watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

As posted earlier , Fulham are interested in two central defenders.
One is a 24 year from Spain Sergio Gomez. He plays for Celta Vigo. He joined them from Barcelona in the Summer 2014.

The other one in Grant Hanley from Blackburn. He has played for Blackburn for ten years and is a Scottish International.
Not sure how old he is but must be 30 plus.
Who ever we go for must be able to command the centre of our defence.
The Swan

Asotosyios

Aston Villa face fight with Newcastle and Norwich for £12million Ross McCormack

Aston Villa remain keen on signing Ross McCormack from Fulham but could face competition from Newcastle and Norwich City.
The 29-year-old has a £12million clause in his contract but that hasn't deterred Villa who want a proven goalscorer to get them out of the Championship.
McCormack, a Scotland international, was the subject of a failed bid from Middlesbrough in January.
He scored 23 goals last season as Fulham escaped relegation to League One, and was the Championship's top scorer in his final season at Leeds, netting 28 in the league in the 2013-14 campaign.
The Cottagers paid a Championship record £11m for the striker in the summer of 2014, in a deal which has recently landed Leeds owner Massimo Cellino in hot water.
All three clubs relegated from the Premier League this season see the Scot as a potential match-winner in their bids to bounce back to the top flight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3604933/Aston-Villa-face-fight-Newcastle-Norwich-12million-Ross-McCormack.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

zander

Quote from: The Swan on May 23, 2016, 08:49:10 PM
As posted earlier , Fulham are interested in two central defenders.
One is a 24 year from Spain Sergio Gomez. He plays for Celta Vigo. He joined them from Barcelona in the Summer 2014.

The other one in Grant Hanley from Blackburn. He has played for Blackburn for ten years and is a Scottish International.
Not sure how old he is but must be 30 plus.
Who ever we go for must be able to command the centre of our defence.

Hanley is 24. One of those players that seems to have been around for a much longer time.

zander

Fulham central defender forced to return to uncertain future

Bulgarian international will come back to the Cottage unless Whites can agree a knockdown fee or sell him to another suitor

Nikolay Bodurov must return to Fulham because loan club FC Midtjylland can't afford to keep him.

The Bulgarian defender got a move to the Danish top-flight club in February - but it appears they got him at a cut-price deal.

As a result, either the Bulgarian international will have to drop wage demands as well as allow Whites to let him go on a free - or for another knockdown fee.

Midtjylland spokesman Claus Steinlein confirmed the player signed by Whites at the end of the transfer window was a hit in Denmark, playing 16 times including twice against Manchester United, one of them a 2-1 win in the Europa League, but not enough to afford him permanently.

He added: "It's mission impossible to be able to afford Nikolay."

Bodurov earns a reported £5,500-a-week at Craven Cottage and still has a year left to run on his three-year contract.

The man who has played 35 times for his country was saddled with the stigma of being a Felix Magath recruit in the German's ill-starred reign, and has made only 41 appearances for Whites since he signed in the summer of 2014.

Head coach Slavisa Jokanovic has released Dan Burn, but even without Bodurov, there are still four other potentials lining up for the two central defensive slots.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-central-defender-forced-return-11374931?

Bronaldinho

Norwich City linked with McCormack's buyout clause again today.

If he goes it has to be early, can't deal with a late departure again like Mousa Dembeles!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Arthur

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 24, 2016, 12:30:11 PM

If he goes it has to be early, can't deal with a late departure again like Mousa Dembeles!

Yes, sooner rather than later is better. But it's out of our hands.

westcliff white

Moussa will be gone, unless the are different rules for youngsters, at end of June sadly, as thats when he becomes a free agent.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Arthur on May 24, 2016, 12:37:43 PM

I'm just hoping the papers are right. If we're going to lose him, I hope that there's at least a bidding war for him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on May 24, 2016, 12:41:16 PM
Moussa will be gone, unless the are different rules for youngsters, at end of June sadly, as thats when he becomes a free agent.

I believe they were talking about Moussa the 1st.

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 24, 2016, 12:44:49 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 24, 2016, 12:41:16 PM

I believe they were talking about Moussa the 1st.
ah yes, was having a bad moment there lol
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 24, 2016, 12:44:12 PM

I'm just hoping the papers are right. If we're going to lose him, I hope that there's at least a bidding war for him.

If Ross has a buyout clause, another club has simply to meet that figure. Offering more than this amount would be utterly pointless: once the buyout figure is met it is up to Ross, if there is more than one suitor, to decide where he wants to go. We cannot choose to whom he is sold, so there is nothing that a potential purchasing club can gain by overbidding.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Arthur on May 24, 2016, 01:06:58 PM

If Ross has a buyout clause, another club has simply to meet that figure. Offering more than this amount would be utterly pointless: once the buyout figure is met it is up to Ross, if there is more than one suitor, to decide where he wants to go. We cannot choose to whom he is sold, so there is nothing that a potential purchasing club can gain by overbidding.
Agree. Does anyone have any idea of that buyout figure? I imagine it's around what we paid for him to make sure if someone is willing to pay that, we make out money back.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

zander

Quote from: Ols_S on May 24, 2016, 03:37:54 PM

Agree. Does anyone have any idea of that buyout figure? I imagine it's around what we paid for him to make sure if someone is willing to pay that, we make out money back.

Word on the rumour mill is around £12 million.

ToodlesMcToot

then I hope they are wrong and we keep him. have to say though that all the strikers we seem linked to (so far) are Ross-like as opposed to complimentary. appears like writing on the wall, if you get my meaning.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 24, 2016, 03:50:22 PM

then I hope they are wrong and we keep him. have to say though that all the strikers we seem linked to (so far) are Ross-like as opposed to complimentary. appears like writing on the wall, if you get my meaning.
True, although it could be contingency planning. Which, although, gutting to lose Ross, suggests planning for the future which may not have been as diligently undertaken in recent years as perhaps was necessary.

Slaphead in Qatar

Boudrov coming back - all our defensive problems over  086.gif

Friendsoffulham

Nathaniel
‏@BHANath
Sounds very much like a deal with Fulham for Rohan Ince could go through in the next few weeks #bhafc

Friendsoffulham

MLS saying that Matt Miazga will be going out on loan from Chelsea next season. Wants to stay in London, Fulham, Brentford and QPR have all made enquiries (apparently)

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 24, 2016, 10:01:48 PM
MLS saying that Matt Miazga will be going out on loan from Chelsea next season. Wants to stay in London, Fulham, Brentford and QPR have all made enquiries (apparently)

Be interesting to see if we did get him.

He's highly rated but still not featured enough for Chelsea, but did get a decent review when he played against Villa.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Nero

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 25, 2016, 11:12:43 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 24, 2016, 10:01:48 PM

Be interesting to see if we did get him.

He's highly rated but still not featured enough for Chelsea, but did get a decent review when he played against Villa.

Think anyone would have looked good playing against Villa last Season