watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool away october 1973

Started by Dr Know, March 26, 2016, 01:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Know

I went to this game on monday night 22nd october 1973 but for the life of me cant remember why it wasplayed on a monday . It wasnt because of tv so can anybody out there give me an answer.

the cyprus one

I was there also (my 17th birthday) no idea why it was a monday.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Dr Know on March 26, 2016, 01:51:06 PM
I went to this game on monday night 22nd october 1973 but for the life of me cant remember why it wasplayed on a monday . It wasnt because of tv so can anybody out there give me an answer.

The game was always scheduled for this Monday night date even though both clubs had played at the weekend.

Could have had something to do with the turning-on of the Blackpool Illuminations?

Didn't do much good for the attendance, with a Bloomfield Road post-war record low crowd of little more than five and half thousand who bothered to go.

nose

strangely iwas there too...just started at salford university and drove up to the game
foolishly i thought i could something to eat before the game but 6.30 the town was totally shut!!!! i had to get a bar of chocolate and a packet of crisps
what a dump bloomfield road was

Dr Know

I went on mary doughtys train.As it was a 7 30 kick off the game finished approx 9 15 giving us half an hour to get the last train back to preston at 9 45. Got the connection at preston arriving at euston at 2 15am.Being skint had to walk home to hammersmith. And on the following saturday went on marys train up to carlisle where we lost again. Cant believe it was 43 years ago.

Travers Barney

Great post...loved the midweek encounters up north  in the 70's and 80's...home on the cattle train arriving at st p kings x or euston at silly time and then straight to work without any sleep....coyw
We are the whites