https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alexmur on August 04, 2016, 12:01:24 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 04, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

McCormack's record seems to show that he is a restless soul, a serial collector of signing on fees and improved contracts, moving sideways from club to club, never making progress up the ladder to the PL for example.

Do you therefore think that when Ross returns to the Cottage with Villa, some Fulham supporters will chant the same as Leeds supporters did when they played here, "Whose a greedy b@st@rd".
I think we should use a  McDonald's chant "mccontract, mmmm , he's loving it"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

[/quote]

I think any such chanting should be left until we are in a winning position and then we can rub his face in it!

alexmur

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 04, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

McCormack's record seems to show that he is a restless soul, a serial collector of signing on fees and improved contracts, moving sideways from club to club, never making progress up the ladder to the PL for example.

Do you therefore think that when Ross returns to the Cottage with Villa, some Fulham supporters will chant the same as Leeds supporters did when they played here, "Whose a greedy b@st@rd".

I think any such chanting should be left until we are in a winning position and then we can rub his face in it!
[/quote]
agreed, so Saturday morning then?

sunburywhite

Quote from: alexmur on August 04, 2016, 12:08:41 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 04, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

agreed, so Saturday morning then?

[/quote]

So we will not be chanting at all then
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

westcliff white

Fee is £12 million up front, not to bad at all, plus £2 million in add one based on appearances apparently.

Invest it wisely Slav invest it wisely
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

When he comes back to the cottage, I will give him a round of applause. I certainly wouldn't boo him, he did well for the club whilst he was there.

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on August 04, 2016, 12:18:06 PM
Fee is £12 million up front, not to bad at all, plus £2 million in add one based on appearances apparently.

You are assuming Khan gives him the chance to invest it!

westcliff white

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2016, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 04, 2016, 12:18:06 PM

You are assuming Khan gives him the chance to invest it!
He will, I reckon that 12 plus another few on top
Every day is a Fulham day

NJFulham

Quote from: rweller86 on August 04, 2016, 09:42:38 AM
Love how Fulham have put it as an undisclosed fee but the Villa website states it as a club joint second highest fee at £12m. Wonder if Fulham agreed to the fee being disclosed?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article was changed to say 12m rather than undisclosed.

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: NJFulham on August 04, 2016, 01:03:01 PM
Quote from: rweller86 on August 04, 2016, 09:42:38 AM
Love how Fulham have put it as an undisclosed fee but the Villa website states it as a club joint second highest fee at £12m. Wonder if Fulham agreed to the fee being disclosed?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article was changed to say 12m rather than undisclosed.

I think the fact that the price has been disclosed will mean Khan has to spend the money or the pitchforks and torches will be out for him

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: snarks on August 04, 2016, 12:27:49 PM
When he comes back to the cottage, I will give him a round of applause. I certainly wouldn't boo him, he did well for the club whilst he was there.

:plus one:

He's gone. Players go, and we got a fair price for him partially because of these contracts.
He was the shining light in a pathetic 2 seasons and is the only reason we're not in league 1 right now. He scored spectacular goals which sent ourselves screaming along with gentleman Jim and was as trusty as Berbatov from the spot. If you ever want to see two great penalties then watch the highlights of our 4-3 against Boro in the 2014/2015 season.
He didn't force a move out publicly and always gave his all on the pitch. He's motivated by money? Who here wouldn't jump at the offer of a better wage?

The bottom line is that he's left us in a place far better than we would be without him. He's left us with £12m to spend on a few decent players who may take us to the next level as a team, with more pace and balance - two essentials in the championship. So if anyone wants to boo him, then boo him, but I won't be joining you.

ToodlesMcToot

:54:

Scored a boat load of goals for us. Never had a contentious moment with the supporters. Earned Fulham a profit on his transfer. What more could we reasonably ask for? The man wants to play in the PL. He's earned the right to take the path he believes will get him there the quickest. Good luck to him.

Villa can suck an egg though. Hope they get a taste of what we've been through and leave one of those top spots for the rest of us to fight over.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

So where are the so called geezers who were supposed
To be comng in today? Jozabum and Eddie whatever their
Names are...

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2016, 03:06:26 PM
Names are...
dotting the I's and crossing the T's hopefully.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Time: nature's way of ensuring that everything doesn't happen at once.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on August 04, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

Im an impatient old sod Cmg, so the
Wife says.

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: cmg on August 04, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

Im an impatient old sod Cmg, so the
Wife says.

No foolin' her!  :54:

Bill2

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 04, 2016, 01:55:09 PM

He's gone. Players go, and we got a fair price for him partially because of these contracts.
He was the shining light in a pathetic 2 seasons and is the only reason we're not in league 1 right now. He scored spectacular goals which sent ourselves screaming along with gentleman Jim and was as trusty as Berbatov from the spot. If you ever want to see two great penalties then watch the highlights of our 4-3 against Boro in the 2014/2015 season.
He didn't force a move out publicly and always gave his all on the pitch. He's motivated by money? Who here wouldn't jump at the offer of a better wage?

The bottom line is that he's left us in a place far better than we would be without him. He's left us with £12m to spend on a few decent players who may take us to the next level as a team, with more pace and balance - two essentials in the championship. So if anyone wants to boo him, then boo him, but I won't be joining you.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 04, 2016, 03:12:53 PM
Names are...

And obviously being introduced to Hilda!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 04, 2016, 03:33:27 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 04, 2016, 03:12:53 PM
Names are...

And obviously being introduced to Hilda!

Yes and they better like Hobnobs.

fulhamben

094.gif all very quiet at the moment. what time is the cut off to be able to be in the squad tomorrrow.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.