watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

I guarantee this money won't be reinvested. It never is - we sell him for 14 mil, we'll be lucky to see 5 of it.
We have been let down in this manner before and it'll happen again with this transfer. Very sad I'm afraid

RaySmith

"Odd for Fulham to announce a transfer before it is complete, even before a medical ?  Wonder what has changed and why they have done this ?"

Because they are aware of fans complaining about the uncertainty surrounding Ross when the season is only days away?

Besides  it's more incoming players they don't announce until all the i's are dotted, and all they've said is that an offer has been accepted - the deal could still fall through.

hovewhite

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Ron91 on August 03, 2016, 09:16:17 AM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Well said !

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 09:34:06 AM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Think Ross might have been forced out so to get funds to
bring players in..
.But thats not what it was supposed to be
Was it?
I will miss the best player we've had in a while.

You're having a laugh !

nose

if ross has gone and we now have released players, taking the most positive spin, who are we getting in that will make us better? I heard some rumours like everyone else so am expecting two or three this week. If not we are doomed, as usual!

Ron91

I just personally feel reassured when a player commits to the club a few times, signs a few contracts which no doubt have higher wages but every time another team sniffs about he's off. Maybe we do not know the full story and he may be edged out for funds as mentioned but i am only judging on what i see and i do not like that.

I remember all of our big money signings who never lived up to there reputation and ended up leaving for a fraction of the price so i am happy we are making a profit and he has done really well in that regard. I am appreciative that his and Dembeles goals kept us up.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 03, 2016, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 09:34:06 AM

Think Ross might have been forced out so to get funds to
bring players in..
.But thats not what it was supposed to be
Was it?
I will miss the best player we've had in a while.

You're having a laugh !

Why is that then ?
Only way we are going if that to get so called promised funds
But of course  you know everything that goes on at the club
dont you know all.

fulhamfan

howitis

Let's be clear on this. McCormack did not request a transfer and did not force himself away from Fulham.
Indeed Fulham decided that it was good money considering his age and were very willing to trade at the right price.
We could have very easily kept mc but decided not to.
What happens next is anyone's bet but like many I'm not confident that we have either the scouting network or the desire to spend the sort of money that will provide us with replacements that can harness the same amount of goals as Dembele and McCormack.
Let's give the club a couple of weeks to prove us wrong otherwise I think it's time the fans at matches let mr khan and the directors know exactly what we think.

Mince n Tatties

Some free transfer from East Stirling who got relegated from
Division 3 end of season... :022:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: howitis on August 03, 2016, 10:00:19 AM
Let's be clear on this. McCormack did not request a transfer and did not force himself away from Fulham.
Indeed Fulham decided that it was good money considering his age and were very willing to trade at the right price.
We could have very easily kept mc but decided not to.
What happens next is anyone's bet but like many I'm not confident that we have either the scouting network or the desire to spend the sort of money that will provide us with replacements that can harness the same amount of goals as Dembele and McCormack.
Let's give the club a couple of weeks to prove us wrong otherwise I think it's time the fans at matches let mr khan and the directors know exactly what we think.

Correct.

Andyb

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamross on August 03, 2016, 09:59:29 AM
Steve Mounie

Who is complete and utter rubbish, and before anyone says it, yes I have seen him play.

To replace Ross we need garunteed goals and assists at this level:

Jordan Rhodes
Cameron Jerome
Charlie Austin
Chris Martin

Are we realistically going to sign any of the above? No.

C O Y W

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Andyb on August 03, 2016, 10:07:31 AM
Now let's go get Jordan Rhodes

The ideal replacement IMO. Although, I'd like us to play with some serious pace.

Andyb

Delboy

Maybe Patrick Bamford ?

Chutney

Quote from: Andyb on August 03, 2016, 10:07:31 AM
Now let's go get Jordan Rhodes

Wouldn't you rather have some player from benin that scored 11 goals in the second tier of french football?
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

bobbo

Quote from: nose on August 03, 2016, 09:49:46 AM
if ross has gone and we now have released players, taking the most positive spin, who are we getting in that will make us better? I heard some rumours like everyone else so am expecting two or three this week. If not we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! , as usual!
where is the info that Ross has gone ?????
1975 just leaving home full of hope