watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnEssexFan

So at this moment in time we're possibly bringing in Odoi, Chalaboah, Aluko and Bamford? Having already signed Ayite and Madl while clearing out deadwood. That wouldn't be a bad summer so far!
@leightonrw07

MJG

Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 03:57:24 PM
...and, and what is probably more to the point, he plays Left Back.

[31 LB, 6 RB last season]

He's also pretty good.

Apologies for not being depressing.
Off message as usual :-)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AnEssexFan on July 07, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
So at this moment in time we're possibly bringing in Odoi, Chalaboah, Aluko and Bamford? Having already signed Ayite and Madl while clearing out deadwood. That wouldn't be a bad summer so far!

Well, the Odoi and Aluko links seem fairly strong while, the Chalobah (only popped up today, loosely) and Bamford (kinda gone quiet and also linked to Villa) links seem a bit more, shall we say, manufactured. I'd love for both to come off in addition to Odoi and Aluko though. The Delaney link seems more concrete than Chalobah. I'd much prefer it as it looked to be on a permanent transfer rather than a loan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

St. Andrews White

Completely agree with the above,  it's not going too badly for us so far if we can get in another one or two soon!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Lighthouse

I know nothing about him. I knew about our central defenders we bought last year and thought they would be good for us. They weren't. So if it happens good luck to him and welcome to Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: MJG on July 07, 2016, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 03:57:24 PM
...and, and what is probably more to the point, he plays Left Back.

[31 LB, 6 RB last season]

He's also pretty good.

Apologies for not being depressing.
Off message as usual :-)

:005:  0001.jpeg

BedsFFC

like this on forum...

Pretty transfer for Denis to a beautiful tradition club. I wish him well, and this is also expected. He has also seen what they have extended last year with the core, while he was going through the good times and is ambitious. Take blame him? He now chooses eggs for money, he has more than right along.

Tonywa

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 07, 2016, 04:24:21 PM
like this on forum...

Pretty transfer for Denis to a beautiful tradition club. I wish him well, and this is also expected. He has also seen what they have extended last year with the core, while he was going through the good times and is ambitious. Take blame him? He now chooses eggs for money, he has more than right along.

Che?

cmg

Quote from: Tonywa on July 07, 2016, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on July 07, 2016, 04:24:21 PM
like this on forum...

Che?

Well, the first bit seems pretty complimentary to both us and him.

I'm not so sure about the 'eggs for money' bit. I think, in Holland at least, it means settling for what you can get rather than what you really want - so not so complimentary to us!

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2016, 04:56:42 PM
By all (many) accounts I've read, he's a right back, albeit a right back who can also play left back.

Now If I were Rigg/Jokanovic and I wanted someone to play left back, I'd sign a left back.

Not a right back who can play left back.

If I wanted someone at right back we could occasionally play at left back, THEN I might sign a right back who can play left back.
after the last few years, I'll just be happy if we sign a defender who can actually play as a defender, no more pretenders please
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Last 3 seasons:

13/14  LB 34     RB 7
14/15  LB 26     RB 14
15/16  LB 31     RB  7

Does that make him a Left back or a Right Back?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

He is reportedly right-footed.

Schnellinger, Breitner, Maldini, Breheme, Junior. No, not a list of the greatest ever left backs, although it wouldn't be a bad list. But they were all right footed.
He's more likely to be served Peking style with pancakes than turn out as good as any of those, but I don't think we need to worry about him playing on the left.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woodlawn on July 07, 2016, 03:42:06 PM
According to Belgium press we are about to sign Dennis Odoi a 28 year old RIGHT BACK from Lokeren.     He will join after passing medical on 3 yr contract. Why another right back?   
He can play both sides!!!!
Every day is a Fulham day

sunburywhite

Quote from: fulhamben on July 07, 2016, 05:09:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2016, 04:56:42 PM
By all (many) accounts I've read, he's a right back, albeit a right back who can also play left back.

Now If I were Rigg/Jokanovic and I wanted someone to play left back, I'd sign a left back.

Not a right back who can play left back.

If I wanted someone at right back we could occasionally play at left back, THEN I might sign a right back who can play left back.
after the last few years, I'll just be happy if we sign a defender who can actually play as a defender, no more pretenders please

So long as we have got Brass in Pocket

Don't get me wrong, I've got you babe
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riverside

Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 05:11:52 PM

Last 3 seasons:

13/14  LB 34     RB 7
14/15  LB 26     RB 14
15/16  LB 31     RB  7

Does that make him a Left back or a Right Back?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

He is reportedly right-footed.

Schnellinger, Breitner, Maldini, Breheme, Junior. No, not a list of the greatest ever left backs, although it wouldn't be a bad list. But they were all right footed.
He's more likely to be served Peking style with pancakes than turn out as good as any of those, but I don't think we need to worry about him playing on the left.

Sounds like a LB to me then .
Also I would humbly suggest that Maldini was one of the greatest ever LBs  ( Mind you he did have Baresi beside him as CB )

cmg

Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2016, 05:42:09 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 05:11:52 PM

Last 3 seasons:

13/14  LB 34     RB 7
14/15  LB 26     RB 14
15/16  LB 31     RB  7

Source?

On consideration I'll reply to this because, being a bit of an old buffer, I may not know that it is accepted internet etiquette to phrase enquiries in a peremptory, one word fashion such as this. Personally I find it a bit impolite. It is not my normal practice to make stuff up and if I am unsure of anything I say I would normally qualify it.

I got this stuff from Transfermarkt, which I would recommend to anyone interested in the statistics of European football.
It also tells me that Oboi played his one full Belgian International at right back and two of his three u21 games at left back (no info n th other one).

I think it is pretty clear (or, at least, it is to me) that he can perform on either side and that if he is going to be signed as a left back this does not represent any dereliction of duty on behalf of the club management.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

mkras99

Slavisa Jokanovic ‏@Jokanovic  1m1 minute ago
Pleased with the players' work in Ireland but we need new additions over the next few days to build a competitive squad for the season. #FFC

f321ffc

Slavisa Jokanovic
Slavisa Jokanovic‏ @Jokanovic
Pleased with the players' work in Ireland but we need new additions over the next few days to build a competitive squad for the season. #FFC

No s#!t  "we need new additions over the next few days" now is he taking the Pi55 or hopefully it's a sign that he expects a few in shortly. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

AnEssexFan

Maybe Slavisa is telling the club to pull their finger out and get the deals done?
@leightonrw07