watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thinking about FFP and all that

Started by BedsFFC, April 18, 2016, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Obviously with Villa and one of Newcastle, Norwich or Sunderland coming down, I was wondering how they intend to deal with FFP.

Anyway, that got my thinking about QPR. When are they going to get their punishment? Or have I missed something

f321ffc

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 18, 2016, 01:10:46 PM
Obviously with Villa and one of Newcastle, Norwich or Sunderland coming down, I was wondering how they intend to deal with FFP.

Anyway, that got my thinking about QPR. When are they going to get their punishment? Or have I missed something
Was wondering the same thing about the boys from the bush, not heard anything about their punishment.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HatterDon

I read or heard somewhere that Villa had the 8th highest wage bill in the Premier League. They can't sustain that. I think it would be a miracle for them to come back up immediately.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on April 18, 2016, 01:13:39 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on April 18, 2016, 01:10:46 PM

Was wondering the same thing about the boys from the bush, not heard anything about their punishment.

Thought they avoided the huge hit and were fined something like 8 or 10 million.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on April 18, 2016, 02:34:20 PM
I read or heard somewhere that Villa had the 8th highest wage bill in the Premier League. They can't sustain that. I think it would be a miracle for them to come back up immediately.

They are certainly going to have to get it together quickly to have a chance at getting promoted next season. For sale and half their board jumping ship cant mean good things are going on backstage.   .....though I'm sure the Villains will gladly be rid of Lerner at this point.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

H4usuallysitting

The lawyers are still sorting the QPR FFP shambles......might be concluded before this season finishes, but it could roll on and on

love4ffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 18, 2016, 08:32:46 PM
The lawyers are still sorting the QPR FFP shambles......might be concluded before this season finishes, but it could roll on and on
And this is the problem with FFP.  There are no clear cut rules and punishment that can't be argued against by lawyers.  It will be in limbo probably for a long time before it is sorted out which is just ridiculous in itself. 

As I said in another thread, FFP is a joke that has unwanted consequences that prevent clubs with the means and the will to get promoted.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?