News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watching BHAFC v DCFC. This squad is nowhere near good enough for top six.

Started by Scrumpy, May 02, 2016, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Just finished watching the Brighton v Derby game and the main thing I concluded from the game was how few of our squad would get into either team. And let's face it, according to the table, neither of these teams are better than play-off level. I think maybe our front two would get regular games, but that's about it.

This squad is going to take some major building, and it is not something that will happen in one summer. I'm not sure our wages are higher than others, our history is no better than most, our crowds are smaller than average, our Manager is no higher rated than many others and our (very rich) owner has his hands tied by FFP. So getting the best rated players to come to us is going to be a major challenge. I just hope Rigg and SJ have a few aces up their sleeves.

The truth is, the addition of 2 or 3 very good players this summer and a finish of between 8th and 12th would represent good progress. I wonder whether that would be enough for all fans or whether most expect more. Am I being too unambitious?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HV71

I watched the game as well and tend to agree with you. You aren't being too un ambitious - just realistic.

Lighthouse

The Brighton supporters may well have said the same thing this time last season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

We can and should hope for better - but you can never expect it

Mince n Tatties

We're dropping light years behind.
If it isn't sorted soon,we will be in the doldrums for years.

Wearethewhites

Poor result for B&HA. Ok, they could of lost, but now need to go to Boro on the last day of the season without Dunk and win. Will show how good they really are, but never expected them to go up automatically. Playoffs are a completely different kettle of fish.

snarks

I remember the Brighton game at home this season, fulham were unlucky to lose to a not much better team. However winning builds confidence and you could see it in the return fixture. So yes Brighton are better, but not light years ahead.

Scrumpy

Quote from: snarks on May 02, 2016, 05:36:33 PM
I remember the Brighton game at home this season, fulham were unlucky to lose to a not much better team. However winning builds confidence and you could see it in the return fixture. So yes Brighton are better, but not light years ahead.
Fair comment. Gives us all some hope.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

bobby01

I was thinking ,good job we never got Dunk, with him and love bite together we could finish games with 9 men. At least it would excuse some of the hidings we have suffered.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Robbie

A lot of performance is about confidence. Joka needs to target a good start to next season ... hopefully the fixtures will favour a good start.  We have selectively played some good football this season.

west kowloon white

Even thought Burnley looked dire but solid- far removed from the Tigana promotion side.
Boring match.

HatterDon

Our squad is good enough for us to finish just a bit above mid-table. It wasn't that strong last season. Those who expected a quick bounce back have never really grasped that. Promotion was ALWAYS a forlorn hope. We were absolutely horrid our last season in the Prem, and when that's the case, you don't come back right away.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel