watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it all Bettinelli fault?

Started by ..FOF.., April 06, 2016, 05:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

We have to make the search for our next goalkeeper as our No. 1 priority.

Would we be in a much better position if Bett didn't get injured?  :005:

Those of you who went to the last 2 games, how did he command everybody during defending?

If it is true Bett makes all the difference, then we seriously have get a better top second goalie for next season.

Mince n Tatties

David Marshall of Cardiff would do.
Hope he has a stinker on Saturday .

Ronnief

Jesse Joronen pulled off some excellent saves for the under 21's on Monday night and I think with his constant shouting at defenders controls the box well. His week part at the moment may be his kicking! If guided well by our new goalkeeping coach he should be challenging for the number one position. We seem to have some very good young goalkeepers but the
two older keepers are not that good.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Ronnief on April 06, 2016, 10:32:30 AM
Jesse Joronen pulled off some excellent saves for the under 21's on Monday night and I think with his constant shouting at defenders controls the box well. His week part at the moment may be his kicking! If guided well by our new goalkeeping coach he should be challenging for the number one position. We seem to have some very good young goalkeepers but the
two older keepers are not that good.

Didn't he score a goal for Stevenage while on loan? I don't think his kicking can be all THAT bad  :005:
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

..FOF..

Our first back to back win since October and it coincides with the return of Bettinelli.

If Jesse is a great contender, then it is great that we don't need to look far. I would imagine signing a top goalie to be a no. 2 would be very tough.

cmg

I suggest our recruitment priorities lie in other areas.

Bettinelli is a decent young keeper, at least at this level. Personally, for what that's worth, I think he is just as good as Stockdale (who, although generally playing well behind a good defence, has made a few serious blunders in the games I have seen) and he is a few years younger.

I haven't seen Jorenen for a while, like Bettinelli he has had his injury problems, but, at 23, he has recently had his second full cap for Finland, a country with a fine goalkeeping pedigree.

Rodak is still just 19. He is Slovakia u21 keeper. He is highly rated by his loan club, Welling, whose alarmingly porous defence must give him plenty of opportunity to showcase his skills, they  believe they'll be hearing a lot more of him after he leaves them.

Norman and Ashby-Hammond are both age group England internationals.

Add to this lot an experienced veteran who you would be happy enough to see come off the bench - say, somebody like Lonergan and you might think we are quite well served in this area.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I appreciate it's very little to go on but I saw both Betts and Joronen at the Jacksonville weekend.
I'm no judge of goalkeepers but in my ever so humble opinion Joronen looked the better of the two,
particularly with taking charge of crosses during the practice session.
I know there wasn't the hussle and bussle there would be in the league but he certainly commanded
the area.
A good potential goalie for us
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SP

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: SP on April 09, 2016, 08:19:51 PM
Unbeaten since Betts returned.

10 points from 12? Ok no clean sheets but his distribution has made a huge difference to our play. It is no coincidence. Lonergan was a big problem, he is crap. There's more to goalkeeping than just being a shot stopper. And Joka realised that with Lonergan, why else did we come so close to signing McCarthy on loan in January?

I'm so glad Betts is back!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SP

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 06, 2016, 07:22:37 AM
David Marshall of Cardiff would do.
Hope he has a stinker on Saturday .

Voted their man of the match.

Jimmy Hill

Betts is the future back him 100%. Its good to have lonergan as number 2, he has played more games than we would have liked but has also had an ever changing back four in front of him. Both the lads are keepers if you catch my drift.