watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loanees?

Started by Bronaldinho, April 30, 2016, 11:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Just been reading up about Grimmer & Cole at Shrews, and the feedback has been great and I wondered what the future holds for our loanees? Both out of the club and the ones we've recruited.

I'd personally like to see Ince stay again, Labyad I expect will stay due to Jokanovic saying this half of the season was for him to just settle as we have the option for next year.

Expect to keep:

- Grimmer
- Larnell Cole
- George Williams
- Jordan Evans (Shame he got injured, was getting rave reviews and that left peg is lethal)
- Ince
- Labyad
- Madl

Leave:

- Stek
- Garbutt (Not delivered what his hype expected, would rather have Husband)
- Lewis
- Baird (Nice to have him back, but can't see Jok keeping him)
- Le Trog (Would be amazing to keep, but if you've seen him this season for Benfica he's well worth the 7m euro clause for them)
- Kavanagh (Loved by Kit, but haven't really heard about him at Mansfield and never set the world alight for me)
- Burgess (Probably another loan spell after spending it in the conference this season)
- Bodurov
- Pringle (Probably will sign for Ipswich Permanently)
- Plumain (50/50 Not heard anything about him - Liked him under Rene though)
- Arthurworrey (Probably will leave)
- Rodak (Not heard anything)

Be good to get Williams and Cole back though, two wingers that are lightning quick - something we've lacked. Hopefully an injury free pre-season will do them the world of good and Grimmer could be an answer to our RB issues, although I always feel he'd make a great centre half.

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

@jolslover

Agree with this 100%, I too would like to see Trog stay but too good for the champ, I would maybe add Plumain to the keep list, He always looked very good when i watched him for the 21s
STH H3

Bronaldinho

Quote from: @jolslover on April 30, 2016, 11:43:20 AM
Agree with this 100%, I too would like to see Trog stay but too good for the champ, I would maybe add Plumain to the keep list, He always looked very good when i watched him for the 21s

Cheers!

Be interesting to know if anyone has heard anything about this season's performances.

Remember Islamovic was good in reserves, but then he went abroad and didn't do anything really.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Plumain has had a pretty underwhelming season in French Lg 2. He's never been a regular and has not even been in the squad for the last few matches (he may, of course, be injured). Unlikely he represents any advance on what we already have.

Grimmer is a firm favourite at Shrewsbury, they would love to keep him but cannot believe we would allow that.
An excellent young professional, I sincerely hope he is right at the front of the manager's thinking for next year.

Cole has been less successful but apparently has impressed more of late. Might be worth another chance.

I'd say we had no chance of retaining Ince, but, on the other hand, we have a buying option on Madl so he should still be around.

Rodak has had quite a good press in a totally dire Welling defence. At 19 he was playing for Slovakia u21 in March and he should certainly figure in our future plans.

Unlike many, I think Bodurov is a decent CB. Unless we can get Midtjylland to stump up something in the region of £1m, I think we might give him another whirl.