watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just back from the game.....

Started by NogoodBoyo, April 02, 2016, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

....just kidding.  But I wish somebody sensible would come back with a good report.
Nogood "a day late for April Fool's, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

@ Statto.  That's pretty much as I heard it via GJ.  Thanks.
Nogood "having no eyes and ears, isit" Boyo

Carborundum

Just back.  Played a 4-4-2 with four centre backs and no wingers.  Plenty of possession and much more solid in midfield.  Cairney was a ball magnet, without ever doing anything spectacular.  Our strike force was potent and could have scored more.  Our defence lost the plot for the MK goal, but there was a pleasing show of resilience.  Fredericks an absolute handful when he came on.  Gripping entertainment throughout and a good atmosphere with the clappers.

Man of the match contenders would be Parker and Dembele, but for me they get pipped by Ince, who gave us something we have long been missing.  They all did fine though.

@jolslover

Betts 6- didn't have much to do. But looked like he really cared at full time. Was going mental.
Stearman 6- OK. Worse outfield player but still not to bad, Josh Murphy beat him for pace a few times but luckily didn't come to anything
Madl 9- Quality. Carried us at the back
Amorebieta 7- Solid, not as good as Madl but didn't have any liability moments, made some good tackles
Ream 7- Higher 7 than nando. Was class, so calm on the ball and made some important tackles
Tunni 7- Typical Tunnicliffe performance, didn't stop running. Played LM and worked hard throughout
Parker 8- Never stopped running, class, so many good tackles, battling so hard out there
Ince 7- so solid, nothing got past him, few poor passes but made up for it with many interceptions
Cairney 8- turned up today, just drifts past players. Went on some great runs
Mccormack 8- constant threat, scored one and set up the other and had an absolute rocket hit the post
Dembele 9- great performance, they couldn't handle him, strong, fast and some nice touches, scored one and set up the other

Subs: Burn NA didn't touch it came on for about 2 mins, Fredericks 7: Quick as usual, and put in some good crosses (Think he should probably start over Stearman). Smith NA only on for about 5 minutes, Won a few headers but thats it
STH H3

Max Headroom

Was a good game in the second half. Poor first half.

My summation at half time was that they were worse than us. Second half we were much the better side until a mix up between the central defenders allowed them a goal.

We could have scored a hatful and should have scored more than we did.

I couldn't understand the selection of no wide players at all. Four central defenders and four central midfielders but MK played very narrow and long ball so I guess it made sense, but having Ream and Stearman as the wing backs is never good gong forward.

Dembele played well, as did McCormack. Parker was amazing in the first half and then went off the boil a bit. Ince played well, and Tunnicliffe also played well, running everywhere and was actually quite effective in attack. Cairney played well first half then went anonymous a bit.

If we had a bit more pace in the second half we would have ripped them apart.

Still suspect in defence, but more solid, and it was great to see how much the goals meant to them.

MK were a poor team. Good to have them 4 points behind us rather than 2 ahead!

NogoodBoyo

@ Carborundum (can I just call you "Carbs"?). 
Thanks for the report.  I gave my audio-inspired MOM award to Ross.  He scored, created Dembele's goal and hit the post with a scorcher whilst the keeper was in a different county.  Other than that, I doubt he did very much, but he is always such a threat.
Nogood "I'll go with yours though as Ince's name was popping up all the time, isit" Boyo

Carborundum

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 02, 2016, 06:38:45 PM
@ Carborundum (can I just call you "Carbs"?). 
Thanks for the report.  I gave my audio-inspired MOM award to Ross.  He scored, created Dembele's goal and hit the post with a scorcher whilst the keeper was in a different county.  Other than that, I doubt he did very much, but he is always such a threat.
Nogood "I'll go with yours though as Ince's name was popping up all the time, isit" Boyo
Of course you can my dear Nog

bobbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on April 02, 2016, 06:38:22 PM

My summation at half time was that they were worse than us. Second half we were much the better side until a mix up between the central defenders allowed them a goal.

I couldn't understand the selection of no wide players at all. Four central defenders and four central midfielders but MK played very narrow and long ball so I guess it made sense, but having Ream and Stearman as the wing backs is never good gong forward.

Dembele played well, as did McCormack. Parker was amazing in the first half and then went off the boil a bit. Ince played well, and Tunnicliffe also played well, running everywhere and was actually quite effective in attack. Cairney played well first half then went anonymous a bit.

Still suspect in defence, but more solid, and it was great to see how much the goals meant to them.

max I just don't see where you get " tunnicliffe played well " from I can never fault his effort but he' s nowhere near good enough , slightly better in the second half but gave the ball away constantly in the first half with poor passes. I may be on my own but I hope he never pulls on a Fulham shirt again
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Dodger53

Spot on review

Madl was mom for me

Max Headroom

Quote from: bobbo on April 02, 2016, 08:08:36 PM

max I just don't see where you get " tunnicliffe played well " from I can never fault his effort but he' s nowhere near good enough , slightly better in the second half but gave the ball away constantly in the first half with poor passes. I may be on my own but I hope he never pulls on a Fulham shirt again

He is a marmite player. I was of the same view earlier in the season, but my taste buds have changed. Don't like his new beard though :)