watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We badly need a new keeper

Started by PokerMatt, April 16, 2016, 09:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Agree we should never have sold Stockdale.  That was a bad move on our part. 

Just my opinion but as I said above I still don't think Betts is that bad.  I don't think looking for a keeper should be our priority.  Again if we could get Green once he is out of contract I think that would be a good piece of business.  It would also be competition for Betts on being number one. 

I also still think if we could get a good solid back line along with a team that actually defends as a team then Betts would be more than adequate for FFC to push for promotion. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

As someone said previously you can put the nets keeper in the world behind the worse defence and he would let in goals. Personally for me Betts doesn't command his area that well but then neither does Lonners.

If we look to buy a keeper there is a lad at Southend called Bentley and he has a lot of good things going for him, he is young and is still learning to a degree but has been bloodied well by Southend and has over 150 first team appearances at the age of 21 (I think)
Every day is a Fulham day

ffc73

The stand out stupid of the catalogue of stupid and just plain dumb decisions in the debacle that is the the club I love was to sell David Stockdale

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2016, 07:16:55 PM
That has to be Daniel Bentley 22, he has kept 12 clean sheets so far this season, and Everton are keeping a close eye on him.
Could get him for around £375,000 at the moment. But I would imagine Phil Brown will want to hang on to him.
Yep it is, Southend are my local team, seen him a lot over the last 2 seasons and he is very good. Fee is a strange one, they turned down 1.25 million in the summer and he was and still is in the last year of his contract. Brown stated this week they will make him one final contract offer.

As a side note Phil Brown is a top guy, I sometimes go to watch the training sessions with my son and he is simply an outstanding guy and very  open and honest with people.

They also have a fairly decent left back in Coker.

Mince n Tatties

Just watched the goals on FL Show.
Betts was all over the place,he seemed to go down
In slow motion for their second,he wasnt clever at the
Fifth as well,sure he thought it was going past.

Riversider

I don't agree with a lot of points made by the OP but I will say this about Betts, his distribution last night was absolutely abysmal, the amount of Brighton attacks that started with a Betts clearance was unacceptable , I'm not in the get rid camp (though we could do better) but next season is a big season for him and he MUST show signs of improvement, if he doesn't then a change will need to be made for 17/18
As for those on here saying that Betts doesn't command his box and that we should have kept Stockdale, you people have got very short memories, Stockdale was s**t at commanding his box and very rarely went past his six yard box !

domprague

:plus one:
Quote from: FFC73 on April 16, 2016, 07:25:52 PM
The stand out stupid of the catalogue of stupid and just plain dumb decisions in the debacle that is the the club I love was to sell David Stockdale
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

westcliff white

Quote from: Riversider on April 16, 2016, 09:30:18 PM
I don't agree with a lot of points made by the OP but I will say this about Betts, his distribution last night was absolutely abysmal, the amount of Brighton attacks that started with a Betts clearance was unacceptable , I'm not in the get rid camp (though we could do better) but next season is a big season for him and he MUST show signs of improvement, if he doesn't then a change will need to be made for 17/18
As for those on here saying that Betts doesn't command his box and that we should have kept Stockdale, you people have got very short memories, Stockdale was s**t at commanding his box and very rarely went past his six yard box !
I wasn't having a go and saying stockers was better at commanding his box, I have said on many keeper posts that we have suffered from this for a long time, even shwarzer wasn't the best at it but he was far better than anyone since he left.

He played behind a far better defence though so perhaps that helps