more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Stoke City to rename Britannia Stadium

Started by gezkc, April 21, 2016, 05:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkc

It'll now be the Bet365 stadium.

When I read stories like this, I realise how lucky we are. I know Bet365 are the owners, but if I was a Stoke fan, I'd hate it (though admittedly, the Britannia stadium was just named after a corporation too).

Craven Cottage may have its drawbacks, but we really are lucky to have such an historic venue as our stadium. I just hope there isn't a condition in the Riverside stand development to rename it the Visit Florida stadium!  :58:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-36103874

fulhamben

I'd hate it if we renamed, and I'd never call it anything other than the cottage anyway
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Just as well cigarette advertising is banned or it could have been the Craven A Cottage.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

love4ffc

Pray we don't end up the Flexgate Craven Cottage.   :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: love4ffc on April 21, 2016, 07:52:14 PM

Well think of it this way, if they sponsor us, we might all get free bumpers. So every cloud
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on April 21, 2016, 08:03:10 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on April 21, 2016, 07:52:14 PM

Well think of it this way, if they sponsor us, we might all get free bumpers. So every cloud
but unlikely, do they even trade outside of the states.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zendra

As long as its developed they can call it the Fanny Craddock stand for all I care .  Hopefully we can have a bit of modernisation inside the JH as well as I don't think a lot has changed in there since we played Minerva in 1896.  Incidently we won 4-0 that game  but I'm dashed if I can ever  find it on You Tube.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Zendra on April 21, 2016, 11:01:38 PM
Incidently we won 4-0 that game  but I'm dashed if I can ever  find it on You Tube.

It was there, but taken down for copyright issues ;)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

As long as its developed they can call it the Fanny Craddock stand for all I care .  Hopefully we can have a bit of modernisation inside the JH as well as I don't think a lot has changed in there since we played Minerva in 1896.  Incidently we won 4-0 that game  but I'm dashed if I can ever  find it on You Tube.

Isn't that the magic and charm of the JH stand though? The fact that it is as untouched as is safe to do so maintains the historical factor which makes it so unique.  If it's modern fans want the Riverside will be the place to go but I think that's pretty neat. The old blended with the new centred and named after the thing that unites all fulham fans....The Cottage. 

I'd rather not extend the capacity if the sacrifice was to rename to fund it. Just like West ham moving ground just like that because they are driven by money and success. There isn't a club in the country who cherishes their ground like we do and I hope the naming rights are always treated with the respect the fans deserve.

I wonder if any of our members attended that very first match. Part of me wouldn't be surprised lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Newcastle did the same thing a few seasons back, but I've never heard anyone refer to it as anything but St. James' Park
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

gezkc

Quote from: HatterDon on April 22, 2016, 04:18:12 AM
Newcastle did the same thing a few seasons back, but I've never heard anyone refer to it as anything but St. James' Park

I'm not sure if that ever actually happened, or whether it was Mike Ashley's intention to rename it and he was then forced to make a hasty u-turn in his plans. All the signage on the stadium currently says St James' Park (thankfully).

Twig

We are very fortunate to be able to enjoy an historic, charming and frankly iconic stadium. It was spruced up quite nicely for our return after the QPR dumpshare.  Admitedly there are some areas behind the scenes that could do with some further tidying up but I would hate to see anything that compromised the unique tradition of the Cottage that I love.

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2016, 11:09:22 PM

Isn't that the magic and charm of the JH stand though? The fact that it is as untouched as is safe to do so maintains the historical factor which makes it so unique.  If it's modern fans want the Riverside will be the place to go but I think that's pretty neat. The old blended with the new centred and named after the thing that unites all fulham fans....The Cottage. 

I'd rather not extend the capacity if the sacrifice was to rename to fund it. Just like West ham moving ground just like that because they are driven by money and success. There isn't a club in the country who cherishes their ground like we do and I hope the naming rights are always treated with the respect the fans deserve.

I wonder if any of our members attended that very first match. Part of me wouldn't be surprised lol
While I sit in the JH stand and love it, we all need to step back and realise its really not fit for purpose in the 21st Century.
Seats are far too small. Compare them to Brighton or Arsenal for example. People are bigger and we need more space.

We need to keep the front of the stand, but personally I'd be looking to remove the rest of it and rebuild a modern one/two tier stand on the that side. Clear sight lines and better facilities. It will be the last part of the stadium that ever gets improved, but it needs doing.

Burt

Quote from: gezkc on April 22, 2016, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 22, 2016, 04:18:12 AM

I'm not sure if that ever actually happened, or whether it was Mike Ashley's intention to rename it and he was then forced to make a hasty u-turn in his plans. All the signage on the stadium currently says St James' Park (thankfully).

Weird one this because all the signage, references in the website banners, etc. state St James" Park, but take a look at the section on the website around the history of the stadium and it strikes a different note:

"In November 2011, Newcastle United announced plans to licence the full naming rights to the stadium, in order to generate additional commercial revenue from advertising and sponsorship. And until a sponsor is found who will be granted full naming rights, the stadium would be named the Sports Direct Arena".

filham

Quote from: Twig on April 22, 2016, 11:58:20 AM
We are very fortunate to be able to enjoy an historic, charming and frankly iconic stadium. It was spruced up quite nicely for our return after the QPR dumpshare.  Admitedly there are some areas behind the scenes that could do with some further tidying up but I would hate to see anything that compromised the unique tradition of the Cottage that I love.

Yes, you are right Twig but I think modernisation of the JH stand is a long way off, meanwhile I am quite happy to suffer the discomfort knowing that I am occupying an old historic seat in an older part of our beloved Cottage.

Carborundum

Quote from: MJG on April 22, 2016, 12:36:58 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2016, 11:09:22 PM

While I sit in the JH stand and love it, we all need to step back and realise its really not fit for purpose in the 21st Century.
Seats are far too small. Compare them to Brighton or Arsenal for example. People are bigger and we need more space.

We need to keep the front of the stand, but personally I'd be looking to remove the rest of it and rebuild a modern one/two tier stand on the that side. Clear sight lines and better facilities. It will be the last part of the stadium that ever gets improved, but it needs doing.

May I politely suggest that we don't need to do any of that to the JH stand.  The small wooden seat I sit on can stay put and from time to time does a decent job of reminding me that I might need to eat a bit less.  If we could go back to standing, I'd have even less space and be delighted.

The trouble with having bigger seats is that sure as night follows day, you know some management Herbert is going to suggest that this back-side related enhancement to the match day experience should result in higher ticket prices. 

No thanks.

WhiteJC

West Ham set to announce 'Ann Summers Arena' as Olympic Stadium name

West Ham are set to announce a multi-million sponsorship deal to rename the Olympic Stadium as the Ann Summers Arena.

Excitement is building as West Ham prepare to bid farewell to Upton Park in May and move to Stratford to the home of the 2012 Olympics in time for the 2016/17 Premier League season.

Their owners have long been looking to follow in the footsteps of London rivals Arsenal and acquire a stadium sponsor to hold the naming rights to the 60,000 capacity ground.

And it will be no surprise to supporters to hear that Ann Summers, the store known for its lingerie and sex toys, will be announced as the chosen company in the coming days.

Co-chairman David Gold owns the parent company of Ann Summers and lingerie chain Knickerbox while daughter Jacqueline is the company's CEO.

Ann Summers now boasts 140 stores across the UK and Ireland have turnover more than £140 million a year.

Betway are the current shirt sponsors of the Hammers until the end of the 2018/19 season in a deal said to be worth over £5.75 million per season but details about the extent of Ann Summers' financial investment in the stadium renaming remain under wraps.

(As I'm sure you all noticed this was an April Fool, but with a stadium sponsor yet to be announced you never know...)

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/west-ham/west_ham_set_to_announce_ann_summers_arena_as_olympic_stadium_name_1_4478497
Copyright © LONDON24

aaronmcguigan

Guys we can't keep a shirt sponsor for longer than 3 years, same with kit supplier. stadium naming rights are usually long term deals so I think we are safe there. Either there's a problem with sponsor relations or there's just no affinity with the club or local area. like Britannia/bet365 based in Stoke

Then again does anyone actually refer to valley parade as the coral Windows stadium and bournemouths ground as vitality stadium ???

alexbishop

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 23, 2016, 08:53:48 AM

West Ham set to announce 'Ann Summers Arena' as Olympic Stadium name

West Ham are set to announce a multi-million sponsorship deal to rename the Olympic Stadium as the Ann Summers Arena.

Excitement is building as West Ham prepare to bid farewell to Upton Park in May and move to Stratford to the home of the 2012 Olympics in time for the 2016/17 Premier League season.

Their owners have long been looking to follow in the footsteps of London rivals Arsenal and acquire a stadium sponsor to hold the naming rights to the 60,000 capacity ground.

And it will be no surprise to supporters to hear that Ann Summers, the store known for its lingerie and sex toys, will be announced as the chosen company in the coming days.

Co-chairman David Gold owns the parent company of Ann Summers and lingerie chain Knickerbox while daughter Jacqueline is the company's CEO.

Ann Summers now boasts 140 stores across the UK and Ireland have turnover more than £140 million a year.

Betway are the current shirt sponsors of the Hammers until the end of the 2018/19 season in a deal said to be worth over £5.75 million per season but details about the extent of Ann Summers' financial investment in the stadium renaming remain under wraps.

(As I'm sure you all noticed this was an April Fool, but with a stadium sponsor yet to be announced you never know...)

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/west-ham/west_ham_set_to_announce_ann_summers_arena_as_olympic_stadium_name_1_4478497
Copyright © LONDON24

Was that posted on April fools?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop