watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Guys let's just see what happens today as we are just following hear say and rumour.

westcliff white

For me the risk is disharmony in the squad and salary which can be better spent elsewhere.

At palace last seaosn the played a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and he got hauled off for Wickham or strated on the  bench, once it was clear he wasnt a starter he didnt turn up for training, as in he was there but just going through the motions.

I honestly beleive given our start and what seems tobe a team with good morale and chemistry that this guy should be avoided. At worst sign him after the deadline if we can get no one else.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on August 31, 2016, 10:41:42 AM
Guys let's just see what happens today as we are just following hear say and rumour.
Not sure it is hear say or rumour when both the BBC and Sky are reporting it, but I hope your right

MarryatsChild

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 10:17:24 AM
Not a bad shout riversider, especially given as who we have now been linked to by Sky.

Might as well go for Wickham and Campbell, neither are worse than Adebayour, in fact I think Wickham kept Adebayour out of the palace team in the end

Not Ade, not now, not ever. A complete soloist at his best, today a money-grabber on his last legs, IMHO.

bill taylors apprentice

Hopefully it a ploy to hurry up the real deal(s) and back up only if all else fails ?

Horsfield_No9

I too am concerned about his high wage and how much effort he'd put in. This is where the stats lie, sure they look good in previous seasons but he was at big clubs competing for cups on huge wages and a younger man. Now his desire has gone, totally the wrong player for this club. We finally have a group of players who are hungry and together, no mercenaries or journeymen. We've been here with Bent and Berbatov and it was detrimental to the teams progression.

I'd prefer to sign no-one than Adebayor. Bring in Humphrys from the U23 and start playing Kebano or Aluko further forward if need be.

Ideal and hopefully realistic situation now is Chris Martin. Team player with 15 goals and 9 assists last year who'll really want to make it to the Premier League.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

I ouwld not say Maritn is Toxic, I once saw him described as econiomical with his movement though.

It seems according to some reports on Twitter that Oostende are the problem on any Cyriac singing they are being difficult to deal woth was the term used.

kempkong

There is nothing confirming any of these players are on our radar and could just be media speculation as we need a striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on August 31, 2016, 10:44:25 AM
chris martin, gyan, now adebayor... are we determined to someone lazy and toxic?

i look forward to us being linked with pol pot and harold shipman next

never thought i'd say this but i'd rather stick with smith and woodrow at this point

Chris Martin is twice the player the other two are.
The only reason his scoring has dropped a little is down to their overated midfield
which aint supplying the ammo anymore..Read the Derby Forums.
I hope we get Martin all day long before them money grabbing pair..

westcliff white

Thats the same with any signing until it happens KempKong.

The fact both BBC and Sky go with the AA story worries me greatly, horsefield summed it up very well i thought

Slaphead in Qatar

Ade as a late impact sub - ok

Ade as our main man - not OK

Tooting legend

I think the signing would be a real coup, he would score goals without a doubt

Armardar

I was all excited hearing about the links to Ade, but musing the prospect of laziness, I am starting to find a number of reasons why it would be a bad idea

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 31, 2016, 10:59:26 AM
I think the signing would be a real coup, he would score goals without a doubt

How many did he get for Palace?
And this league is harder.

Andy S

Totally agree. Where is Kline when you need him

Rhys Lightning 63

Of ALL the forwards that are out there, I just fail to believe that Adebayor is the best/preferred option by the club
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Carborundum

The Adebayor leak has the hallmarks of a feint.  By getting linked with him we are saying to the club(s) we are negotiating with: "we can walk away and sign this guy instead". 

As a free agent, presumably we could sign him on Thursday morning if we didn't manage to make signings today.

Offset

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 31, 2016, 10:48:07 AM
Hopefully it a ploy to hurry up the real deal(s) and back up only if all else fails ?

We do not have to sign him today because he is a "free agent" and he could be signed after the window closes so I think that it is agent talk

rubbernecca

Back to Wolves on loan: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/august/31/stearman-departs

Good luck to him (except against us!)

westcliff white

Stearman signs season long loan deal with Wolves.

Re Adebayor

Sky experts say....

ADEBAYOR A 'PR MOVE'?

His name has popped up a few times before on Deadline Day, but what doSSN HQ guests Stuart Pearce and Andy Hinchcliffe think of Emmanuel Adebayor potentially joining Fulham?

Pearce: "He's one of these names that crops up at the back end of every transfer window. I'm not seeing it. I don't see it and I don't see how he can help Fulham, but I may be wrong."

Hinchcliffe: "It's a PR thing. His name still carries a bit of weight but in terms of the job he has to do or you need him to do, that's what it's all about. You need players that are going to help you and benefit you and I'm not sure that, at somewhere like Fulham where you do need goals, he's not for me."