more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our current Dembele....

Started by Domino 1879, April 14, 2016, 10:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

It could mean a loan back.

In January when Slavisa said he would keep Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack, he didn't necessarily mean permanently. The hitch in the Tottenham deal was over Dembele being loaned back for the rest of the season - this could be presumed as Slavisa saying he stays until the end of the season or no deal.

I would rather Dembele signed a new contract where we could get a more appropriate (and immediate) transfer fee, but a loan would be a solid deal for us (though I think we should add a competitive, permanent striker also).

I don't know why you wouldn't want to play for Slavisa; on Saturday I wanted to go out onto the pitch and "go to war" for him.

BedsFFC

I think the work will be centred around him signing a new deal and not necessarily staying. FFP and all that.

grandad

I feel that all our young prospects should sign decent length contracts with realistic release clauses. We spend a lot of time & money on developing them so it is the least they should do.
Saha & VDS did it so we could get decent fees for them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cmg

Whereas there is no limit to the length of contract signed by a Saha or a EVDS, a 17 year old signing his first pro contract, which Dembele was in July 2013, is limited to a maximum of 3 years.
I believe Moussa signed for 2 years plus a 1 year option, which is effectively the same and takes us up to the end of this season. He could not have been signed for longer.

It's good that there is still a faint hope that he might re-sign even with a mutually agreed 'escape' clause.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on April 14, 2016, 12:26:17 PM

Whereas there is no limit to the length of contract signed by a Saha or a EVDS, a 17 year old signing his first pro contract, which Dembele was in July 2013, is limited to a maximum of 3 years.
I believe Moussa signed for 2 years plus a 1 year option, which is effectively the same and takes us up to the end of this season. He could not have been signed for longer.

It's good that there is still a faint hope that he might re-sign even with a mutually agreed 'escape' clause.
This is 100% correct. A length of a contract to a 17 year old takes into account the season he is signing in plus 2 years max. Be that a 3 year or a 2 year plus option like Dembele signed.
The reason it can be different is also based on their 'home grown' status apparently and nationality.EU players rules are different to non EU.
In an ideal world you would like to sign these guys up for 5 years at 17, and you read that all the time from fans. But it just cant be done. At 18 its different and you can go for a longer contract, but depending on their birthday, that could be close to end of their 2nd season and with a year left do they want to commit?

Wearethewhites

Dembele' came out and publicly said that he wanted to stay at Fulham, but at the time, wasn't getting any first team football, Club dragged their heals with a new contact, we're now in the situation that we're in, same with Hyndman.

Surprisingly, things have changed under Jokanovic', and BOTH players seem to be developing under his tenure, so who knows, maybe Dembele' and Hyndman may have a change of heart.   

ToodlesMcToot

I will be floored if SJ and Fulham can convince this kid to stay another season. My hope of hopes right now is that he stays in England and we get better compensation when he goes to the PL.

Him staying is in the realm of fantasy, for me, right now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Finnegans Wake

I think Jokanovic has said exactly the right thing. First team game time is the one thing we can offer that the other `bigger` clubs (realistically) cant. He must know that, at this stage of his career, that`s the most important thing.

EricB

I would not be surprised if there is some truth in the Dembele to chelsea story.  That could be why SJ is upbeat about keeping him at Fulham next season ( ..on loan from chelsea).

Nero

Quote from: EricB on April 14, 2016, 05:38:52 PM
I would not be surprised if there is some truth in the Dembele to chelsea story.  That could be why SJ is upbeat about keeping him at Fulham next season ( ..on loan from chelsea).

Oh Yes that mecca for bringing through young talent,  If I was an agent or a father I wouldn't let my child anywhere near that club, they just stockpile youngsters it a business plan load them out get fees in get wages covered sell them for a profit at the end.