https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Westham were on
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 24, 2016, 11:52:48 AM
Anyone else thinking Gyan might be headed to West Ham? He was photographed in London yesterday but surely the wage makes a deal impossible for us.
westham manager was talking about bony from city earlier. So no, don't think he will go there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2016, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 24, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
Woodrow isn't good enough for us.
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

There is no recognition in this about the type of player he is and the stage of his career. He is a hard working lad rather than one with an abundance of raw talent who has not yet had a good run in the team.

For me if he is going to progress he needs to play regularly and get a chance to score regularly. If we do bring in a first choice forward then maybe a loan out to a club like Sheffield United would be good for him.

The thing is if a player is lazy but talented you just need to motivate them. but you can't motivate talent into someone who doesn't have it. IMO any player needs at least one strength you try to take advantage of. For example fredericks--not a great player but you can make something of his pace. For woodrow, what is it?
pace? no.
strength? no.
aerial ability? no.
dribbling? no.
playmaking? no.
finishing? no.

Blimey, you really have a downer on everybody and everything at the moment.

If you saw his goals against Leyton Orient then you might think at least he has some ability at finishing.

If I were his coach then I would, for a start, have him practicing ball control for an hour or two a day until that improved. As for motivating him then I would say that if he is to be a striker then he should be a bit more selfish and focussed on that, get into more goal scoring positions rather than going to help out the team and take a few more shots. A few goals does wonders for the confidence of a striker.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2016, 11:54:59 AM
Westham were on
Anyone else thinking Gyan might be headed to West Ham? He was photographed in London yesterday but surely the wage makes a deal impossible for us.
westham manager was talking about bony from city earlier. So no, don't think he will go there
Dont think he was in London, fairly sure he was photographed outside of the British Embassy in China.

Does anyone really think we are going to sign Gyan?

Don't get me wrong would love too but just cant see it happening
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 11:56:38 AM
Westham were on
Dont think he was in London, fairly sure he was photographed outside of the British Embassy in China.

Agree, surely his wages too big for a champ club, would like him tho.
STH H3

twang

Westham were on

Would never have thought that we could sign Sigurdsson either so who knows.

fulhamben

Westham were on

no, stupid wages. And if we don't go up, we would have spent so much money on a player who won't be here next season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: hopper on August 24, 2016, 11:51:55 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 24, 2016, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2016, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 24, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
Woodrow isn't good enough for us.
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

There is no recognition in this about the type of player he is and the stage of his career. He is a hard working lad rather than one with an abundance of raw talent who has not yet had a good run in the team.

For me if he is going to progress he needs to play regularly and get a chance to score regularly. If we do bring in a first choice forward then maybe a loan out to a club like Sheffield United would be good for him.

The thing is if a player is lazy but talented you just need to motivate them. but you can't motivate talent into someone who doesn't have it. IMO any player needs at least one strength you try to take advantage of. For example fredericks--not a great player but you can make something of his pace. For woodrow, what is it?
pace? no.
strength? no.
aerial ability? no.
dribbling? no.
playmaking? no.
finishing? no.

Top post.

His finishing is great though. Everything else perhaps not, but he knows where the net is

I agree with most of what you say Hopper but it isn't quite that simple. It probably is more so with strikers but if you have a bit of everything then you can make a very good supporting forward. I've always felt Woodrow's hold up play and assisting has been good. It needs to get better to make him any use to us in reality. The one thing I've felt he lacked was finishing but against orient he did what he isnt best at (however good that maybe) and scored two good goals. The point I was trying to make is we forgive some players a so so game but not others. Dembele had two worse games on the bounce but started the third. I don't think cauley will get that chance as I hope improvements are coming in, I'm just not writing him off is all. If we bolster the squad a loan move until Jan may becthe best for both sides. I think playing off smith he may be very effective

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on August 24, 2016, 11:59:40 AM
Westham were on

Would never have thought that we could sign Sigurdsson either so who knows.
For me Siggurdson was a realistic target, he isnt on a massive salary of 230k a week, he salary would have fit put budgets. For me its not money though Gyan could move to a mid to low table prem side, of maybe somewhere else in Europe thats why I think is it realistic that we can get him

alexmur

Quote from: @jolslover on August 24, 2016, 11:59:19 AM
Westham were on

I don't see anyone paying him that wage, we will get him on loan till the end of his contract, and they will pay a large part of his wages

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rusty shackleford

Apparently we'd be paying a 1 off fee of 2m for Gyan instead of paying his wages

westcliff white

Westham were on

I would like him too, if we are loaning maybe it is some stupid deal, however my main thing is he could play in another leagues top flguht or middle to lower end prem team, why would he come to us

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 12:04:22 PM
Westham were on

I would like him too, if we are loaning maybe it is some stupid deal, however my main thing is he could play in another leagues top flguht or middle to lower end prem team, why would he come to us

Khan and the board did it. How dare they

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
Westham were on

no, stupid wages. And if we don't go up, we would have spent so much money on a player who won't be here next season.
Agree stupid wages but that aside, would we attract him over other clubs? he could still play lower to middle premier league surely or top flight in another league with possibly european matches.

however if we only have to pay 40k of his salary then he could be a decent signing, as he could well rip this division to shreds

westcliff white

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 24, 2016, 12:04:09 PM
Apparently we'd be paying a 1 off fee of 2m for Gyan instead of paying his wages
where is this reported? thats about 25k per week for 40 weeks the chinese must be crazy to accept that deal

Asotosyios

Assuming we loan him up to the end of May, that is the equivalent of paying him ?50k per week without any fee included. Not a bad deal for such a striker.

westcliff white

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 24, 2016, 12:06:39 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 12:04:22 PM
Westham were on

Khan and the board did it. How dare they
not sure what your getting at, but then I am a little slow on things today lol

Asotosyios

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 12:08:29 PM
where is this reported? thats about 25k per week for 40 weeks the chinese must be crazy to accept that deal

As it was reported, he doesn't play regularly enough because they got Hulk. So, they can pay him ?230k a week to sit on the bench or accept a contribution for us (or another club) and put him back on the English window so they can sell him next summer.

@jolslover

Thats a brilliant deal, one 2 million pound payment up front. and 0% of his wages. Very happy.
STH H3

rusty shackleford

The fee came from someone on twitter from Bleacher Report, so its probably ballix, but thats where I seen it anyway

westcliff white

if its true then its 25k or 50k per week for 40 weeks, if you look at that as a season. not a bad deal with no wages if as I say its true