Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, March 20, 2016, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not counting.....
Coaching
Manager
Desire
Team work
and all other things that vary between clubs..........

Based on individual skills and potential, are Leicester's players any better than Fulham's  ?

eg: I know their defenders are better as a unit but are they 'better' individually ?
eg: Is McCormack as good as Vardy

Sensible and considered thoughts only
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

Lol. Why not compare us to Barcelona as la liga is more our standard than the prem
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on March 20, 2016, 04:13:32 PM
Lol. Why not compare us to Barcelona as la liga is more our standard than the prem

UG

Mince n Tatties

Miles better...They would put 6 past us at
half speed..

JPCL

Miles better, not sure any of our players would make their bench.

Jamie88

Yes, by an absolute country mile

Jem

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 20, 2016, 04:41:53 PM
Miles better...They would put 6 past us at
half speed..
True, but how far into the 1st half are we talking?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

J

Based on individual skills and potential, are Leicester's players any better than Fulham's  ?
     -Yes

eg: I know their defenders are better as a unit but are they 'better' individually ?
     -Yes

eg: Is McCormack as good as Vardy
     -No (maybe not much in it in terms of technical ability but taking into account work rate, pace, direct running etc. def not)

bill taylors apprentice

I can only assume you have a genuine interest in asking this question but what's your motive for asking?

P.S.   My answers no.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 20, 2016, 08:34:38 PM

I can only assume you have a genuine interest in asking this question but what's your motive for asking?

P.S.   My answers no.

No real motive, more to see what others think of a team that were promoted last year and are now in a position to win the PS
(it's in their own hands) and how much difference Pearson and Ranieri have injected into motivation, teamwork, passion etc which have turned them into a tremendous force.

I've only watched them a couple of times on TV but there is a real self and team belief which is what we have lacked for 3/4 years now.

They may have slightly better players, but not to the magnitude of the 4/5 teams that are trailing behind them.

Tigana turned a squad of mostly average players into a similar unit, something that sticks in my mind is the confidence that
flowed throughout the team and to see the 'conversion' of someone like Andy Melville who, with all respect, to someone who could confidently play the ball out of defense and actually felt comfortable on the ball.

I did say in my original post that it was irrespective of what is driving Leicester into a better team, just based on basic skills
without what's being pummeled into them on the training ground.

Oh well, what might have been and no doubt will come back, asap

Denver Fulham

Mahrez is better than the sum total of Fulham's roster.

Jamie88

I get what you're saying Roger, but even so they have much better players than us

Schmeichel is a better keeper than Betts or alone than
Morgan and Huth miles better than our defence put together
Drinkwater and Kante miles better than our midfield put together
Mahrez and Vardy - well I don't have to say anything

Even fringe players for them like Schlupp and Ulloa would walk into our side at the moment