented on, is it possible that SK was not made aware of FFP rules and that he might have thought success could be just bought with his money with no restrictions, my own feeling is yes!

The man didn't get to be a billionaire by being stupid, as many have said before. The team has fallen on hard times because of the management team in place when he bought it. He made moves that seemed practical that failed. Khan couldn't do the physical on Mitroglou himself and a German coach with a stellar resume some how got that resume while being an absolute loon. The team was old and had nothing invested for the prior two years. Had the Greek come good or Felix been half the manager his resume indicated, I doubt we would have been relegated. Had the fans choice for manager (Kit) done what was expected of him we would have gone back up or at least been contending this season.

Allowances must be made but your analysis does let Khan off too lightly.

Probably the root cause of all subsequent issues is that his first act was to dismiss the majority of the board leaving just the CEO and finance director and adding just the Jaguar's President. That damaged the continuity and left little football experience on the board to make the key decisions.

Most fans could have told Khan for free that the squad was aging and needed refreshing, that the wage bill was too high and that Jol should be replaced.

I'm not sure who you are blaming in the management team in place when Khan bought the club. If you mean Mckintosh then he wasn't employed by MAF to oversee footballing matters. That was the manager's job. If you mean Jol then yes he had responsibility for the state of the squad. Without the hands-on ownership of MAF or a board with the confidence to recommend a change of manager Jol was allowed to continue in place.

We don't know what was behind the Mitroglu and Magath moves but it is hard to imagine either happening under MAF.

The appointment of Symons was inevitable after his great start and the lack of a clear alternative. Anyway that and the overhaul of the squad in the summer were Rigg's decisions. Footballing aspects are now clearly in Rigg's hands as the DoF but that interim period between MAF selling and Rigg's arrival where there there was no leadership over the footballing aspects was very costly and must be put down to Khan's poor decisions over the management structure.

That said, I believe Khan's intentions are good. Hopefully we can escape relegation strengthen the team and mount a challenge for promotion next season.

davew

App 2 to the Maestro, very good post and the sort I was looking 4ward to reading! I can't be the only 1 sharing my own views, we all support the same team!

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2016, 07:16:12 PM
Samuel Adams ?
Who did he play for ?

Sam Adams was a mid  level irritator for the Boston Tea Partiers. He was instrumental in the run up to beating the best team in the world at the time.
As a side note he was a brewer by trade which might explain his dislike for tea. 

Chutney

C O Y W

Domino 1879

I dont think he will sell for three reasons:

1. He will lose a shed load of money.
2. He will lose face.
3. It wont be easy to find a buyer.

If the club should come up for sale or shares made available, I personally would advocate the club being owned by the supporters.
COYW

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Domino 1879 on March 18, 2016, 10:32:27 AM
I dont think he will sell for three reasons:

1. He will lose a shed load of money.
2. He will lose face.
3. It wont be easy to find a buyer.

If the club should come up for sale or shares made available.
COYW

1). He may lose the money, but I am sure they will let him keep the shed.
2). It is impossible to lose his face with the size of that moustache.
3). Finding a buyer is the easy bit.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

to answer the question posed in the thread title: Yes, obviously.

Why? Well, although most of us would agree that self-made billionaires don't get that status by buying properties at their highest value and selling them when they're worth considerable less, Khan IS, after all, a Yank, and they're all stupid gits who don't even know that there's such a thing as relegation!  :022:

So, while a billionaire from any other nation would be intent on getting Fulham back up into the top flight to once again fill the ground that he's committed to improving, keeping them there for several seasons, perhaps even making another run for Europe and then -- as MAF did -- sell the club, Khan is a Yank.

I'm surprised he knows how to tie his own shoes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

Hatter Don, the first part of your reply made me feel slightly assured that I was not alone in my thoughts that he might be thinking of being closer to selling up, but some of your reply is perhaps a little narrow minded, except of course he knows nothing about running a football club! Where he comes from or what nationality he is or isn't doesn't really come into it, what we want is somebody capable of taking our great club forward!