watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done to everyone who fought for justice

Started by Andy S, April 27, 2016, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

No doubt they did what they thought was right at the time but it's the cover-up, altering of evidence and downright lies that offends. That said, the deaths and injuries wouldn't have happened if the railings hadn't been in place.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

It's not just the police, it was the ambulance service, the judiciary, the press, politicians etc. I just hate the way the establishment's knee jerk reaction is to close ranks to protect its own interests when that same establishment is actually there to represent the interests of those it is there to serve.

domprague

And the Football Association. There had been problems with semi-finals at that end at Hillsborough in 81 and 88 and they did nothing.

Quote from: Twig on April 29, 2016, 06:10:49 AM
It's not just the police, it was the ambulance service, the judiciary, the press, politicians etc. I just hate the way the establishment's knee jerk reaction is to close ranks to protect its own interests when that same establishment is actually there to represent the interests of those it is there to serve.

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Burt

The bottom line is that 96 people went to a football match and died through reasons unconnected to hooliganism, natural disaster, the collapse of a stand, etc. etc.

There was human error upon human error, in the so-called planning prior to the match, as the tragic events unfolded, and in what has happened since. Some of the errors were genuine, some were calculated.

For it to have taken so long to this point is scandalous.

If it was one of my kids who had not returned from the match then that would have been hard enough to take, but to wait decades for justice would have been unbelievably hard.

Hats off to Trevor Hicks and the other campaigners for having the guts to persevere through the years.

9739.gif

Logicalman

Totally agree. The issue is, only the first two and third one of those are being thrown to the wolves in all of this.

It was a disaster, caused by many facets, but should never have been able to occur had the authorities, and others, not failed to adhere to previous warnings from various fans groups.

We all have out opines, some perhaps more extreme than others regarding 'blame', but one thing to remember, those 96 that died HAD NO BLAME AT ALL attached to them, they were truly the real victims, followed second, at a distance, by English Football.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nevzter

Tragic and an avoidable disaster.  If you haven't seen this, it is a moving documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdGmaWsHjU8

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Twig

Quote from: domprague on April 29, 2016, 04:24:23 PM
And the Football Association. There had been problems with semi-finals at that end at Hillsborough in 81 and 88 and they did nothing.

Absolutely,sorry I missed them out.

Twig

Quote from: Logicalman on April 29, 2016, 05:08:23 PM

Totally agree. The issue is, only the first two and third one of those are being thrown to the wolves in all of this.

It was a disaster, caused by many facets, but should never have been able to occur had the authorities, and others, not failed to adhere to previous warnings from various fans groups.

We all have out opines, some perhaps more extreme than others regarding 'blame', but one thing to remember, those 96 that died HAD NO BLAME AT ALL attached to them, they were truly the real victims, followed second, at a distance, by English Football.

Absolutely no blame to the fans.  I would also absolve local coppers and other local services from blame, I have watched enough harrowing interviews to know how hard many of then tried to do their best. My disgust is aimed at the self-serving, self-important senior members of those bodies set up to protect or exercise a duty of care for the public who abused their positions of authority to white wash an appalling cock up. 

domprague

Exactly. While those in charge of the police and the ambulance services were busy getting their fairy tale stories straight, the poor staff on the ground were trying to save lives in an impossible situation. Then they had their stories rewritten and had to watch their bosses give evidence that was nothing but lies.

Quote from: Twig on April 29, 2016, 06:36:08 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 29, 2016, 05:08:23 PM

Absolutely no blame to the fans.  I would also absolve local coppers and other local services from blame, I have watched enough harrowing interviews to know how hard many of then tried to do their best. My disgust is aimed at the self-serving, self-important senior members of those bodies set up to protect or exercise a duty of care for the public who abused their positions of authority to white wash an appalling cock up. 
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.