more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bairdinhio - show your team mates this

Started by BedsFFC, April 06, 2016, 09:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Wonderful times!
The thing that hit me there was that I'd just watched last nights game and we are still singing 'take me home, Al Fayed'

A bit embarrassing methinks!

If there is insistence on ignoring the new owner and/or wanting to show respect to Mr Fayed for what he has done for the club, then please can't it be altered at least?
Something like 'He took us home' rather than 'take us home' ?

BedsFFC

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 06, 2016, 09:45:13 PM
Wonderful times!
The thing that hit me there was that I'd just watched last nights game and we are still singing 'take me home, Al Fayed'

If there is insistence on ignoring the new owner and/or wanting to show respect to Mr Fayed for what he has done for the club, then please can't it be altered at least?

Doesn't really work like that, does it?

Mr Chairman, Shahid Khan just needs his own song. I'm sure, when ready, it will be forthcoming.

The Enclosurite

He has a song 'Shahid Khan my Lord' which was sung in the early days of his tenure but I think he now needs to earn the rite to hear it sung again.  I think we might be waiting a long time.
¡COYW!

BestOfBrede

So we just keep on singing about a Chairman that sold out years ago and returning to our home, even though we are at the ground sung about!
Makes us look a little stupid, no?
We may as well sing about Tommy Trinder and Johnny Haynes.

gang

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 07, 2016, 07:38:54 AM
So we just keep on singing about a Chairman that sold out years ago and returning to our home, even though we are at the ground sung about!

+1

Jem

Wonderful times!

Every club has its songs. Ours is not as embarrassing as West Ham's "bubbles"!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Jem on April 07, 2016, 10:17:04 AM
Wonderful times!

Every club has its songs. Ours is not as embarrassing as West Ham's "bubbles"!

It's not embarrassing at all. Lots of clubs sing ex player songs so why can't we sing an ex chairman song?
¡COYW!

Willard

BedsFFC - Thanks for that. I had forgotten that Danny Murphy goal so it was great to see it again. Good times indeed!

alexbishop

Still think there's a place for Matt Smith playing that Zamora type role. Players just need to be more intelligent with their supply to him rather than just lumping it up to him at any given opportunity.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Horse

Yeah man that guy Al Fayed, what did he do for Fulham?!

GrahamG

We looked a bit like the current Leicester City team!

GrahamG

On a light-hearted note we could keep the tune and change it to match Mr Khan's achievements so far.

Khan  took us down, yes took us down
From the place where we belonged
Had no concept of relegation
Khan took us down, and kept us down.

Peabody

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Horse on April 07, 2016, 04:37:46 PM

Was achievement mentioned?
The point, as if you didn't know, was we should be supporting the current setup. What good will it do supporting the past, albeit a very good past?

Chutney

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 07, 2016, 06:18:08 PM
Quote from: Horse on April 07, 2016, 04:37:46 PM

Was achievement mentioned?
The point, as if you didn't know, was we should be supporting the current setup. What good will it do supporting the past, albeit a very good past?

The current set up? .... The set up that have us fighting relegation for the second season in a row after also taking us down from the prem....

What would you like us to sing about them? So far no polite songs come to mind.
C O Y W

BestOfBrede

Good, good, I'm glad you're happy
I hope you enjoy singing the same old, same old
Al fayed, we hate Chelsea etc

Unfortunately it all sounds a bit pathetic!

But hey ho, we apparently don't rate the current setup and therefore have no need to show support for it.

Whatever!

If Khan decides enough is enough, then God knows what will happen and I hope we don't live to regret it! We've been close before!

All I said was it was time we supported the current and future of this club with the chants/songs
Rather than in my mind be detrimental to the current owner, manager and players!

Just my opinion.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on April 07, 2016, 08:36:10 PM
firstly it's good to be 7 pts from the drop zone and i'm looking forward to next season, but i still feel we're a long way from "home" and seems entirely appropriate to me to sing for al fayed to come and take us back there

secondly 'take me home' is an anthem of the best period in our history. i expect it to be sung for a good deal longer, irrespective of how good/bad we're doing

and i'll start "supporting the current setup" if/when they get us to another european cup final

:plus one:

Chutney

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 07, 2016, 09:23:37 PM
Good, good, I'm glad you're happy
I hope you enjoy singing the same old, same old
Al fayed, we hate Chelsea etc

Unfortunately it all sounds a bit pathetic!

But hey ho, we apparently don't rate the current setup and therefore have no need to show support for it.

Whatever!

If Khan decides enough is enough, then God knows what will happen and I hope we don't live to regret it! We've been close before!

All I said was it was time we supported the current and future of this club with the chants/songs
Rather than in my mind be detrimental to the current owner, manager and players!

Just my opinion.

If Khan decides enough is enough we might get an owner without an nfl team who knows a bit about running a successful sports team.

C O Y W

Bronaldinho

Agreed with above.

Matt Smith could do that Zamora, big strong target man, can hold it up and just play his back to goal.

But I can't see Jok implementing that style again. Hodgson laid such a strong foundation with us, everyone worked their socks off and we were direct into Zamora then Gera,Duff, Dempsey would come in to play off him. We scored so many goals just playing that way.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com