Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 21, 2016, 11:02:38 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 21, 2016, 10:48:29 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 21, 2016, 10:43:30 AM
Unfortunately it seems now this is going to be the question on every rumour or signing, is he a joka or Kline man. How sad we always shoot ourselves in the foot as we turn a corner for the better.
Quote from: f321ffc on August 21, 2016, 10:27:03 AM
Latest rumour
Neeskens Kebano 4million Euros from Genk.
Wonder if Kline has ok'd this .

We at fulham like numbers and stats. This guy seems to know where the goal is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neeskens_Kebano
always linked with midfielders. how about a striker

joka said we didn't need one. he wants a central defender more,

@jolslover

Quote from: NJFulham on August 21, 2016, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 21, 2016, 11:02:38 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 21, 2016, 10:48:29 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 21, 2016, 10:43:30 AM
Unfortunately it seems now this is going to be the question on every rumour or signing, is he a joka or Kline man. How sad we always shoot ourselves in the foot as we turn a corner for the better.
Quote from: f321ffc on August 21, 2016, 10:27:03 AM
Latest rumour
Neeskens Kebano 4million Euros from Genk.
Wonder if Kline has ok'd this .

We at fulham like numbers and stats. This guy seems to know where the goal is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neeskens_Kebano
always linked with midfielders. how about a striker

joka said we didn't need one. he wants a central defender more,

Striker is the number 1 position we need a player in and literally anyone can see that. Smith and Woodrow not good enough
STH H3

mkras99

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1646419/manchester-united-outcast-phil-jones-wanted-by-stoke-while-man-city-must-rue-snubbing-60m-chelsea-target-kalidou-koulibaly-for-just-1m/

SPURS have been told to pay ?8million for Fulham whizkid  Ryan Sessegnon.

Tottenham wanted to tie up a ?3m deal for the 16-year-old left-back, who made his Championship debut last week.

However, the Cottagers want much more for the teen being dubbed the next Gareth Bale.

Yet Spurs will not be put off and plan to offer a player in part-exchange.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2016, 04:55:37 PM
yeah it's rubbish, he never said we didn't need a striker, just said we need a central midfielder and defender as well

It certainly doesn't seem believable, but getwestlondon have quoted our manager yesterday as saying:

"I don't think we need a striker but the position I want to improve is centre-back but this is not in my hands,"...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-blames-lack-signings-11777918

Nero

Quote from: Arthur on August 21, 2016, 05:51:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2016, 04:55:37 PM
yeah it's rubbish, he never said we didn't need a striker, just said we need a central midfielder and defender as well

It certainly doesn't seem believable, but getwestlondon have quoted our manager yesterday as saying:

"I don't think we need a striker but the position I want to improve is centre-back but this is not in my hands,"...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-blames-lack-signings-11777918

from the offal

With just over a week left in the transfer window the Whites will be looking to strengthen throughout the spine of the side, not just up front since the departure of Ross McCormack.

?It?s not a question of one striker,? the Head Coach insisted. ?We need on centre midfielder as well.

?I believe we need to improve the depth at centre back.?

The match saw another exceptional display from a young Fulham product in Sessegnon and the Head Coach was full of praise for another mature performance from the player.

Carborundum

Quote from: cmg on August 21, 2016, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 21, 2016, 12:55:33 PM
Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL)
8/21/16, 7:39 AM
Out-of-favour Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes is a target for several Championship clubs. pic.twitter.com/vzIek9PWpB

Would seem to be ideal.
BUT, how do you interpret the graph when you stick these stats into your computer?

12/13 Championship  goals 28      @1/141'
13/14          "                    25       @1/161'
14/15          "                    21       @1/167'
15/16          "                    16       @1/209'
Blackburn have got worse and worse in recent seasons, Middlesborough didn't really need him, bought him as an insurance policy.  Amazing goal scoring under the circumstances.

river phoenix

Jordan Rhodes would be a terrific signing. 20+ goals in a season almost guaranteed.

Jordan Rhodes (clinical striker), Neeskens Kebano (winger/att mid), Stefan Johansen (def mid) and a centre-back (Sebastien Bassong maybe).

cmg

Quote from: Carborundum on August 21, 2016, 06:39:24 PM
Out-of-favour Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes is a target for several Championship clubs. pic.twitter.com/vzIek9PWpB

Would seem to be ideal.
BUT, how do you interpret the graph when you stick these stats into your computer?

Blackburn have got worse and worse in recent seasons, Middlesborough didn't really need him, bought him as an insurance policy.  Amazing goal scoring under the circumstances.

My opinion is that Rhodes is, indeed, an impressive goalscorer and, on balance, would welcome him here. I have always had a very slight reservation about him in that he doesn't always look the most sylph-like of figures.

I post the stats because stats are a (un-)popular topic right now and these are the facts and would produce a downward trend graph.
Your interpretation is interesting, but doesn't really hold up. B'burn finished 17th in Rhodes' first season, then 8th, then 9th and were 17th when he left (they finished 15th). As for the opinion that Middlesbrough paid 10 million quid for a player they didn't really need (each of his six goals affected the points M'boro earned in that match), you'll excuse me if I pass on that one.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: cmg on August 21, 2016, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on August 21, 2016, 06:39:24 PM

Would seem to be ideal.

My opinion is that Rhodes is, indeed, an impressive goalscorer and, on balance, would welcome him here. I have always had a very slight reservation about him in that he doesn't always look the most sylph-like of figures.

I post the stats because stats are a (un-)popular topic right now and these are the facts and would produce a downward trend graph.
Your interpretation is interesting, but doesn't really hold up. B'burn finished 17th in Rhodes' first season, then 8th, then 9th and were 17th when he left (they finished 15th). As for the opinion that Middlesbrough paid 10 million quid for a player they didn't really need (each of his six goals affected the points M'boro earned in that match), you'll excuse me if I pass on that one.

On the face of it Rhodes scoring record is brilliant but there's something not quite right there. You would've though a prem club might've  snapped him up but hes rarely linked. Think he is very pedestrian, maybe lacks  pace to step up?.
Watch Bamfords goals for Boro the other night and was surprised with his pace, a lot quicker than I thought. Would prefer him to Rhodes to be honest

Jims Dentist

If money is an issue, why have we spent allegedly ?3.5m on M/F der from Spain, when we need strikers and a tall CB.

MJG

2 to 3 in this week, and even possibly the one SJ said had been vetoed.
So I have been told today.

Fulham76

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:21:17 PM

Who is the one that was supposed to have been vetoed? What positions are the 2 or 3 you were told about today?

MJG

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 09:23:42 PM

Who is the one that was supposed to have been vetoed? What positions are the 2 or 3 you were told about today?
was given no names or positions. Just that this is what's expected.

DevonFFC

I hope.its a 1 striker, 1 dm who is 6 foot plus and again a big cb. Against Leeds once Smith went off we had a very short team.

alexmur

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2016, 09:52:23 PM

If true then it will show Joka pushed the right buttons by speaking out, did what he had to. Gotta tip your hat to the man
long live joka!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rambler

MJG do you mind me asking how you get such insights into the inner runnings of the club?!

MJG

Quote from: Rambler on August 21, 2016, 09:57:12 PM
MJG do you mind me asking how you get such insights into the inner runnings of the club?!
no I don't mind you asking :-)

Fulham76

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:24:57 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 09:23:42 PM

was given no names or positions. Just that this is what's expected.

Hopefully will happen. Why we leave it so late, can't see any benefit?