watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Isn't it funny

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 03, 2016, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

For so long many of us hyped up our Academy and it's players and welcomed most of the new players that were brought in recently.
(Stearman, Cairney, Pringle, Ream, O'Hara ? Garbutt, Fredericks, Ince)
Richards has shown little but is a big contributor for Wales

At various times we've sung the praises of Hyndman, Tunnicliffe, LVC and Kaca

We lauded Lonegan when he took over for the injured Betts
We welcomed back Betts with open arms.

We've been up and down with Amorbietta and he's been flavor of the month (almost) for, well a month or so

We've also been up and down with Scotty, who's also been 'en vogue' recently

Burn and Hutch have been up and down in our emotions because they show tremendous passion

Madl was the bees knees but not so much recently, because of injury
Matilla was a breath of fresh air, briefly

From our youngsters that were so praised.
Williams is still an unknown, although great for Wales
Woodrow hasn't had much of a chance, I'm not sure
Dembele, he's scored a few goals but missed 10x as many opportunities and is greedy as greedy can be
(although I realize he's only 19 and will learn) and natural finisher would have had 30 with the chances he's had this season. Highly over-rated, I think.

Pat Roberts, a genuine talent....gone
Grimmer, Kavanagh, Plumain, Cole, Burgess, Arthurworrey and the other loanees, who knows ?
Mitro - a huge wasted opportunity, should have been HUGE for us
Labyad - who knows ?
Smith, I'm a fan, in this league

I know little about this current crop of academy players so can't comment

Ross is obviously or best player and yet some people are happy to sell him

Put the lot together and what have we actually got ?

I have no idea for the future
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Bedford White

Truly a comedy of errors. We find ourselves just surviving this season, more by luck than Judgement.

I'm no football expert but would yet another managerial appointment change anything? Given the quality of this dysfunctional and unbalanced squad I'd say not. So SJ needs to rebuild over the summer, make his decisions regarding the squad, sign his players and be given the financial means to do so.

Only then will I judge Our manager.

bill taylors apprentice

I think it just demonstrates what a thoroughly decent bunch we are when new players are promoted from the academy or brought in from outside.

Of course after the honeymoon period we start to form our own opinions on the individuals and then the fun starts, only its not funny actually.

I'm prepared to accept most of the younger individuals will go on and have some kind of career in football and the older players will continue to live the high life as a pro, somewhere!

The players are at the sharp end and I would admit its not all their fault the clubs in such a negative state, leadership from the top down has contributed massively to the condition we are in, does it just need a spark to set us on our way or are we a damp squib and never fire up?

I heard the Leicester City coach say today he had never known "such camaraderie and all his players where real men" 
REAL MEN! We will all have an opinion on what that means but I doubt any of us would name more than a couple in our club who deserve that title.

Andy S

Nothing changes in football and when you go back in time the team that was always praised for producing young players was Burnley. They pretty much had to sell a player a year to survive at the top and did for a few years. The thing is the gravey train stops eventually. Man Utd, Chelsea and West Ham have all a three or four players that have come through the youth teams all at the same time and that is where success is bred. We have a lot of good young players but they are still a long way off being a bit special. It may come or it may not. Are we prepared to wait? 

Baszab

FulhamStu

We score for fun but can't defend for toffees.   If we can sort out the defence and retain most of our attaching capability we will do a lot better.   He says stating the bleeding obvious, well at least to me !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Andy S on May 03, 2016, 10:01:50 AM
Nothing changes in football and when you go back in time the team that was always praised for producing young players was Burnley. They pretty much had to sell a player a year to survive at the top and did for a few years. The thing is the gravey train stops eventually. Man Utd, Chelsea and West Ham have all a three or four players that have come through the youth teams all at the same time and that is where success is bred. We have a lot of good young players but they are still a long way off being a bit special. It may come or it may not. Are we prepared to wait? 

Another example of that of course is Crewe
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES