watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Multi mentioned below with Jazz Richards going other way. More than likely as nobody seems to rate Malone at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H4usuallysitting

So we're not getting an upgrade then

Northern Cottager

Lighthouse

Malone is over six foot. We haven't really had a left back for some time. Richards will go when we get this other right back we have been hanging on for. At least that is the gossip.

Chesh

Depressing thing is, we can't wait to get rid of JR, and they can't wait to get rid of Malone. Seems like we're both getting the thin end of the wedge. Surely Malone can't be worse than Jazz though - can he?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Woolly Mammoth

We will no doubt end up with a full back worse than both of them. Which reminds me, where is Stephen Kelly these days ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Once Denis Odoi & Kevin McDonald are confirmed, we are already halfway through our target of 10 new signings for the 1st team.

westcliff white

Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 12, 2016, 07:34:02 AM
Once Denis Odoi & Kevin McDonald are confirmed, we are already halfway through our target of 10 new signings for the 1st team.
Surely you mean if they are confirmed. According to Belgian press the Odoi deal was done last week, but we have not said anything maybe we are waiting to see if other targets come to fruition or we are having second thoughts. McDonald is apparently talking to clubs, only teams with rumoured confirmed bids are us and Sheff Wed. So that's a hard one for the lad to choose form.
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

Quote from: westcliff white on July 12, 2016, 07:44:10 AM
Surely you mean if they are confirmed. According to Belgian press the Odoi deal was done last week, but we have not said anything maybe we are waiting to see if other targets come to fruition or we are having second thoughts. McDonald is apparently talking to clubs, only teams with rumoured confirmed bids are us and Sheff Wed. So that's a hard one for the lad to choose form.

Odoi delay is because of paper work serious people say.

westcliff white

Quote from: Hoppus on July 12, 2016, 08:22:04 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 12, 2016, 07:44:10 AM

Odoi delay is because of paper work serious people say.

Could be the case, the trusted belge papers reported on Friday &Saturday that it was a done deal and would be announced on Monday. So it is possible that paper work of some kind could be the problem, although I guess it wont be work permit related so has to be contractual or paperwork registering with UEFA/FIFA being the issue

St. Andrews White

Or maybe everyone's just being difficult because no one knows if we count as Europe anymore...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 12, 2016, 08:29:28 AM
Or maybe everyone's just being difficult because no one knows if we count as Europe anymore...

westcliff white

Lighthouse

Horsfield_No9

Would love this one to come off. French Under 20 striker with a good scoring record already. 8 in 16 for Auxerre most recently. Come on Fulham! Ready made Dembele replacement.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-report-france-under-20-starlet-sehrou-guirassy-being-eyed-championship-rivals
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 12, 2016, 05:31:50 PM
Denis Odoi confirmed he is coming to Fulham.
panning into a really interesting season for me. Building a team  of players that I've never heard of, which gives me the out look of optimism that they might be great as opposed to the meh stance that I took on average champ signings last year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 12, 2016, 08:29:28 AM
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FulhamStu

Boderov told he will not play, Amorebieta not playing again today as per last game, even though he has been in Ireland.  Interesting that Burgess was also ignored.  This all suggests to me that we have a central defender lined up somewhere.   I would love us to sign McDonald however he messed us about last summer and seems to be doing the same again, I have a feeling he is somewhat difficult to manage although this may not be true, however we should not spend too much time on him as once bitten etc.  Wonder if Delaney is still a possibility with the supposed offer for the Hendrick it would suggest we are in for a strong central midfield player however maybe Faulin will take that roll after all central midfield is not exactely our weakest area.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2016, 05:43:13 PM
Would love this one to come off. French Under 20 striker with a good scoring record already. 8 in 16 for Auxerre most recently. Come on Fulham! Ready made Dembele replacement.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-report-france-under-20-starlet-sehrou-guirassy-being-eyed-championship-rivals

This is something the club need to strive toward as well - looking for players between 18 and 24 - whom we can help step up the ladder. Good for both parties.

Of course, I have no idea what Fulham have attempted over the years but, over the last 5-6 seasons at least we have never really recruited many players in this age group - outside of loans. I'd say we've done quite well when we've given it a go with Chris Smalling and Moussa Dembele. I'm certain there have been other attempts that did not work out quite so well, if at all, but these two would make the effort appear worthwhile. In my estimation, there's more certainty to profit from players in this age group that with older signings or, as evidenced with Hyndman and Dembele this season, academy players. None of this is meant to say that we shouldn't focus in all areas of recruiting, only that we seem to have under-emphasized this "early 20's" age group.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude