Tuesday Fulham Stuff (12/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 12, 2016, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Monday Result

Nottm Forest 1-2 Brighton

WhiteJC

Fulham boss on Emerson Hyndman – anyone can change their mind

Joka spins 180 degrees on whether this is the right season for promising Whites talent - and gets rewarded with winner against Cardiff City

Way bacK: Emerson Hyndman gets stuck in

A heartbeat ago Slavisa Jokanovic thought Emerson Hyndman needed protecting from the Championship dogfight.

Fast forward to Saturday, and the young USA international scored the winner against Cardiff.

The Fulham head coach wondered out loud whether the 5ft 7ins would stand up to the buffeting of a relegation scrap .

But after Hyndman stepped up a gear in training, he fought his way back into the reckoning to first get on the bench and come on as a sub against Birmingham and pop up with the injury time winner against the Bluebirds.

Take a look at our fabulous match gallery below.

In the middle of March Joka said: "It's a bad moment for him and a bad moment for us.

"He's 19-year-old; we assess him constantly, and I'm very sure he's going to have a future.

"He has a great potential, but where we are right now...

"He needs more help and we're in the position where the team can't help him enough. We need to find a more comfortable situation for the team and for him."

But now: "I try to use all the players I have apart from (keeper) Joe Lewis, who it's difficult to get minutes for. It's what I have in my hand, and daily I can change my opinion."

A switch of opinion and a first-ever goal for the 19-year-old Texan means Whites are a mere five points from guaranteed Championship safety.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-emerson-hyndman--11167183?

WhiteJC

Skipper's Delight

Scott Parker couldn't hide his delight at Fulham's turnaround on Saturday which saw them secure a third 2-1 victory in eight days.

After a below-par first half which had seen Lex Immers head Cardiff City into the lead, Parker's crisp volley immediately after the restart restored parity, while Emerson Hyndman's stoppage-time strike secured the points.

"There was an amazing atmosphere in the dressing room afterwards," Parker told fulhamfc.com. "We couldn't have had a better week, nine points out of three games, maximum points, so we're absolutely delighted.

"After a tricky first half where they really dominated and put us under a lot of pressure, to come out second half and do what we did was really pleasing.

"I think we all knew at half-time that the intensity wasn't there. We were playing a bit too deep and giving them too much time, so we decided to step up the field a bit more, 15 yards or so, make the pitch a bit smaller, and it worked well for us.

"Everyone involved in the Club, it's for them really; fans, staff. We've obviously been in a bit of a mess over the last few months and that's our responsibility as players. It's not finished obviously but now, after the last week, everyone can take a little bit of a sigh."

The Fulham Captain needed a mere 22 seconds after the restart to haul his side level, and he did it in some style.

Having won a header in the centre circle in an earlier passage of play, Parker made his way forward, before anticipating a delightful chipped pass from Moussa Dembélé. After a burst into the box, he let the ball bounce once before hitting a sweet left-footed volley across David Marshall and into the far corner.

"I made a run and Moussa's put a lovely ball in for me," he recounted. "I just watched it onto my foot and I couldn't have hit it any better.

"As soon as it left my foot it was one of those that you knew was going in, so I was really pleased, really buzzing. They don't come around often so I've got to savour those moments, especially at my age!"

The timing of Parker's strike was crucial to Fulham's resurgence, but they had to wait another 47 minutes for the winner.

It arrived when Hyndman lashed in a great first-time shot after substitute Lasse Vigen Christensen had done superbly to provide a cutback, and Parker was full of praise for his fellow midfielders, amongst others.

"Emmo played really well I thought," he said. "Everyone to a man played well.

"The longer the game goes on and becomes a little bit end to end, we've got certain players in our team who can make a difference; the McCormacks, the Moussas.

"People like Lasse coming on with legs, he always looks a threat and obviously he did very well getting to the byline and pulling it back, and it was a lovely finish from Emmo."

The victory, coupled with results elsewhere, moved Fulham up to 17th in the Sky Bet Championship, a healthy 10 points clear of the relegation places with five games left to play.

Just three matches earlier, a solitary point separated the Whites from the drop zone, and Parker insists his team can take assurance from their recent run of wins.

"Where we were just over a week ago going into the MK Dons game, it was tough for all of us," he admitted. "I think we've all realised what we're capable of now, everyone to a man should realise that, and hopefully we can take good heart and good steps from this.

"We can't live on this, obviously. We'll enjoy the moment but we've got another game coming up against Brighton so we'll look to go again.

"We're four unbeaten now so we're going there in good form and hopefully we'll get a good result."

Secure your seat at Brighton on Friday as the Whites go in search of a fourth consecutive win, with free return travel still available!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/11/skippers-delight?

WhiteJC

Parker thrilled by Fulham's fightback
by DAN on APRIL 11, 2016

Scott Parker was delighted to score a crucial equaliser in Saturday's vital victory over Cardiff City – but the Fulham captain was even more pleased that his side came from behind to beat the promotion contenders and move ten points clear of the Championship relegation zone.

The Fulham skipper struck a superb leveller just seconds into the second half that gave his side real momentum after a lacklustre first half performance. Parker admits that Fulham have been performing well below par in recent months but feels the three important victories over the past week have shown just what Slavisa Jokanovic's side are capable of.

The 35 year-old says the dressing room, just like the famous old ground, was buzzing after Emerson Hyndman's injury time winner.

There was an amazing atmosphere in the dressing room afterwards. We couldn't have had a better week, nine points out of three games, maximum points, so we're absolutely delighted. After a tricky first half where they really dominated and put us under a lot of pressure, to come out second half and do what we did was really pleasing.

I think we all knew at half-time that the intensity wasn't there. We were playing a bit too deep and giving them too much time, so we decided to step up the field a bit more, 15 yards or so, make the pitch a bit smaller, and it worked well for us.

Everyone involved in the club, it's for them really; fans, staff. We've obviously been in a bit of a mess over the last few months and that's our responsibility as players. It's not finished obviously but now, after the last week, everyone can take a little bit of a sigh.

The former West Ham and Tottenham midfielder took special pleasure in a rare goal that came from a move he started by winning an important header in central midfield.

I made a run and Moussa's put a lovely ball in for me. I just watched it onto my foot and I couldn't have hit it any better. As soon as it left my foot it was one of those that you knew was going in, so I was really pleased, really buzzing. They don't come around often so I've got to savour those moments, especially at my age!

He was full of praise for the younger members of Fulham's midfield, especially birthday boy Hyndman and the returning Lasse Vigen Christensen, who made a telling impact as a second half substitute.

Emmo played really well I thought. Everyone to a man played well. People like Lasse coming on with legs, he always looks a threat and obviously he did very well getting to the byline and pulling it back, and it was a lovely finish from Emmo.

Where we were just over a week ago going into the MK Dons game, it was tough for all of us. I think we've all realised what we're capable of now, everyone to a man should realise that, and hopefully we can take good heart and good steps from this.

We can't live on this, obviously. We'll enjoy the moment but we've got another game coming up against Brighton so we'll look to go again. We're four unbeaten now so we're going there in good form and hopefully we'll get a good result.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/04/15728/?

WhiteJC

Fulham FC cuts losses after player sales

A crunch weekend win to stave off relegation fears was not the only result Fulham FC have been celebrating, as it emerged the club have trimmed losses.

The Championship team's loss shrank to £27 million for the year to last June, from £33.2 million the year before, accounts reveal.

A rise in profit from selling some players helped: the club sold goalkeeper David Stockdale to Brighton & Hove Albion during the period.

A reduction in losses came despite turnover shrinking 54% to £42 million in the period, which was the first time Fulham competed outside the Premier League since 2001.

Directors at the club's parent, Fulham Football Leisure, said the west London team are attempting to secure "a return to the Premier League".

Fulham, who beat Cardiff 2-1 on Saturday, are owned by Shahid Khan, who plans to invest in the players.

Most recently Ross McCormack signed a new deal with Fulham, committing him to the club until the summer of 2020.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/fulham-fc-cuts-losses-after-player-sales-a3222451.html

WhiteJC

Dembélé's Nomination

The Football League have announced the three-man shortlist for the annual Young Player of the Year award, and Moussa Dembélé is one of the nominees.

The Frenchman has had an outstanding season for the Whites, finding the back of the net on no fewer than 16 occasions, while he's also provided six assists.

He's up against Leeds United central midfielder Lewis Cook, and Walsall's 18-year-old left-back Rico Henry. The winner will be announced at The Football League Awards in Manchester on Sunday 17th April.

The award is presented to the best player in The Football League under the age of 21, or in the season in which he turned 21, and celebrates the emergence of young playing talent at The Football League's 72 clubs.

"I'm delighted that I've made the shortlist for Young Player of the Year," Dembélé told fulhamfc.com. "I'd like to thank the Head Coach, my teammates, staff and supporters of Fulham Football Club for always giving me plenty of encouragement. I'm touched by all the support."

Last year's winner Dele Alli has gone on to receive international honours and wide acclaim in his first season at Tottenham Hotspur. Gareth Bale (2007) and Fabian Delph (2009) are also internationally recognised previous winners of the award.

The Football League Awards celebrates on and off pitch excellence across The League's 72 clubs, rewarding players, clubs and fans.

Each season, Football League clubs invest more than £60m on identifying, training and educating the next generation of football talent.

There are 8,500 young players between the ages of 8 and 18 registered with League clubs, making Football League Youth Development the largest centrally co-ordinated young player programme in world football. More than 200 players aged 21 or under make their professional debuts for Football League clubs each season.

Commenting on the nominations for Young Player of the Year, Shaun Harvey, Chief Executive of The Football League, said: "We're delighted to announce the shortlist of this hugely prestigious award.

"The strength of the Young Player of the Year shortlist continues to highlight the wealth of young talent that exists throughout The Football League. We wish all three players the very best of luck."

Shortlists for the Sky Bet Players of the Year in each division will be announced through the week. For the first time this year the Awards will also recognise the best 11 players and manager from across the 72 clubs, with the 'Football Manager Team of the Season' to be announced on the night.

Other categories include the Johnstone's Paint Community Club of the Year, Capital One Supporter of the Year, the Mitre Goal of the Year, Football Manager Team of the Year and the Sir Tom Finney Award.

Live updates as the winners are announced will be provided via The Football League's Twitter page, @football_league, on Sunday evening, with the Awards ceremony broadcast live on The Football League YouTube channel from 8.45pm.

To find out more about The Football League Awards, and for a full list of award categories, visit FLAwards.com or search #FLAwards.

Previous Football League Young Player of the Year winners are:

2015: Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons)

2014: Will Hughes (Derby County)

2013: Thomas Ince (Blackpool)

2012: Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

2011: Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)

2010: Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace)

2009: Fabian Delph (Leeds United)

2008: Michael Kightly (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

2007: Gareth Bale (Southampton)

2006: David Nugent (Preston North End)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/11/dembeles-nomination?

WhiteJC

It`s Now Time for Fulham to Push On

Although we`re now ten points clear of the side (MK Dons) lying in the third from bottom slot that leads to relegation, Fulham are not mathematically safe from relegation.

To be sure Fulham need to accumulate another five points and our match-winner, from Saturday, Emerson Hyndman, has re-iterated that the club, having won three on the bounce, needs to push on, commenting,

"We need to push on. It`s not been the best season but we`re showing what we are capable of now.

"We had a rough couple of months and knew we had good players who could turn this around very quickly.

"We were battling and grinding results out but here we showed a bit of quality. We are all on the same page and know what we need to do."

Now I wonder, could we go the remainder of the season unbeaten?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=442388#ixzz45anNubdj

WhiteJC

EVANS COMPARES COOK TO DEMBELE – AND CLAIMS LEEDS STAR IS BETTER

Steve Evans believes Lewis Cook has no real competition for the Football League Young Player of the Year award.

Cook is on the three man shortlist for the coveted award and will compete with Fulham striker Moussa Dembele and Walsall left-back Rico Henry for the honour.

Dele Alli and Gareth Bale are among a host of previous distinguished winners and Evans is adamant that Cook will be able to brush aside his rivals for the crown.

"Are there any other nominees?" said Evans speaking to LUTV. "There shouldn't be, should there? There is only one.

"He's got everything. That's why he was the subject of multi-million pound offers from different clubs in the January window. He's a fantastic talent, he's a fantastic kid, he's a winner.

"Technically he's magnificent. He's got a huge desire and a huge heart to play football and a real example of the type of player we want to have hear at Leeds United."

Cook has been the stand-out performer for Leeds this season and a very bright spark in an otherwise bleak season.

The 19-year-old has racked up 41 appearances and two goals for Leeds in all competitions this campaign.

His nearest competitor for the gong will probably be Fulham's striking sensation Dembele, who has scored 14 Championship goals as well as collecting seven assists in the league.

White hot: Dembele has been magnificent for Fulham this season

Dembele's move to Tottenham collapsed in January, but he is out of contract in the summer so Fulham will find it difficult to hang on to their 19-year-old forward once the summer transfer window opens.

The final contender is League One prospect, Henry who has been mooted to follow in the footsteps of former lower league stars, Jamie Vardy and Alli.

However, Evans does not see Dembele or Henry as a challenge for Cook and believes the midfielder's talents stretch far beyond that of his fellow nominee.

The 53-year-old said: "There will be some good other nominees, but my point of view is that if Lewis doesn't win it, I'll be really, really surprised. He's just simply top class."

http://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-news-cook-shoe-in-for-award-insists-evans/?