more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Me banging on about manager impact again

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 24, 2016, 12:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Joka

Played 22, Won 6, Drawn 6, Lost 10  - Win 22%.....from 22 games 24 points (66 points max)

Warnock

Played 14, Won 6,   Drawn 6,   Lost 2 - Win 42.6%.......from 14 games 24 points (42 points max)

Are Rotherham a better team than ours?

Rotherham were below us before Joka took over

Is it quite simply that Warnock is a better manager than Joka?

fulhamben

Maybe, but you would be a little weird to want Warnock as your manager
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

Warnock is a better impact manager, does well with limited resources, 4-4-2, lump it up top, keeps the defence tight. Yes, he's done well, we all feel a bit jealous right now, but in the long run, we have the better coach.

No disrespect to Rotherham, their ambition is to stay in the Champuonship, and avoid relegation, so Warnocks the ideal manager for them.

Having fallen short this season, our vision is more about next season, and having a coach that can mix it up top, Jokanovic is the guy.

Rotherham and Warnock will revert to type, that I'm 100% sure about.

colinwhite

If warnock had taken the vacant job at our club we would be down now as Ross ,Mousa and others would have left in january . He has done brilliantly with Rotherham and i am not trying to take that away from him , but i dont believe he would have that effect on this team , as the players would not have bought into  his approach.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2016, 01:00:43 PM
Maybe, but you would be a little weird to want Warnock as your manager

Are Rotherham a better team than ours?

Is it quite simply that Warnock is a better manager than Joka?

I must conclude that your answer is YES, Warnock is a better manager than Joka

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: colinwhite on April 24, 2016, 01:12:38 PM
If warnock had taken the vacant job at our club we would be down now as Ross ,Mousa and others would have left in january . He has done brilliantly with Rotherham and i am not trying to take that away from him , but i dont believe he would have that effect on this team , as the players would not have bought into  his approach.

Where do you think we will finish next season under Joka?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 24, 2016, 01:11:07 PM
Warnock is a better impact manager, does well with limited resources, 4-4-2, lump it up top, keeps the defence tight. Yes, he's done well, we all feel a bit jealous right now, but in the long run, we have the better coach.

No disrespect to Rotherham, their ambition is to stay in the Champuonship, and avoid relegation, so Warnocks the ideal manager for them.

Having fallen short this season, our vision is more about next season, and having a coach that can mix it up top, Jokanovic is the guy.

Rotherham and Warnock will revert to type, that I'm 100% sure about.

Where do you think we will finish next season under Joka?

Baszab

I don't think we will finish next season with SJ - everyone will gradually realise that he is the "Emperor's new clothes" - no substance to back up his large pay packet

FPT

Well Slavisa Jokanovic went ugly for a period with that 442 that saw Tunnicliffe on the wing with Stearman and Ream as full backs. That saw us go three wins on the bounce.

Rotherham are happy be the ugly ducklings of the division and their team suits that style of play. They have proper full backs, they have wide players willing to put in a shift and get down the line too. Their central midfielders are unspectacular but hardworking.

At the start of Slavisa Jokanovic's reign, relegation still wasn't a real reality. We had just beaten Rotherham and knew we had the players to at least claw away (which we did). He started off trying to get the players to play how he wanted; the intensity, the possession based football - started with a 433. We then settled somewhat into a 352 which saw wins vs. QPR, Charlton. At Reading we dabbled with a 4231; and after a loss to Bristol City, we went to Birmingham to grind, to fight and pick up points. We did so successfully, going on a run of one loss in six matches.

Slavisa Jokanovic has shown his ability to be tactically flexible and to get points when we needed them most. In the long term, Jokanovic will have us playing some beautiful, winning football.

This is not to discredit Neil Warnock - both coaches have been promoted from the Championship (Warnock twice). You don't do that without having some ability as a football coach.

At the end of the day, Jokanovic done what he was put into a position of what he needed to do. After Kit was sacked, we went 8 matches without a manager, the players had little direction, no knowledge of their future and no hunger to be frank; and by the time we finally got a head coach - promotion was a long stretch and we were starting from step one again.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: FPT on April 24, 2016, 01:53:58 PM
Well Slavisa Jokanovic went ugly for a period with that 442 that saw Tunnicliffe on the wing with Stearman and Ream as full backs. That saw us go three wins on the bounce.

Rotherham are happy be the ugly ducklings of the division and their team suits that style of play. They have proper full backs, they have wide players willing to put in a shift and get down the line too. Their central midfielders are unspectacular but hardworking.

At the start of Slavisa Jokanovic's reign, relegation still wasn't a real reality. We had just beaten Rotherham and knew we had the players to at least claw away (which we did). He started off trying to get the players to play how he wanted; the intensity, the possession based football - started with a 433. We then settled somewhat into a 352 which saw wins vs. QPR, Charlton. At Reading we dabbled with a 4231; and after a loss to Bristol City, we went to Birmingham to grind, to fight and pick up points. We did so successfully, going on a run of one loss in six matches.

Slavisa Jokanovic has shown his ability to be tactically flexible and to get points when we needed them most. In the long term, Jokanovic will have us playing some beautiful, winning football.

This is not to discredit Neil Warnock - both coaches have been promoted from the Championship (Warnock twice). You don't do that without having some ability as a football coach.

At the end of the day, Jokanovic done what he was put into a position of what he needed to do. After Kit was sacked, we went 8 matches without a manager, the players had little direction, no knowledge of their future and no hunger to be frank; and by the time we finally got a head coach - promotion was a long stretch and we were starting from step one again.

Warnock wasn't the Manager at Rotherham when we beat them - i'm trying to establish if Joka or Warnock are the better Manager.....

Warnock became Manager of Rotherham when Rotherham were in 22nd place with 25 points - we were in 17th place with 32 points......since then we are now 21st with 48 points, Rotherham are now 19th place with 49 points.....in that time we have taken 16 points and Rotherham have taken 24 points.....I must conclude that Rotherham currently have the better Manager

FPT

I know Warnock was in charge. That comment was more regards the beating of Rotherham making relegation distant. It literally comes after the sentence where I make that point.

I'm not convinced that I can buy into the argument of points = better manager for the reasons posted. Neil Warnock had a squad built for ugly style; and his remit from day one was to stay in the Championship. The grind started from the day he was appointed; for Slavisa, there were still faint hopes of climbing the table and he went about it testing different things out and trying to get the boys playing how he wanted. When results reached a point of relegation being very real - we went to that uglier style and was successful. Really, we could play two banks of four, or a 451; stick back and lump weekly but I don't want to see that. I'd rather see us falter trying to play well and entertain than succeed with ugliness. Ask West Brom fans with Tony Pulis; they don't want that awful nonsense anymore.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: FPT on April 24, 2016, 03:00:15 PM
I know Warnock was in charge. That comment was more regards the beating of Rotherham making relegation distant. It literally comes after the sentence where I make that point.

I'm not convinced that I can buy into the argument of points = better manager for the reasons posted. Neil Warnock had a squad built for ugly style; and his remit from day one was to stay in the Championship. The grind started from the day he was appointed; for Slavisa, there were still faint hopes of climbing the table and he went about it testing different things out and trying to get the boys playing how he wanted. When results reached a point of relegation being very real - we went to that uglier style and was successful. Really, we could play two banks of four, or a 451; stick back and lump weekly but I don't want to see that. I'd rather see us falter trying to play well and entertain than succeed with ugliness. Ask West Brom fans with Tony Pulis; they don't want that awful nonsense anymore.

So, you'd prefer us to go down and play pretty football....do you remember Greece in Euro 2004

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 02:55:58 PM
Warnock is one of the very best managers at this level so I don't see what you'd infer from Jokanovic not doing any better. Difference between them of course is Warnock by his own admission will never coach at a higher level whereas Jokanovic is still a young, developing manager.

In any case short term stats mean next to nothing. Eg, Last six games rotherham haven't picked up any more points than us.  Last fourteen they haven't won any more than Leeds. So is Steve Evans a better manager?

If short term stats mean next to nothing why list our back four/midfield for the last 10 games........I still conclude that Warnock is the better Manager

fulhamben

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2016, 03:06:53 PM
Warnock is one of the very best managers at this level so I don't see what you'd infer from Jokanovic not doing any better. Difference between them of course is Warnock by his own admission will never coach at a higher level whereas Jokanovic is still a young, developing manager.

In any case short term stats mean next to nothing. Eg, Last six games rotherham haven't picked up any more points than us.  Last fourteen they haven't won any more than Leeds. So is Steve Evans a better manager?

If short term stats mean next to nothing why list our back four/midfield for the last 10 games........I still conclude that Warnock is the better Manager
but you have to ask, why Warnock keeps getting dumped by teams. Even QPR decided to gamble on an untried jfh than keep Warnock on the books
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 03:12:32 PM

fp.gif 1500.gif

You wrote it not me 'Team selection - last 10 games'

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2016, 03:11:18 PM

but you have to ask, why Warnock keeps getting dumped by teams. Even QPR decided to gamble on an untried jfh than keep Warnock on the books

Warnock took that job in an intermediary capacity.......Warnock is currently so much better

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2016, 04:43:17 PM
Have we kept a clean sheet under the current manager ?

Without checking I think it is once. I remember I put out flags and we had a street party and muffins for tea.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tonywa

Rather than just concentrating on whether we have let in fewer goals under the new manager, I think analysis of number of goals scored and conceded would be interesting. My perception (which could well be misplaced) is that we have become slightly more solid defensively under his stewardship, but that we have not scored as many goals.  If someone has solid statistics I, for one, would be most interested to see them.