watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan net worth more than doubled after buying Fulham

Started by ..FOF.., April 18, 2016, 11:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

So he has been busy in places other than the Cottage.

Fulham76

The best advice he was ever given is 'make sure you make money'. I wonder how he plans to do that with Fulham?

J.Perkins

Khan is a very successful business man, who has and is continuing pumping money into the club. The fact that he's going ahead with developing the Riverside and Motspur is evident to that.

The FFP restrictions in this league are limiting what Khan can actually provide. If we had stayed up under Magath, I believe we'd be in a similar situation to West Ham.

This summer will hopefully be a very interesting one, with SJ building his team. We could go spending crazy, but we'd have to guarantee promotion.

Logicalman

Does the OP write headlines for the Sun and other such papers then? If not, there's definately a job there waiting.  :005:

Though factually true as it appears, the inference of the title implies that buying Fulham contributed in some major way to that increase in personal wealth, which I doubt very much, though I really wish were true, then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. Then again, he might also have purchased a packet of peanuts from Walmart in that time as well!

It does go to show that he has, and remains committed to, other irons in the fire, though how much he being here, or elsewhere, doesn't really give us much in the way of his actual commitment to his Fulham going concern (or not quite going concern one might say). At the end of the day, he still owns the club, has the final say in it's running (and to who will make day-to-day decisions), and the buck does stop with him, as it does for every one of his businesses, be they in sport or elsewhere.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cookieg

Perhaps he needed to build up a huge "war chest" to take us to the next level and beyond......

EricB

We must be his lucky charm!  ......................shame he is not ours!!    :016:

Beamer

Quote from: Logicalman on April 18, 2016, 02:52:58 PM

Does the OP write headlines for the Sun and other such papers then? If not, there's definately a job there waiting.  :005:

Though factually true as it appears, the inference of the title implies that buying Fulham contributed in some major way to that increase in personal wealth, which I doubt very much, though I really wish were true, then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. Then again, he might also have purchased a packet of peanuts from Walmart in that time as well!

It does go to show that he has, and remains committed to, other irons in the fire, though how much he being here, or elsewhere, doesn't really give us much in the way of his actual commitment to his Fulham going concern (or not quite going concern one might say). At the end of the day, he still owns the club, has the final say in it's running (and to who will make day-to-day decisions), and the buck does stop with him, as it does for every one of his businesses, be they in sport or elsewhere.

Actually it appears several billion bucks stop with him.

WayneKerrins

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 18, 2016, 12:09:57 PM
Khan is a very successful business man, who has and is continuing pumping money into the club. The fact that he's going ahead with developing the Riverside and Motspur is evident to that.

The FFP restrictions in this league are limiting what Khan can actually provide. If we had stayed up under Magath, I believe we'd be in a similar situation to West Ham.

This summer will hopefully be a very interesting one, with SJ building his team. We could go spending crazy, but we'd have to guarantee promotion.

The FFP rules don't limit anyone. You can break them with your eyes open and prosper like Bournemouth, temporarily ascend like QPR then argue on the ruling, gamble like Boro etc etc.

You can keep within them.

Or you can just break them like we did and get an embargo.

Obviously what we did was the worst option in keeping with Khancer's reign of doom

ron

He probably thought as much of his spend on buying the club as I did of the 1/6d I lashed out on one of those little plastic star-shaped brooches of Johnny Haynes in the 'sixties.

...and he hasn't given it that much more thought since..... 

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2016, 07:44:08 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 18, 2016, 02:52:58 PM
the inference of the title implies that buying Fulham contributed in some major way to that increase in personal wealth

not sure how/why you'd infer that, i certainly didn't. bit harsh on the op

all i infer from this is that spending half a day in london every few months hasn't distracted khan from his other business

.. and that's why we are different people who support the same club!   :005:   082.gif   078.gif   049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on April 18, 2016, 05:06:28 PM
He probably thought as much of his spend on buying the club as I did of the 1/6d I lashed out on one of those little plastic star-shaped brooches of Johnny Haynes in the 'sixties.

...and he hasn't given it that much more thought since.....

Dunno, I think he has given it many thoughts, but, unfortunately, he's failed to arrive at the correct ones!

..FOF..

Not inferring anything actually, just stating an interesting fact that I read recently :)