watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in Brighton and Sussex meet up: April

Started by Shredhead, March 30, 2016, 11:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

I'm not going to be around the first Monday or Tuesday of April, so if you want to meet I suggest you reply below and meet again at the The Basketmakers, Gloucester Road in the North Laine on Monday 4th? It seemed to work well last month and the barmaid is a Fulham fan. Enjoy!

Of course, we've got the Brighton game on Friday 15th and we could meet up before that.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

BrightonFFC1

Shredhead

I don't think anyone (except maybe the barmaid) will be there tonight.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Funny question, but does anyone have kids/grandkids that go to Queens Park school. I keep seeing a fella there with a Fulham beanie on!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Gloss White

Sorry to intrude but as you have local knowledge- my son and I thought about making a weekend of it and taking the campervan down to the Brighton game. Can you recommend anywhere?

Southdowns White

Quote from: Gloss White on April 04, 2016, 07:51:57 PM
Sorry to intrude but as you have local knowledge- my son and I thought about making a weekend of it and taking the campervan down to the Brighton game. Can you recommend anywhere?
There are a few sights around Steyning ,Henfield and over near Lewis and Ditchling but you would need to drive to a train station or get a bus and get the Free local travel with your match day tickets. As I live down here I have never looked for a campsite in this area.

spikey norman

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 05, 2016, 09:00:38 AM
There are a few sights around Steyning ,Henfield and over near Lewis and Ditchling but you would need to drive to a train station or get a bus and get the Free local travel with your match day tickets. As I live down here I have never looked for a campsite in this area.
There is Sheepcote Valley caravan site which is almost next to Whitehawk FC in East Brighton.
Don't know if it is any good though

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: spikey norman on April 05, 2016, 10:06:26 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on April 05, 2016, 09:00:38 AM
There is Sheepcote Valley caravan site which is almost next to Whitehawk FC in East Brighton.
Don't know if it is any good though

small i think, but fairly central to everything. 5 min walk to the marina from there tho.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Shredhead

There are always loads of campervans parked around where I live near Preston Park, although the local residents aren't so keen. Spikey is right though, the Sheepcote valley site is the official one. There's more travel info here http://www.buses.co.uk/travel/football.aspx

I don't know anyone up Queens Park school but a teaching assistant at my daughter's school (Balfour) is a Fulham fan.

Dodger53

This website may help you.Steyningsouthdowns.co.uk/visit
Match ticket includes bus from Steyning, and train from Shoreham (10mins on bus from Steyning). Bus from Steyning to Brighton station takes 70 mins.
Get to Brighton station in good time to get train to Falmer(AMEX Stadium). Allow an hour to get train after the game!

Gloss White

Thank you for all your replies. Found the campsites expensive so decided to go for a Travel Lodge in Worthington. Looking forward to it. Not sure where everyone is drinking?

Shredhead

Quote from: Gloss White on April 09, 2016, 05:06:54 PM
Thank you for all your replies. Found the campsites expensive so decided to go for a Travel Lodge in Worthington. Looking forward to it. Not sure where everyone is drinking?
If you mean Worthing, it's about half an hour by train from Brighton. The official away pub in town is the Brighthelmstone, a Wetherspoons on West Street which is straight down from the station, past the clock tower on the right. There are loads of great locals in the streets around Brighton station, but avoid  the 2 directly outside on the right. I'll start another thread with pub recommendations.