more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP

Sounds as if #ffc keeper Andy Lonergan may be Wolves-bound.

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL)
6/8/16, 9:11 AM
Wolves are close to signing goalkeeper Andy Lonergan from Fulham. pic.twitter.com/6gbyTKWksB

AnEssexFan

Be sorry to see Andrew go if he decides to leave. I thought he played well when Marcus was injured, and certainly saved us on a number of occasions as can be seen from the man of the match votes that MJG did during the season.  He also seems a top bloke who always spoke to the young fans at matches and posed for photos and signed autographs. If he does leave, I hope it's because he's been promised to be 1st choice keeper at Wolves.
@leightonrw07

@jolslover

STH H3

Berserker

Shame I like Lonergan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Horsfield_No9

Anyone else thinking Slav wasn't impressed with either keeper and Betts will drop to number 2 with an older experienced keeper coming in as number 1?

I think Betts will one day be great but just not yet. For me defending begins with the keeper who communicates well with his CB's and if we had someone like Davis from Southampton or Rob Green I can't help feeling we'd be in better shape.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 08, 2016, 03:34:05 PM
Anyone else thinking Slav wasn't impressed with either keeper and Betts will drop to number 2 with an older experienced keeper coming in as number 1?

I think Betts will one day be great but just not yet. For me defending begins with the keeper who communicates well with his CB's and if we had someone like Davis from Southampton or Rob Green I can't help feeling we'd be in better shape.

Agree with this.
STH H3

Chutney

Bettinelli will be #1 We have Joronen as back up but might look to get someone on loan. The money can be better spent elsewhere
C O Y W

MJG

I fully expect that to happen. If anything we need to make some room for the younger ones like Norman, and i think maybe Joronen is better bet long term than Betts

zander

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on June 08, 2016, 03:22:04 PM
Lonergan gone. Wonder if we got a fee?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/june/08/lonergan-departs

I would of thought so as he was under contract for another year. Probably quite nominal though.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: MJG on June 08, 2016, 03:39:20 PM

I fully expect that to happen. If anything we need to make some room for the younger ones like Norman, and i think maybe Joronen is better bet long term than Betts

I went to the Emirates for the U21s gave last season and was very impressed with Joronen. Looks like a good pro already. Calm, great distribution and comes off his line for corners.

MJG

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 08, 2016, 03:46:36 PM

I went to the Emirates for the U21s gave last season and was very impressed with Joronen. Looks like a good pro already. Calm, great distribution and comes off his line for corners.
Best 'Fulham' goal keeping performance i saw all season.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: MJG on June 08, 2016, 03:49:29 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 08, 2016, 03:46:36 PM

Best 'Fulham' goal keeping performance i saw all season.

Agreed. Arsenal could've scored 10 that game.

Lonergan and Betts have the same problems with their game hence why I think a new number 1 is coming.

JimmyConway

I can see us a signing a new No 1 with Betts the reserve next season.

Twig

bog

I have no problem with that one. Sorry to see Dan Burn go though.

092.gif 

Twig

Quote from: Bracken White on June 08, 2016, 01:13:00 PM
Below is an extract from HITC Sport - which probably doesn't mean to be a disrespectful as it sounds.
Can Jokanovic be the type of  Manager who can re-install confidence in players; motivate them?

Fulham are tracking fallen Celtic hero Stefan Johansen, according to The Express.

The 25-year-old playmaker endured a miserable 2015-16 campaign with the Hoops, netting twice and setting up four goals from 36 appearances in all competitions.

This came after the Norwegian ace won Scotland's PFA Player of the Year for the following season - a staggering decline all things considered.

Am I misunderstanding (bit of a senior moment perhaps)? If he had a miserable 2015-16 then how could he have won the PFA player of the year for the following season - which would be 2016 -17??? Do they mean preceding season?

ToodlesMcToot

Hope that he gets a good opportunity at Wolves.

He's one of the main reasons we aren't playing in League 1 next season. Certainly not a #1 in The Championship for me, but his reaction saves literally saved us this season IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude