watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gentleman Jim

Started by HatterDon, May 07, 2016, 08:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I had a massive brain fart and didn't realize there was an early kickoff today until I tuned it at the usual time.

For those who listened, were GJ and Sean at the mics? I was concerned after the "glitch" that kept GJ's voice off the last highlights/replays.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HatterDon on May 07, 2016, 08:01:37 PM
I had a massive brain fart and didn't realize there was an early kickoff today until I tuned it at the usual time.

For those who listened, were GJ and Sean at the mics? I was concerned after the "glitch" that kept GJ's voice off the last highlights/replays.

Yup they were both at the mic. I think they were as miffed as all of us over what could have been this season and both agreed that some would go and of prime importance was a team ethic next season. The wasted corners got a mention and both bemoaned the early loss of Fredericks so he has at least three fans. The No.44 was their player of the season.

Peabody

As usual, GJ was interviewed pre game which put paid to the ill informed rumours that he had been given the tin tack.

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on May 07, 2016, 08:41:21 PM
As usual, GJ was interviewed pre game which put paid to the ill informed rumours that he had been given the tin tack.
but at the end he did say thanks to everyone for the messages of support and we'll wishes through the week
Something definitely went on
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

GJ ,he's part of our club!!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on May 07, 2016, 08:46:27 PM
but at the end he did say thanks to everyone for the messages of support and we'll wishes through the week
Come on Ben...
That really is putting two and two together and getting the wrong result!
He was saying thanks for listening over a dire season - nothing to do with being sacked!

davew

If GJ has been sacked, well I will bury my head in shame in the fact that somebody who goes to every game and is so loyal and biased in supporting our club may have been a given a red card, well unbelievable if true!! We all want a lot of changes but not somebody who at long last is realising the truth about the club and overdue or not is saying on air what we say on the forum, next week the forum will be shut down! 
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

Quote from: hovewhite on May 07, 2016, 09:40:19 PM
GJ ,he's part of our club!!

That he is -- especially for us FulhAmericans. Back in the earlier days of the Premier League, we'd get maybe 5 live matches per season and maybe a total of 18 including tape delays. GJ was our man. FulhamUSA.com's chatroom was full on match days  -- all of us listening to GJ. The crowd included Brits and other expats. Once Setanta's US affiliation went away, we'd get all the matches on Fox, although the live matches were certainly a rarity. When NBC took over, all matches were live and we were in hog heaven.

I still enjoyed GJ dring cup matches -- especially the early Europa League affairs. GJ was passionate, partisan, but always worth listening to.

If any of you got the wonderful Fulham Reviews that the folks at Craven Cottage Newsround put out for a while, I wrote a tribute to the guy a few years back. Have a read if you'e got it in your library.

I'm really looking forward to next season now.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 07, 2016, 09:56:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 07, 2016, 08:46:27 PM
Come on Ben...
That really is putting two and two together and getting the wrong result!
He was saying thanks for listening over a dire season - nothing to do with being sacked!
well no, because he also said that aswell
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.