more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2016, 08:26:00 PM
According to a BBC tweet the Jazz and Malone swap is near completion. Is that the signing mentioned on the tweet mentioned on this thread a few pages ago.

Or is it Hendricks and that's why the McDonald links have gone quiet
could be bale or Sanchez

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 16, 2016, 08:46:59 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2016, 08:26:00 PM
According to a BBC tweet the Jazz and Malone swap is near completion. Is that the signing mentioned on the tweet mentioned on this thread a few pages ago.

Or is it Hendricks and that's why the McDonald links have gone quiet

Amongst these 93 pages there is about 3 player rumours mentioned. The rest is clogged up back to back discussion about all sorts ...

Are you sure about this ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Hoppus on July 15, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
Roumours on Twitter:

'Fulham getting a new signing in tomorrow, Mr Kahn is spending money I have been told £££'

Running out of time for this mystery weekend announcement.  Come on Khan, remove the digit!

Nero

Quote from: Twig on July 17, 2016, 08:53:25 AM
Roumours on Twitter:

'Fulham getting a new signing in tomorrow, Mr Kahn is spending money I have been told £££'

Running out of time for this mystery weekend announcement.  Come on Khan, remove the digit!

What's the betting the big new signing is the shirt sponsor

Twig

Quote from: Nero on July 17, 2016, 08:59:19 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 17, 2016, 08:53:25 AM
Roumours on Twitter:

What's the betting the big new signing is the shirt sponsor

Playing at CB?

Tooting legend

I've just read that we could interested I'm him. Plays no 10. Could that mean the end of me McCormack

Tooting legend

I've just read that we could interested I'm him. Plays no 10. Could that mean the end of me McCormack

Northern Cottager

Surely the worst swap imaginable.

grandad

I am astounded at the sums Prem clubs are paying for some players I have never heard of. I also feel sad for Leicester who are to lose some of their players to "big" clubs. Why can´t these greedy individuals be content with what they have been offered. They stand to earn big bonuses with Leicester in the Champions League.
If we were ever to return to the Prem there is no way we could compete while fees spiral out of control.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Oakeshott

"Why can´t these greedy individuals be content with what they have been offered."

I don't think "greedy" is fair.

Footballers are best thought of as self-employed folk with a relatively short main career lifetime who contract with employers (the clubs) for mutually agreed periods. Why is it "greedy" to move to a new employer on a new fixed term contract if the terms are better?

The only players with whom I take issue are those who try to force a move, before the end of their contracts, by refusing to play/not giving 100%. I suspect there are only a few of these, though.

It is unrealistic to expect "club loyalty" from players or managers - it is only long term supporters like us who give that!

MJG

Been told Brentford keeper is all done and dusted. Dont know fee but all signed apparently.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MJG on July 17, 2016, 11:12:28 AM
Been told Brentford keeper is all done and dusted. Dont know fee but all signed apparently.
Was this the "BIG" deal we have been promised over the weekend?
Oh good ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MJG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 17, 2016, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: MJG on July 17, 2016, 11:12:28 AM
Oh good ;)
is that the big deal promised by one twitter post that we have all lept on.... No

@jolslover

Would not take Kieron Agard on a free, much much better players available.
STH H3

jarv

Nevre heard of him. Its always better to sell a player one year too early rather than one year too late. I dont doubt for a minute Fulham are looking to cash in if they can find a suitable replacement at half the cost.

Fulham Tup North

Oh good ;)
[/quote]is that the big deal promised by one twitter post that we have all lept on.... No
[/quote]
So, you are not denying that there IS a 'Big Deal' coming then??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2016, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: Oakeshott on July 17, 2016, 10:58:33 AM
"Why can´t these greedy individuals be content with what they have been offered."

I don't think "greedy" is fair.

Footballers are best thought of as self-employed folk with a relatively short main career lifetime who contract with employers (the clubs) for mutually agreed periods. Why is it "greedy" to move to a new employer on a new fixed term contract if the terms are better?

The only players with whom I take issue are those who try to force a move, before the end of their contracts, by refusing to play/not giving 100%. I suspect there are only a few of these, though.

It is unrealistic to expect "club loyalty" from players or managers - it is only long term supporters like us who give that!

Is it greedy to want to earn as much as you can? No, not necessarily, because most of us want to do that.

But is it greedy to want more when you're already earning more than most of us can even dream of earning? Arguably, yes.

To give some context, even a normal championship footballer's salary equates to £500k-£1m per year. So even a fairly average player is likely to have earned £10m by their early thirties. For top players, multiple those figures by ten or more.

And yes, they do have short careers as footballers, but there's nothing to stop them continuing to work after that like ordinary people, either in an ordinary job like plumbing, or in another of the relatively lucrative fields they've exclusive access to like coaching, scouting or punditry.

Live and let live. If you were offered x amount of money to do the same job but for a different employer you would. If money is being thrown round it isn't there problem. As with any industry/trade you go where the money is. If they can sleep at night and not worry well neither will i, they get an obscene amount yes, is it their fault..no