Main Menu

Many will hate reading this, but it's true none the less

Started by HatterDon, April 16, 2016, 08:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Carborundum on April 17, 2016, 10:07:16 AM
Quote from: win-dup on April 17, 2016, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: SP on April 16, 2016, 08:15:19 PM
Indeed, this season can't end soon enough.  The temporary demise of Chels is helping though.

Very true but unfortunately we have felt the same for the last three seasons. What makes anyone think thing's are going to get better? On what, if anything, is anyone optimistic about our future?
OK, I'll bite.

Firstly, I enjoy the football in the Championship and 23 home games next season should generate plenty of entertainment. 

Secondly, we have a manager who sees things that I see and unlike predecessors does something about it.

Thirdly we have an owner who has spent right up to, and indeed beyond, FFP limits.  There are many worse out there.

Fourthly, the FFP / premier league financial overhang is coming to an end.  The last of the mega contracts (Parker) ends this summer. 

Fifthly, in Craven Cottage we have a home that is a peach of a ground.

Sixthly, the sun is shining outside as I write this

Seventhly, I have an optimistic nature.

No mention of the players in any of the above.  We have some good'uns, but this is not the thread to debate identities and merits.

Very well said.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Carborundum

Quote from: win-dup on April 18, 2016, 09:43:17 AM
Indeed, this season can't end soon enough.  The temporary demise of Chels is helping though.

Very true but unfortunately we have felt the same for the last three seasons. What makes anyone think thing's are going to get better? On what, if anything, is anyone optimistic about our future?
OK, I'll bite.

Firstly, I enjoy the football in the Championship and 23 home games next season should generate plenty of entertainment. 

Secondly, we have a manager who sees things that I see and unlike predecessors does something about it.

Thirdly we have an owner who has spent right up to, and indeed beyond, FFP limits.  There are many worse out there.

Fourthly, the FFP / premier league financial overhang is coming to an end.  The last of the mega contracts (Parker) ends this summer. 

No mention of the players in any of the above.  We have some good'uns, but this is not the thread to debate identities and merits.

Well, you must be my kidnapped at birth twin Carborundum because I feel much the same, but many of the positives you've listed above have been in place for three seasons, and it ain't been good has it?
Now you are getting to the heart of things. Hope and despair.  Two sides of the same coin.  Doubt I'm the only football fan who feels drawn to them like a moth to the flame.

These are weighty matters. Real life hands us some moments of deep and utter despair.  Whilst I have experienced some of them, never have I viewed football in the same context.  I'm respectful that some reading this may be feeling deep despair, maybe about football, maybe caused by something else.  Deeply respectful.

Logicalman

Quote from: win-dup on April 18, 2016, 09:43:17 AM

OK, I'll bite.

Well, you must be my kidnapped at birth twin Carborundum because I feel much the same, but many of the positives you've listed above have been in place for three seasons, and it ain't been good has it?

So they kidnapped the optimistic one then win-dup?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Shredhead

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 17, 2016, 09:18:21 AM
Am I the only supporter who wasn't bothered about Friday? I know for certain I would have been more annoyed if I was at the game spending my money but I really didn't care which is rare for me. It's been such a draining season AGAIN, that I have the attitude I can't wait for the season to end and then start being optimistic for next season.
You're lucky you don't live in Brighton and have to put up with their 'fans' giving you gip and getting so smug about promotion. 7 of the 9 ST holders I know there were supporting other clubs 5 years ago. I've never wanted the HaHas to win as much as tonight but they must have got confused and thought they were playing us. I wasproud of our support on Friday and the side let us down massively.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Shredhead

The  highlight of the evening was meeting Micky Adams in the queue at Brighton station.  Really good bloke.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC