https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2016, 11:54:20 PM
God im fuming....We'd better have someone lined up and
not a two bob unheard of Benin International..
Supporting this club drives you round the bend.... :031:

d

If a player wants to go..... Not much you can do. Been coming for a while.
Said for a while he was limping because of his wallet.

Sad to lose him, but such is life.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Texas White on August 03, 2016, 12:12:28 AM

d

Ive never heard him come out and say he wanted
to go...

hopper

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 12:26:37 AM

d

to go...

There are so many great players that nobody had heard of before signing at clubs - so that is not a reason to discredit Mounie (if he comes). Signs are that most of signings this summer are more astute than recent years.

Texas White

d

to go...

And I don't want him to go but he hasn't exactly come out and said he wants to stay.

Texas White

Quote from: hopper on August 03, 2016, 12:30:25 AM

d

to go...

There are so many great players that nobody had heard of before signing at clubs - so that is not a reason to discredit Mounie (if he comes). Signs are that most of signings this summer are more astute than recent years.

Yes who had heard of Steve Marlet

ToodlesMcToot

d

to go...

A few thoughts here....

If he wanted to stay, all he ever had to do was come out and say it. Even if the club were looking to sell, they wouldn't have stopped it as it would only make his sale price more firm..

SJ has said that he wanted to build the squad around Ross.

Matt Smith said in an interview just released today (I believe) that the club wanted Ross to stay.

All of this is, admittedly, fairly circumstantial but there is more evidence that the club wanted Ross than there is that Ross wanted the club.

Aaaaand if he's wanting to move to pastures new on top of us getting a reported 14 million for him, it's high time to say 'adios muchacho'. Very good business on our part for once. At least in the rumor mill, we had a league leading goal scorer for a while and we profited on the transfer business to boot. Can't do much better.

Time for Khan and Fulham to put up or finally shut up about "doing whatever it takes". You have the money for two or three very good players. Go make believers out of us!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Porthogs FC

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 03, 2016, 01:57:47 AM

d

to go...

A few thoughts here....

If he wanted to stay, all he ever had to do was come out and say it. Even if the club were looking to sell, they wouldn't have stopped it as it would only make his sale price more firm..

SJ has said that he wanted to build the squad around Ross.

Matt Smith said in an interview just released today (I believe) that the club wanted Ross to stay.

All of this is, admittedly, fairly circumstantial but there is more evidence that the club wanted Ross than there is that Ross wanted the club.

Aaaaand if he's wanting to move to pastures new on top of us getting a reported 14 million for him, it's high time to say 'adios muchacho'. Very good business on our part for once. At least in the rumor mill, we had a league leading goal scorer for a while and we profited on the transfer business to boot. Can't do much better.

Time for Khan and Fulham to put up or finally shut up about "doing whatever it takes". You have the money for two or three very good players. Go make believers out of us!

I'd almost prefer three highly rated players to be purchased (CB, DMF, CF) and than two more loanee's of high quality (think Bamford et al). If we can secure another 2 Kalas type loans (high quality player that can't get first team minutes in strong teams) than that could potentially be season changing.

Oh the dreams of Fulham fans...

colinwhite

Time to move on . Ross has been taking the micky for the last three windows and at his previuos three clubs did exactly the same . Good player but gone . Good. Now we  have extra funds, and the budget we havent yet spent.
The jury is about to make a decision on the nature of Mr Khans ownership tenure.
Now the real issue is which players are coming in .
"Whatever  it takes" means replacing Moussa and Ross plus signing , at least three other quality players .

Mince n Tatties

Just a thought, if he is supposed to be injured, want he
fail the medical? :022:

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on August 03, 2016, 12:21:12 AM
Ok so comparing back of a fag packet calculations with a more 'pro-club' poster on here the other day, he guesstimated our remaining budget at £8-10m. I thought more like £15-20m.

So adding this sale, if Khan really is funding the club to the full extent FFP permits, we should now have £20-30m to spend this month.

Let's see how much we actually do spend.

We will sign a free transfer from an obscure side somewhere in europe or loan someone.
C O Y W

Chutney

The positive of all of this, should McCormack leave, we literally have no excuses left to not bring in some proven quality and spalsh the cash, we've barely spent anything this summer as it is.

If we get £10+mil for him, those defending Khan based on FFP won't have a leg to stand on should we continue bargain bin shopping and spending the odd million here and there.
C O Y W

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 08:15:59 AM
Just a thought, if he is supposed to be injured, want he
fail the medical? :022:

He'll take the stone out of his shoe before the medical!

Oakeshott

"The positive of all of this, should McCormack leave, we literally have no excuses left to not bring in some proven quality and spalsh the cash"

Optimist! I suspect that, like politicians, owners can always come up with some excuse.

But let's keep our fingers crossed that there will be some decent investment.

Ron91

Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Chutney

Quote from: Ron91 on August 03, 2016, 09:16:17 AM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

"did well for us" is an understatement, he kept us in the division two seasons running, who is going to do that now?

We have now lost our two top goal scorers from last season without replacing either one.

Very, very worried.

C O Y W

Slaphead in Qatar

Better than dembele who lets his contract run down and we get nothing for him

Nero

That should hopefully get Norwich to up there bid, and who ever gets him be interesting to see how many he scores I reckon about 9 and they will be looking for a new striker in January. I really cant believe we are getting C12m for a player that never been involved in a promotion pushing team. I wonder if Joka been playing a bit of poker saying that he will build the team around him to increase his value to us, if so well played.

Mhbruce

Am I the only one a bit excited by Ross' exit, surely we wouldn't sell him if we didn't have a replacement planned, surely?

Mince n Tatties

Think Ross might have been forced out so to get funds to
bring players in...But thats not what it was supposed to be
Was it?
I will miss the best player we've had in a while.

FulhamStu

Odd for Fulham to announce a transfer before it is complete, even before a medical ?  Wonder what has changed and why they have done this ?