watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I just posted this on Facebook

Started by CorkedHat, August 12, 2010, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

I would like it known that five minutes ago I sent off to my editor my completed book, "Though the Earth be Bright with Flowers" which is a chronicle relating the life of one of the bravest and inspirational women I have known – my late wife, Jeannie.This will be available before Christmas

You have no idea how relieved I am
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

wadey

:045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045:

CorkedHat

Quote from: wadey on August 12, 2010, 12:39:43 PM
:045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045: :045:

Wadey - your message at the time has been reprinted in full in the Book. I hope that you don't mind.

epsomraver

I hope it sells well Corkie, will it be available over here in England?

FC Silver Fox

Well done, John. I look forward to reading it.  If its written as well as "Burnt sugar dreaming" then it will be tender, poignant and funny.
  Do take a well deserved break before you get back to completing your next novel.  :010:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

OldBrownShoe

As Corked Hat has said elsewhere, Mrs Shoe has been proofing the pages and I have been giving the book a jolly good read. I should just like to say it is every bit as good a book as you will read this or next year. When it is available do buy it. :54:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

CorkedHat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 12, 2010, 12:53:11 PM
Well done, John. I look forward to reading it.  If its written as well as "Burnt sugar dreaming" then it will be tender, poignant and funny.
  Do take a well deserved break before you get back to completing your next novel.  :010:

Thank you Brian Your message to me at the time has been included in the Book. I appreciated it very much so I trust you don't mind if I include it.
I have received a Government grant to write a book on the older generation who grew up here in Rupanyup- plenty of interviews, reading and more writing, so no peace I'm afraid.
ER - it will be available through the publishers to overseas buyers online. Any problems and you can let me know and I'll send you a copy This way you will get a signed edition!
Thank you OBS - you are very kind. Mrs Shoe. my editor, told me that she has sent you a copy and I look forward to your feedback.

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 12, 2010, 01:02:08 PM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 12, 2010, 12:53:11 PM

Thank you Brian Your message to me at the time has been included in the Book. I appreciated it very much so I trust you don't mind if I include it.
I have received a Government grant to write a book on the older generation who grew up here in Rupanyup- plenty of interviews, reading and more writing, so no peace I'm afraid.
ER - it will be available through the publishers to overseas buyers online. Any problems and you can let me know and I'll send you a copy This way you will get a signed edition!
Thank you OBS - you are very kind. Mrs Shoe. my editor, told me that she has sent you a copy and I look forward to your feedback.

I would love a signed copy! I will email you on Facebook JE. Congratulations for getting it done. You're an inspiration to many of us.

epsomraver

John I would love a signed copy, please let me know the cost and how to pay you by  PM and I will sort it out, cheers mate, Dave

boxhockcycsock

Congratulations!

I was reading the thread a few days ago (called "For those who knew me 5 years ago") about you finishing your book and was really excited to hear it CH. But I didn't comment because although I knew and respected you as a poster on the offal, I don't think we were in contact though e-mail or PM.

You are a tremendous writer and I hope your book is available here in California. I'd love to read it!  :clap_hands:   It really does make my heart beat faster to hear of what you've done and taken from it. I hope to learn from your resolve and good-nature.  :045:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

CorkedHat

Thank you guys.
If anyone wishes to receive a copy with my autographed message I will obtain the copy from the publisher and send it off to you myself. I had to do this with my last novel when the publisher went belly up - but this publisher is more reputable and reliable.
How we do this I shall let you know nearer the time but rest assured Jack, Dave and Mr Box it can be arranged.
Thanks again = it is very much appreciated.
JHE