more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joka Out !

Started by Robbie, April 23, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 23, 2016, 11:34:08 PM
I don't think it is fair to say we have appointed joke or cheap managers.

Jol had decent credentials and I think many had sympathy with him over his dismissal by Spurs. He was "found out" at Fulham only because he proved incapable of building an effective team without the kind of funds he'd had at his disposal at Spurs.

Muelensteen was a hugely well regarded coach from Manchester United.

Magath was known to be unpopular in Germany but had an excellent record, especially in keeping struggling sides up.

I doubt any of them was cheap.

Kit may have been cheap(er) but most of us were happy to see him appointed. Yes, he proved not up to the job, but at the time he was a welcome replacement.

I don't think one can include the caretakers in this.

J comes with a decent track record - not least his achievement at Watford, and the one thing none of the predecessors had was proven Championship pedigree.

I should think J is tearing his hair out at the incompetence the defence regularly displays, and as far as full backs are concerned he has no one worth a fig. He's obviously been (and presumably will continue over the last two games) testing out players, so that he knows which have the capability to play as he intends we should.

Not since Roy has a Fulham manager had a better opportunity to know his squad before facing his first summer recruitment opportunity, so assuming Khan backs him what happens from June onwards is what we should judge him by, and I for one have no doubt that he'll do well.
Excellent post, SJ has been messing around with the team as he can't find a good mix. he has a style of football which wins, but the players at Fulham are not capable of playing that way. They were all apart from loans last December other managers players and were the loans selected or picking the best of a bad bunch, how many came from prem clubs.

Give him the transfer window and see how we play next season, then judge him. If we are languishing at the bottom then shout for his head, if we are near the top I hope the Joka out bunch will come on here and eat humble pie.

J.Perkins

Judge him on next season. Not this season.

Symons got the chance to build his side, a chance which SJ deserves too.

Bronaldinho

Give him time.

He still needs to build the squad he wants.

Give him the 18months he signed up for, then judge him.

He's won promotion from this divison before and has been a success everywhere else.

Patience.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mikestrand

Jol had decent credentials and I think many had sympathy with him over his dismissal by Spurs. He was "found out" at Fulham only because he proved incapable of building an effective team without the kind of funds he'd had at his disposal at Spurs.

Magath was known to be unpopular in Germany but had an excellent record, especially in keeping struggling sides up.

Kit may have been cheap(er) but most of us were happy to see him appointed. Yes, he proved not up to the job, but at the time he was a welcome replacement.

J comes with a decent track record - not least his achievement at Watford, and the one thing none of the predecessors had was proven Championship pedigree.

I should think J is tearing his hair out at the incompetence the defence regularly displays, and as far as full backs are concerned he has no one worth a fig. He's obviously been (and presumably will continue over the last two games) testing out players, so that he knows which have the capability to play as he intends we should.

Not since Roy has a Fulham manager had a better opportunity to know his squad before facing his first summer recruitment opportunity, so assuming Khan backs him what happens from June onwards is what we should judge him by, and I for one have no doubt that he'll do well.
0001.jpeg

fulhamben

Quote from: mikestrand on April 24, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

0001.jpeg
apart from kit you mean
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This Op has been reported to the mod squad for several violations.  In the future please refrain from trying to be every so sly and cleaver in your use political references when discussing football.  Please refrain from asking, calling or insinuating that someone is a child.  Lastly please refrain from calling an Op or post stupid. 

We ask kindly that everyone remember that FoF is an opinion based forum and without members contributing their opinions the forum losses a vital part of its appeal.  If you think an Op or post is stupid or childish please ignore it and move on to something you consider to be more worth your time and effort. 

Cheers,

The Mod Squad. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?