https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by Wearethewhites, May 01, 2016, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:42:15 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2016, 05:27:50 PM
Not sure about his contribution to the toxic atmosphere. But he has certainly been unlucky with the clubs he has played for in Leeds and Fulham. I would see the point in selling him if we can find decent players to fill the places we most desperately need in defence etc. However the bad atmosphere, if true, is down to poor management and once players are confident and happy knowing what they have to do on the pitch the better the atmosphere.

So sell him if we can find the right replacements. But the atmosphere will go whoever is there once the team start to perform well.

No, trust me, he is known as a regular contributor to the toxic atmosphere around the first team. He is 1 of the known senior players who currently makes it difficult for the coach, but is always difficult to drop because of his talents. Baby and pram sprang to mind over the Boro transfer. I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are, just thought I'd throw it out there to get peoples opinions.
[/b]
If you are going to go on any modern media outlet or even speak face to face in the old fashioned way and drop bomb shells like this (as you do) you can't expect intelligent people or otherwise to accept it without at least a little background info.

I have worked in a pro sport (not football) at a low level and got to hear and even experience some very interesting details about high profile people.
Its all accepted while things are going well but when times are bad peoples tongues loosen, I understand that.

Of course anyone can be centre of attention on things like this and you're free to say as you please but I suggest you either find a way to enhance your comments for the benefit of most of us because I for one am interested in reading your comments, or keep it to yourself and avoid the awkward squad .

MJG

I think all the goals he scores for us and then for Leeds proves its not goals from Ross that help a team get promoted.

copthornemike

Quote from: MJG on May 03, 2016, 12:31:59 PM
I think all the goals he scores for us and then for Leeds proves its not goals from Ross that help a team get promoted.
Maybe - but without his goals and assists (don't forget them) we would have certainly been relegated!

MJG

Quote from: copthornemike on May 03, 2016, 12:51:29 PM
Maybe - but without his goals and assists (don't forget them) we would have certainly been relegated!
Easy to say but we just don't know because there would have been someone else playing.

MikeW

Always difficult to know if players are 'difficult' when you are on the outside.  Even when I was managing at local League level you had decent players with a bit of attitude.  But if they scored or defended better than the others you picked them.  Can't see it's that much different higher up.

Earlier comment about George Best and Rodney Marsh made me smile - I bet Alec Stock just told them to 'sup up and enjoy yourself' old boy! Halcien days.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Arthur

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are

quelle surprise

Yes, because of idiotic responses like this, from members who want rubber stamped proof, before they can accept any type of legitimacy. Just answer the question rather than acting like some kind of forum detective.

Nothing idiotic in being cautious with regard to contentious information from a source that isn't divulged.

Though you may be telling the truth, I've read claims on here, fuelled from supposed sources, that have proved to be plain wrong: from an imminent managerial appointment that never materialised to a player whose injury problems were meant to sideline him for the foreseeable future, only for him to take to the field of play 48 hours later (to mention but two).

If I were giving it the 'I've got news that our most popular player is undermining the Club, but I'm not going to tell you how I know' line, I'd expect to be treated with suspicion.

BestOfBrede

If he was so disliked then why do the other players celebrate with every goal he scores - surely they would walk away?

Neil D

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 03, 2016, 03:56:55 PM
If he was so disliked then why do the other players celebrate with every goal he scores - surely they would walk away?
Occasionally you can tell when a player is disliked by his peers.  Allan Clarke springs to mind when he was here and he was often left to celebrate his many goals on his own - though I do remember a journalist commenting once that he saw Johnny Haynes run the length of the pitch to shake his hand while the rest of the team ignored Clarke.  We are nowhere near that with Ross.

Oakeshott

There would indeed have been "someone else playing". But having supported the Club for well over 50 years I can't remember all that many players who scored 20+ in a season, and with the largely inept signings made under Rigg/Kit, I'd be amazed if anyone bought had Ross left managed half that number (indeed with the quality of signings under those two we'd be luck if the putative new forward knew which goal to aim for).

I am happy to leave J and Ross to sort things out. If Ross really is a problem, S will surely out him, especially if anything like the kind of money referred to in relation to Villa's interest was truly on offer. But only a few weeks ago J talked of building a team around Ross, suggesting that he rates him and doesn't see him as disruptive.

Tonywa

Whatever effect his his personality has on his teammates, if Ross was to go, which three players do you think we should bring in to replace him? We'd probably need two to cover the total of his goals and yet another to make up for his assists. I personally think letting him go would be a disaster. 

cmg

Saha's 27 (2000-1) was the last time anyone scored 20+ in the league.

Of course Louis was playing in a slightly better team (we got 90 that year)!

J.Perkins

Quote from: Tonywa on May 03, 2016, 06:10:05 PM
Whatever effect his his personality has on his teammates, if Ross was to go, which three players do you think we should bring in to replace him? We'd probably need two to cover the total of his goals and yet another to make up for his assists. I personally think letting him go would be a disaster. 

We'd need a creative player similar to Gaston Ramirez and a goal scorer similar to Rhodes.

Rhys Lightning 63

If Ross goes, I go. I know I said that before we sold Roberts (and Dempsey... and Hangeland... and Stockdale...and Dejagah... and Boa Morte... and Malbranque... and Van Der Sar) BUT THIS TIME I MEAN IT!!!  :031:
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

epsomraver

079.gif
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 03, 2016, 07:49:12 PM
If Ross goes, I go. I know I said that before we sold Roberts (and Dempsey... and Hangeland... and Stockdale...and Dejagah... and Boa Morte... and Malbranque... and Van Der Sar) BUT THIS TIME I MEAN IT!!!  :031:
079.gif

Carborundum

To the original question, for every footballer there is surely a price at which it would make sense to suggest to the player that a move should take place.

To the more general issues raised, when I watch RMcC, I see a winning mentality.  When I hear him I hear the measured words of a seasoned pro.  We need more of this, not less of it.  I expect senior pros to be spelling out harsh realities from time to time.

When I read labels like "toxic" and "poison", I deplore the choice of such words.  They tell me something about those who use them and absolutely nothing about RMcC.

HatterDon

I'll agree with that, and I'm sure you'll agree that without his goals, we're probably in League One in August.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Southdowns White

I would take the money for him if someone offers, let Dembele go if he wants to and then concentrate on getting a balance to the team where we have players playing for each other and not their own ego.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Arthur on May 03, 2016, 01:55:50 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are

quelle surprise

Yes, because of idiotic responses like this, from members who want rubber stamped proof, before they can accept any type of legitimacy. Just answer the question rather than acting like some kind of forum detective.

Nothing idiotic in being cautious with regard to contentious information from a source that isn't divulged.

Though you may be telling the truth, I've read claims on here, fuelled from supposed sources, that have proved to be plain wrong: from an imminent managerial appointment that never materialised to a player whose injury problems were meant to sideline him for the foreseeable future, only for him to take to the field of play 48 hours later (to mention but two).

If I were giving it the 'I've got news that our most popular player is undermining the Club, but I'm not going to tell you how I know' line, I'd expect to be treated with suspicion.
[/b]

Spot on!

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on May 03, 2016, 09:10:12 PM

I'll agree with that, and I'm sure you'll agree that without his goals, we're probably in League One in August.
And without inept defenders we might be top of the league.
Dembele's goals have been just as important in keeping us up as well then.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on May 04, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 03, 2016, 09:10:12 PM

And without inept defenders we might be top of the league.
Dembele's goals have been just as important in keeping us up as well then.
0001.jpeg